• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tulsi Gabbard Says Syria’s Assad Not ‘Enemy’ of U.S., Country Poses No Direct Threat

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So, she MUST BE A RUSSIAN AGENT THEN, RIGHT DP Leftists?

Looks like Gabbard "DIDN'T GET THE MEMO".

In total contradiction of settled Left Dogma...Gabbard has declared Russia's #1 ALLY as "OK" with her.

Did you know she was IN SYRIA, HANGING WITH ASSAD, in 2017? Funny the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT made no news about that, huh?

Imagine if that were a Trump associate instead of a supporter of Putin's US yellowcake uranium provider, Obama, huh?

The FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT would have paid RIOTERS to go berserk in front of the White House, most likely.

Now...will the Local Left throw Gabbard under the bus, try to backtrack on the YEARS of Assad/Russia bashing, or something else?

Tulsi Gabbard Says Syria’s Assad Not ‘Enemy’ of U.S., Country Poses No Direct Threat

ulsi Gabbard, the Hawaii representative and 2020 Democratic candidate for president, defended Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and said he is not the "enemy."

Gabbard, who met with Assad during a 2017 "fact-finding" mission in Syria told MSNBC's Morning Joe Wednesday he is not an enemy of the U.S., despite the ruthless leader having used chemical weapons against opposition forces inside his own country. The hosts of the show pushed back against the Hawaii Democrat's comments, but Gabbard, who is a veteran, said she is more concerned with how our military is being used in the Middle East.

"Assad is not the enemy of the United States, because Syria does not pose a direct threat to the United States," said Gabbard, striking an anti-interventionist tone throughout the interview. “My point is that whether it is Syria or any of these other countries, we need to look at how their interests are counter to or aligned with ours."

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabb...KQcUH_CJmT0BPzKQ_iLsbWrURAKla6aw6JE21a4VjBu08

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nah, she's right on this; there is no way Syria is itself a direct threat despite the terrible things its govt has done.

Also within the party, Tulsi has taken and continues to take heat for breaking with Democrat orthodoxy on this.

Personally I think she's a tad too friendly with Bashir, but her fundamental outlook regarding the country isn't wrong.

In total contradiction of settled Left Dogma...Gabbard has declared Russia's #1 ALLY as "OK" with her.

Did you know she was IN SYRIA, HANGING WITH ASSAD, in 2017? Funny the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT made no news about that, huh?

Imagine if that were a Trump associate instead of a supporter of Putin's yellowcake uranium provider, Obama, huh?

The FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT would have paid RIOTERS to go berserk in front of the White House, most likely.

Now...will the Local Left throw Gabbard under the bus, try to backtrack on the YEARS of Assad/Russia bashing, or something else?

ulsi Gabbard, the Hawaii representative and 2020 Democratic candidate for president, defended Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and said he is not the "enemy."

Gabbard, who met with Assad during a 2017 "fact-finding" mission in Syria told MSNBC's Morning Joe Wednesday he is not an enemy of the U.S., despite the ruthless leader having used chemical weapons against opposition forces inside his own country. The hosts of the show pushed back against the Hawaii Democrat's comments, but Gabbard, who is a veteran, said she is more concerned with how our military is being used in the Middle East.

"Assad is not the enemy of the United States, because Syria does not pose a direct threat to the United States," said Gabbard, striking an anti-interventionist tone throughout the interview. “My point is that whether it is Syria or any of these other countries, we need to look at how their interests are counter to or aligned with ours."

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabb...KQcUH_CJmT0BPzKQ_iLsbWrURAKla6aw6JE21a4VjBu08

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the 2016 Presidential race, Trump said he'd pull our military out of the ME, and instead install them on our southern border, as part of his quest to put 'America First'. We saw how that turned out; the war hawk 'centrists' accused him of doing Russia a favor, code for 'he's not doing what Israel wants'.

The subject of Syria is so loaded with dishonesty. During the Obama years, the USA was the biggest supporter of Islamic terrorism under the table. Tulsi Gabbard, having served in a combat zone in Iraq, frankly has more authority on the subject than any dorky journalists who're now trying to smear her over her views on Syria.

I agree..we KICKED ISIS ass there, bombed some Russians, too, and obliterated the Caliphate.

We need to get out job done in Syra, IMHO,...but I think we should maintain our base in Iraq..at least for the time being.

I agree..we KICKED ISIS ass there, bombed some Russians, too, and obliterated the Caliphate.

We need to get out job done in Syra, IMHO,...but I think we should maintain our base in Iraq..at least for the time being.

yeah, “Mission Accomplished!” :lamo

Where have we heard that before?

Imagine if that were a Trump associate instead of a supporter of Putin's US yellowcake uranium provider, Obama, huh?

