• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker's opening was about Canada tonight

I think the bigger picture is that citizens are being held in detention, while migrants entering illegally, or "irregularly" as the costumed Canadian PM likes to say, can walk right in with covid and get transported or freely go, pretty much wherever they want.
I don't think Canadian citizens have any recourse. They have to submit to internment.

According to the law, anyone entering Canada must have proof of a negative Covid test taken 24 hours before entry. If they do not comply with the law they must quarantine in a designated hotel for up to 72 hours as they await the results of their test. Requiring a Covid test for entry into a country is not heavy handed, not in the least.
I need to clarify my post and it is too late to edit.

Everyone entering Canada must have a test upon arrival and quarantine for 14 days. Although the 14 day requirement is not new the test at the airport upon arrival and the three days in an government approved hotel is relatively new and was added in late February. After the three days and a negative result, you can finish your quarantine anywhere. Positive result, you must stay In the quarantine hotel.

As I said these are well documented rules and if you don't like them don't travel to Canada. I haven't checked other countries but I am perfectly OK with these laws given the worldwide situation. I am sure others don't then don't come it's a matter of choice. We have enough spread we don't need Covidiots bringing us more!

Everyone entering Canada must have a test upon arrival and quarantine for 14 days. Although the 14 day requirement is not new the test at the airport upon arrival and the three days in an government approved hotel was added in late February. After the three days and a negative result, you can finish your quarantine anywhere. Positive result you must stay in the quarantine hotel! As I said these are well documented rules and if you don't like them don't travel to Canada. I haven't checked other countries but I am perfectly OK with these laws given the worldwide situation. I am sure others don't then don't come it's a matter of choice.

Not to mention the large number of exceptions for the hotel stay. The hotel stay is looks to be only required by people who went on non essential travel, either business or pleasure. Essential business travel is excepted ( logistics, service technicians etc)

think the bigger picture is that citizens are being held in detention, while migrants entering illegally, or "irregularly" as the costumed Canadian PM likes to say, can walk right in with covid and get transported or freely go, pretty much wherever they want
Not in Canada they can't.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact you are required to have had a negative Covid test 24 hours before arriving in Canada by air. It is a well publicized requirement. If you arrive in Canada, by air, without having had the test you are quarantined in an hotel, at your expense, for up to 72 hours until your test results come back. We protect our borders ; )

No doubt Tucker will have his own special version.
And yet the right insists on telling us how they are the law abiding group and the left are terrorists.

I don't think there will be a link available until tomorrow. It just aired an hour ago. But, if you are interested and get Fox News, you can watch or record it tonight when it airs a second time.
Oh, maybe I'm wrong. I'm able to watch it at this link.
Tucker carlson is all the things his show describes as him being against. His lying pompous ass is nothing but groupthink from the right. Feed them shit and keep them in the dark like mushrooms.

, you won't like Tucker's version or hearing what the interviewed Canadians have to say
Those interviewed Canadians made it onto the show only because they support support Tucker's line of questioning. Remember, Fox considers his show as entertainment. The parts I see are entertaining, sadly.

Added: reads like a thread designed to bash Canada and Trudeau. (Seemingly using Biden's WH as part of the benchmark.)

Those interviewed Canadians made it onto the show only because they support support Tucker's line of questioning. Remember, Fox considers his show as entertainment. The parts I see are entertaining, sadly.
Probably Rebel Media supporters

That is worse than Newsmax

Other than a lack of manufacturing capacity, in an approved facility. Canada if i recall correctly has purchased enough vaccines to vaccinate 70 million people
Yeah, I get that. I imagine they'll finally get all those "purchases" someday after most of the rest of the world is vaccinated. In the meantime, Trudeau can just keep blaming others that he hasn't received his purchases in a timely fashion and keep putting his own citizens in a government mandated quarantine hotel if they dare to take a necessary business trip, let alone hope to take a trip for pleasure. As I mentioned, Trudeau and Canada's vaccine situation is infamous.

You would think so but evidently not. The Canadian who is a journalist when returning to Canada told he was being held up in a motel room which was nothing special but it was costing him personally a thousand dollars for three nights and he was responsible for all food for the next three days even though he tested negative.

My God... :cry:

If you want some insight into why Tucker is, well, Tucker, watch The Lady and the Dale series, his father is a key player and it is so easy to see that the apple does not falleth far from the tree.

According to the law, anyone entering Canada must have proof of a negative Covid test taken 24 hours before entry. If they do not comply with the law they must quarantine in a designated hotel for up to 72 hours as they await the results of their test. Requiring a Covid test for entry into a country is not heavy handed, not in the least.

Why do you keep indicating that only people who don't provide that initial test 24 hours before entry have to quarantine in the quarantine hotels? They can't even board the flight to head to Canada, without that test! Why do you keep ignoring the entire premise of the thread and Tucker's segment? People who have tested negative 24 hours before entry, still have to be tested again and have to be quarantined at a quarantine hotel, at their expense! Altogether, there are 3 negative tests required - the one you keep mentioning, another upon arrival along with a mandatory quarantine in a quarantine hotel, and a third after the longer quarantine then continues at home (following the quarantine hotel). It's not Tucker who is misleading sheep. It's you who is not understanding or pretending you don't.

