• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey carries out air attacks in Iraq

-- Finally, the many critics who incorrectly asserted that Israel had violated international maritime law when seeking to inspect the flotilla--it didn't--are extremely unlikely to speak out against Turkey's carrying out an air raid in a neighboring sovereign state. That, too, is an inconsistent approach that reveals that Israel's critics are concerned far more about Israel's acting to defend itself than they are about broader principles.

Wrong.

I for one am, registering my complaint right here and now about Turkey's attacks on the Kurds but I'm also not going to use Turkey's double standards to justify the wrongs done to the Gaza Flotilla.

The problem I see with this forum is that it has become too "black and white" - that if you argue the case against an IDF or an Israeli govt action / decision that you suddenly become regarded as anti-semitic or an "israel hater" (I've had the last one thrown at me) and also that if you argue the case for an IDF or an Israeli govt action / decision - that shouldn't necessarily make you an apologist.

However, it's pretty clear cut in the "reductio ad anti-semitism" tactics (I won't call them debate) that intelligent or even objective discussion of events that involve Israel is pretty difficult on DP in particular and on some other forums.

This thread did little to investigate / illuminate or develop anyone's understanding of what the background is to the horrors inflicted on the Kurds in Turkey and in Afghanistan but became a feeding frenzy early on to add justification to what Israel does in Gaza.

The old saying "two wrongs doesn't make a right" applies here in this thread. Turkey's actions and any perceived failings by the international community to condemn do not allow Israel a free pass to act against the ordinary Gazans the way it has.

Bombing Kurdish villages in Northern Iraq by one nation does not justify collective punishment of Gazans by another.

Wrong.

I for one am, registering my complaint right here and now about Turkey's attacks on the Kurds but I'm also not going to use Turkey's double standards to justify the wrongs done to the Gaza Flotilla.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it was that israel did that was "wrong." The military blockade is publicly known, they warned the ships off in international radio frequencies using internationally accepted terminology, the area is a war zone, etc., so tell me exactly what israel did that was "wrong"?

If 5 ships were not hostile, and the 6th was, with armed thugs on that one vessel trained and put there to initiate a scuffle/conflict, and the fact that most of the goods on board were garbage - what were they doing there if not to create trouble?

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it was that israel did that was "wrong." The military blockade is publicly known, they warned the ships off in international radio frequencies using internationally accepted terminology, the area is a war zone, etc., so tell me exactly what israel did that was "wrong"?

If 5 ships were not hostile, and the 6th was, with armed thugs on that one vessel trained and put there to initiate a scuffle/conflict, and the fact that most of the goods on board were garbage - what were they doing there if not to create trouble?

I can tell I'm dealing with an objective inquiring mind here.

Nevertheless - I could be facile and say what they did wrong was not send all the boats to the bottom of the sea and gain a whole load of thanks form a category of poster such as thanked the post I'm quoting or I could claim the flotilla was innocent and maybe gain thanks from other quarters.

I won't help you derail a thread about a Turkish attack on a Kurdish village but instead direct you to a thread where this was already discussed.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...rael-intercepts-gaza-flotilla-says-hamas.html

I can tell I'm dealing with an objective inquiring mind here.

Nevertheless - I could be facile and say what they did wrong was not send all the boats to the bottom of the sea and gain a whole load of thanks form a category of poster such as thanked the post I'm quoting
Do you have some form of an obsession with me that you can't even let me thanking a person go without making a personal attack?
Honestly it's way beyond the simply pathetic now.

Besides that you were unable to provide a real answer to joergan's questions.

-- Besides that you were unable to provide a real answer to joergan's questions.

On the contrary, and if he would like to continue an off topic discussion about something unrelated to the subject of the thread he now has a thread where we can discuss Israel and the blockade of Gaza and other matters that have nothing to do with Kurds and Turkey.

What is Turkey doing that is wrong?
Since users have openly admitted to the US's funding of terrorist organizations and the US's own double standards, how does that make Turkey anymore or anyless a hypocrite than the US? Why are we picking Turkey out here?
Anyway, you cant compare the aid flotilla to the PKK. Just cant happen. Or the blockade for that matter.

What is Turkey doing that is wrong?
Since users have openly admitted to the US's funding of terrorist organizations and the US's own double standards, how does that make Turkey anymore or anyless a hypocrite than the US? Why are we picking Turkey out here?
Anyway, you cant compare the aid flotilla to the PKK. Just cant happen. Or the blockade for that matter.

What I have found interesting is that I have not reacted as I usually would.
I mean if it was Israel/US/UK who carried our air strikes in Iraq, I'd be shouting down the roof about how illegal that is and immoral but with Turkey. Nothing.

Huh, I guess you find out new things about yourself everyday.

What I have found interesting is that I have not reacted as I usually would.
I mean if it was Israel/US/UK who carried our air strikes in Iraq, I'd be shouting down the roof about how illegal that is and immoral but with Turkey. Nothing.

Huh, I guess you find out new things about yourself everyday.

No offence but does it have anything to do with the US/UK/Israel not being muslim majority nations?

No offence but does it have anything to do with the US/UK/Israel not being muslim majority nations?

I really do think so which just makes it so much worse for me.
Is it supposed to be better if it's Muslims killing Muslims as opposed to Jews or Christians doing the killing?
It should be worse for Muslims to kill other Muslims.

I don't think Turkey is right with the raid because it is other Muslims but I hate being slow on something obvious.

I really do think so which just makes it so much worse for me.
Is it supposed to be better if it's Muslims killing Muslims as opposed to Jews or Christians doing the killing?
It should be worse for Muslims to kill other Muslims.

You do realize that Muslims are there own biggest murderers? There is no unity amongst them.
If they aren't killing each other over there ethnic differences there killing each other because he/she is a shiite
or he/she is a sunni, and if they aren't killing each other because of that its because he/she is an Alveli muslim or he/she is a Wahhabist.
The list is endless.
What difference does it make if the Christians put them out of there misery? They will never be taken seriously or respected on the
international stage for as long as they fail to respect or take each other seriously. Anyway, Afghanistan is hardly a crusade.
At least the Americans are killing bad guys. Terrorists are just targeting innocent people, you should welcome there temporary presence.

I don't think Turkey is right with the raid because it is other Muslims but I hate being slow on something obvious.

Turkey is a secular country. This has nothing to do with petty things like religion. Save that for the imams and the civilians, this is country vs country, ideology vs
ideology. Anyway, the PKK are commo's, hardly a pro-religion ideology.

Yes I do know that Muslims have always killed one another and will probably never stop.

I'm just surprised at myself that is all.

But back on topic, was just a observation.

Back
Top Bottom