• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tulsi Gabbard campaign in disarray

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
You don't pick a fight with Mazie Hirono. You just don't. Gabbard's staff were shocked that she decided to run, and she has the potential to lose everything if she continues with the campaign. Second one to bite the dust??? This all despite her flippy/Putin praising weird policy stances.

Tulsi Gabbard’s presidential campaign hasn’t officially launched yet but it’s already melting down.

Two-and-a-half weeks after the Hawaii Democrat told CNN she had decided to run for the White House—an announcement that even her own staff didn't know was coming, after weeks of debating the timing of the rollout—the 37-year-old congresswoman has struggled to contain the chaos.

That her campaign is imploding doesn't bother me. Dems already have several very acceptable candidates.

I think of Gabbard as a "white shirt."....You know, when you go to the store to buy one white shirt and there are literally a slew of them offered from different brands, in slightly varying styles and made using various yet not materially different cottons and button materials, and any one of them would be just fine. I just don't need that much choice because while I'm plenty discerning, I'm not that picky.

That her campaign is imploding doesn't bother me. Dems already have several very acceptable candidates.

I think of Gabbard as a "white shirt."....You know, when you go to the store to buy one white shirt and there are literally a slew of them offered from different brands, in slightly varying styles and made using various yet not materially different cottons and button materials, and any one of them would be just fine. I just don't need that much choice because while I'm plenty discerning, I'm not that picky.

"several very acceptable candidates."

Name 1

I think it's far too early in the process to say she even HAS a "campaign."

You don't pick a fight with Mazie Hirono. You just don't. Gabbard's staff were shocked that she decided to run, and she has the potential to lose everything if she continues with the campaign. Second one to bite the dust??? This all despite her flippy/Putin praising weird policy stances.

This D pack this time might be the best clown car of candidates ever.

Once Trump did it damn near everyone decided that they are Presidential material.

That worked so well in 2016

That also wasn't the qualifier, and Trump hadn't already shown what a disaster he'd be. Nice try.

I get the feeling sometimes that you really don't know what you're talking about.

That also wasn't the qualifier, and Trump hadn't already shown what a disaster he'd be. Nice try.

I get the feeling sometimes that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Trump's approval ratings are higher than Reagan when he was up for re-election.

No way Trump losses.

Tulsi Gabbard rebuked the senator from Hawaii and Kamala Harris for their anti-religious bias. Tulsi was right, but democrats now hate her for having the nerve to rebuke one of their own protected exalted leaders with the truth like that.

No way Trump losses.
The guy is a trainwreck and 57% of the voting public sees it so clearly, they've stated in several polls they will "definitely" not vote for him.

That's assuming the douche even runs, which I seriously doubt.

The guy is a trainwreck and 57% of the voting public sees it so clearly, they've stated in several polls they will "definitely" not vote for him.

That's assuming the douche even runs, which I seriously doubt.

If you think Trump is going to lose states like Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, etc... you are DREAMING!

All the wackos can vote against Trump in the west coast...you don't have an advantage for winning landslides.

God bless the electoral college.

If you think Trump is going to lose states like Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, etc... you are DREAMING!

All the wackos can vote against Trump in the west coast...you don't have an advantage for winning landslides.

If you think Trump is going to ever a snowball's chance in hell of winning Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin again, you are out of your mind.

You can keep ignoring public surveys, but they were dead on for the midterms.

HUBRIS, which is going gangbusters in Seattle at the moment, but it wont last.

If you think Trump is going to ever a snowball's chance in hell of winning Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin again, you are out of your mind.

You can keep ignoring public surveys, but they were dead on for the midterms.

Didn't you predict Paul Ryan would lose his seat to a Democrat? Ya, didn't happen.

No way Trump losses.

No they're not. Why do you feel the need to just lie all the time?

I'm not sure how one looks at this and concludes that her campaign is in 'disarray', nevermind 'imploding'; that is pretty much the definition of hyperbole.

Yeah, the democrats have been splintering for a while now. Since Ocazio joined in and started threatening other democrats with being primaried. This on the other hand, might not of been that bad, though it is still surprising.

"several very acceptable candidates."

Name 1

Kamala Harris is acceptable. Julian Castro is acceptable. You don't have to feel that way, but then you didn't say that to you Gabbard is the candidate equivalent of a "white shirt." I did say that, and, frankly, it doesn't matter to me whether you concur or don't. If it makes you feel good to differ with me, fine, but it's not something I'm going to debate with you.

Gabbard had her news story - now it time to leave the presidential race and simply do the job she was elected to do.

Yeah, the democrats have been splintering for a while now. Since Ocazio joined in and started threatening other democrats with being primaried. This on the other hand, might not of been that bad, though it is still surprising.

I have been involved in Democratic Party politics since 1970 and I have never seen the party as united as it is today. Regardless of the personal views of different members on various issues - there is one very very strong belief that unites the party and that is to get rid of Trump as president.

If Republicans hope for a divided Democratic Party in 2020 - they have a surprise coming to them.

In World War II, the Allied Powers had the political opposites in the USA and the Soviet Union working together to defeat a common enemy. Republicans would do well to remember that one hated powerful enemy has the ability to unite those against them.

You can consolidate all this down to the reaction the other night at that book store in New York City when a member of the audience loudly told Starbucks billionaire Schultz that any effort he would make only helps elect Trump. Democrats are focused like a laser beam on Trump and they will not be divided - not matter how much Trumpkins hope and pray for it.

Last edited:
I have been involved in Democratic Party politics since 1970 and I have never seen the party as united as it is today. Regardless of the personal views of different members on various issues - there is one very very strong belief that unites the party and that is to get rid of Trump as president.

If Republicans hope for a divided Democratic Party in 2020 - they have a surprise coming to them.

In World War II, the Allied Powers had the political opposites in the USA and the Soviet Union working together to defeat a common enemy. Republicans would do well to remember that one hated powerful enemy has the ability to unite those against them.

You can consolidate all this down to the reaction the other night at that book store in New York City when a member of the audience loudly told Starbucks billionaire Schultz that any effort he would make only helps elect Trump. Democrats are focused like a laser beam on Trump and they will not be divided - not matter how much Trumpkins hope and pray for it.

Democrats - the party of the ruse and the lie and the fake. Of course the wicked house of democrat is united in its chaotic division.

democrt donkey division.jpg

Back
Top Bottom