So do you agree with her assessment of Assad or not? I couldn’t quite tell.

And you think going to “hang out” with brutal dictators who has their own people is a good thing..... why, exactly?

She's been to Syria to investigate.. have you?

Tulsi Gabbard.

Thought her rogue independent visit with Assad in 2017 was over the line and unacceptable.

Never been a fan.

Nah, she's right on this; there is no way Syria is itself a direct threat despite the terrible things its govt has done.

Also within the party, Tulsi has taken and continues to take heat for breaking with Democrat orthodoxy on this.

Personally I think she's a tad too friendly with Bashir, but her fundamental outlook regarding the country isn't wrong.

I agree, the smears against her are starting to get ridiculous. God forbid an actual Presidential candidate be against war. You really start to notice the ties between corporate media and the government by how they treat candidates such as Tulsi or Ron Paul. Someone that is truly anti-war and against our endless meddling in the ME is not going to get a fair shot.

yeah, “Mission Accomplished!” :lamo

Where have we heard that before?

So, you're not ready to take a stand one way or the other on the thread topic...which is GABBARD's STATEMENT?

Tulsi Gabbard.

Thought her rogue independent visit with Assad in 2017 was over the line and unacceptable.

Never been a fan.

Why? She was actually trying to do her job and find out what was going on over there. She literally put her own safety at risk in order to get a more clear picture of the situation.

I agree, the smears against her are starting to get ridiculous. God forbid an actual Presidential candidate be against war. You really start to notice the ties between corporate media and the government by how they treat candidates such as Tulsi or Ron Paul. Someone that is truly anti-war and against our endless meddling in the ME is not going to get a fair shot.

So you condemn all the leftists ( a right wingers) who RIPPED TRUMP for following through on his promise to get us out of Syria?

So do you agree with her assessment of Assad or not? I couldn’t quite tell.

Screw Assad. We CRUSHED the Obama-armed Caliphate. I do not think the Syrian Civil War is worth a DROP of US blood, beyond that. We can defend the Kurds, if needed, from our base in Iraq.

I don't think he is our "friend", but Syria and Russia TOGETHER are no threat to us.

The fact that she came out in support of Russia's #1 ally , which would be absolute "proof" that she is "PUTIN'S PUPPET", if she wasn't a democrat.

So you condemn all the leftists ( a right wingers) who RIPPED TRUMP for following through on his promise to get us out of Syria?

Well yeah....I thought that was the appropriate move and said so at the time.

So it's "OK" for a democrat to go hang put with Russia's #1 ally? Not what you'd be saying if it were Jared Kushner....

Last edited:
So it's "OK" for a democrat to go hang put with Russia's #1 ally?

She also met with the opposition there, so you are being more than a little misleading.

Edit: I could have sworn I read something about that but cant seem to find it now so I may be incorrect on that.

Last edited:
And you think going to “hang out” with brutal dictators who has their own people is a good thing..... why, exactly?

I never said that. Strawman much?

I disagree with her unilateral trip to Syria, but I agree Assad is not a problem for us, unless Iran strengthens its presence there = why I think our base in Iraq must remain.

She also met with the opposition there, so you are being more than a little misleading.

No...calling Assad who he IS is (Putin's #1 ally) not being "MISLEADING"....

What "opposition"? The KURDS are not "the opposition" in Syria.

Doesn't change the fact that this would be HUUUUGE if it were a Trump Adm. member meeting with Russia's #1 ally...which is the truth.

I'd never support Gabbard. Far too ambivalent about Putin and Assad.

He run extermination camps. He gasses civilians to death

You support him.

I am not surprised.

You support him.

I am not surprised.

STRAWMAN MUCH?

Still making up BULL**** that other people never said, we see.

Try arguing against what I ACTUALLY SAID.

I don't "support Assad"; I don't give **** about him. He is not worth one drop of US blood.

The Castros STILL run death camps, and your darling, Obama, glowingly eulogized Fidel...remember?

Hypocrite much?

Last edited:

Yeah. I'm sure the Assad regime really led her to ground truth.

Also see: Walter Duranty, and whole, long, long, long list of gullible Americans who have let dictators convince them there was Nothing To See, Here.

You support him.

I am not surprised.

To be fair, it's not like he's defended him like Tulsi Gabbard, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, et. al.

Yeah. I'm sure the Assad regime really led her to ground truth.

Also see: Walter Duranty, and whole, long, long, long list of gullible Americans who have let dictators convince them there was Nothing To See, Here.

That's absolutely true.

I don't argue that Assad is not a worthless, ruthless, POS...he certainly is. I just do not wish to commit American lives to deposing the asshole.

We should maintain our base in Iraq...in case anyone in the region "get's uppity"...like ISIS did, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom