• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey Declares State of Emergency for 3 Months

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hi, I'm just putting this in its own new thread, to focus on the State of Emergency just declared by Turkey for the next 3 months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...498b44-4de5-11e6-bf27-405106836f96_story.html

So things are now past the failed coup which shows no sign of coming back. Things are now in the aftermath under a new State of Emergency under which the Erdogan govt is assuming very sweeping powers to use as it sees fit.

How far will this crackdown go? Where will it stop? When will Turkey's next elections be? Will Erdogan's goal of an executive presidency be presented to the people as a fait d'accompli?

Hi, I'm just putting this in its own new thread, to focus on the State of Emergency just declared by Turkey for the next 3 months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...498b44-4de5-11e6-bf27-405106836f96_story.html

So things are now past the failed coup which shows no sign of coming back. Things are now in the aftermath under a new State of Emergency under which the Erdogan govt is assuming very sweeping powers to use as it sees fit.

How far will this crackdown go? Where will it stop? When will Turkey's next elections be? Will Erdogan's goal of an executive presidency be presented to the people as a fait d'accompli?

All I know is it's gonna get even worse for Turkey from here on out. And it was already pretty bad before this coup happened.

Wikileaks just did an document dump of Ergodans parties emails.
Turkey has blocked Wikileaks in response.

Can't wait to see what's inside that haul, probably some incriminating stuff.
Hope Medusa is ok.

Erdogon is installing himself as a dictator. So much for supporting the democratically elected government.

Back
Top Bottom