From Afar, Jan 29, 2021:
"For those who are still legally allowed to travel to Canada, and for Canadians returning home from abroad, getting into Canada just got more complicated.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday announced that in addition to the preboarding negative COVID-19 test result and 14-day quarantine Canada already requires, the government will be introducing mandatory PCR testing at the airport followed by a three-day hotel quarantine for people entering the country.

“Travelers will then have to wait for up to three days at an approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense,” Trudeau said. “Those with negative test results will then be able to quarantine at home under significantly increased surveillance and enforcement.”

He estimated that the cost for the hotel stay, including a PCR test, security, food, and increased safety and security measures for hotel staff could be around $2,000 Canadian dollars (about US$1,500). "

From "Public Health Agency of Canada":
"For travellers arriving to Canada by air

As of February 22, 2021,
all air travellers, with some exceptions, will be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test when they arrive in Canada before exiting the airport, and another toward the end of their 14-day quarantine period. With limited exceptions, air travellers, will also be required to reserve prior to departure to Canada, a 3-night stay in a government-authorized hotel. Travellers will be required to stay at their reserved hotel for up to 3 nights, at their own cost, while they await the results of their arrival test.

Hotel booking information will be available online as of February 18, 2021. Travellers will need to book a hotel in the city in which they first arrive in Canada. If they receive a negative result on their arrival test, they will be able to take a connecting flight to their final destination. There will be a number of hotels to choose from near each of the four international airports accepting international flights, in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Costs of these hotel stays may vary slightly at each location. It is up to the traveller to choose where they wish to stay and book in advance of departure. The price will include costs associated with the room, food, cleaning, infection prevention and control measures, and security as well as transportation.

These new measures are in addition to existing mandatory pre-boarding and health requirements for air travellers."

You would think so but evidently not. The Canadian who is a journalist when returning to Canada told he was being held up in a motel room which was nothing special but it was costing him personally a thousand dollars for three nights and he was responsible for all food for the next three days even though he tested negative.

He knew the deal when he chose to travel outside Canada. A journalist, any idea for what media outlet? Can't help but wonder if he did this on purpose just for the "story".

Why do you keep ignoring the entire premise of the thread and Tucker's segment?
Because I think it is total BS and I am 100% supportive of this law.

Apparently lTucker misled the willing sheep yet again.

Ah Callen. I've now finished getting caught up with the thread and see you finally figured out the Canadian rules as of February. I love that this forum doesn't allow editing and deleting after a few minutes. Mistakes/lies/snark just stay put.

Yeah, I get that. I imagine they'll finally get all those "purchases" someday after most of the rest of the world is vaccinated. In the meantime, Trudeau can just keep blaming others that he hasn't received his purchases in a timely fashion and keep putting his own citizens in a government mandated quarantine hotel if they dare to take a necessary business trip, let alone hope to take a trip for pleasure. As I mentioned, Trudeau and Canada's vaccine situation is infamous.

Do you suggest he send in the military to secure the purchased vaccines that have not been delivered?

I don't think there will be a link available until tomorrow. It just aired an hour ago. But, if you are interested and get Fox News, you can watch or record it tonight when it airs a second time.
Oh, maybe I'm wrong. I'm able to watch it at this link.
That blurb is one of the most ironic things I've ever read.

Tucker's show airs later tonight, again. Canada, you were Tucker's topic tonight - required quarantine hotels. It was eye opening, just as Tucker's openings often are.

What is this thread about?

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact you are required to have had a negative Covid test 24 hours before arriving in Canada by air. It is a well publicized requirement. If you arrive in Canada, by air, without having had the test you are quarantined in an hotel, at your expense, for up to 72 hours until your test results come back. We protect our borders ; )

Awesome. We should follow Canada in this too.

Your version of it certainly differs from the version Tucker and the interviewed Canadians presented - as well as the source below. The Canadians discussed the cost and conditions at these government mandated hotels. It appears it's you who has your own "special version";)

"On Feb. 22, the federal government implemented additional measures for travellers. Those arriving by air are now required to take a PCR test before their flight, and another once they land in Canada.

Those travellers then must stay at a government-approved quarantine hotel for three days while they await their results — all at their own expense."

Air travel to Canada drops a month after feds implement COVID-19 quarantine hotels - National | Globalnews.ca
its almost like we are in a pandemic or something.

Why should the citizens of Ca. be mandated to stay in a government approved facility at their expense?
because they were stupid enough to travel in a pandemic

because they were stupid enough to travel in a pandemic
........and they knew, or should have known, what the consequences would be.

Tucker's show airs later tonight, again. Canada, you were Tucker's topic tonight - required quarantine hotels. It was eye opening, just as Tucker's openings often are.

I stayed home during the pandemic, these laws didn't affect me.

It's a Trudeau issue. He blew it big time! Nobody stopped Canada from creating and manufacturing their own vaccines or from forming the right partnerships and choosing/making the right investments very early on. He blew it with CanSino, he dragged his feet after that and he put Canada at the end of the line instead of at or near the front of the line. It's almost as if he felt other countries would just step up and take care of Canada like a parent takes care of a helpless child.
Not unlike a person in the U.S. who just placed themselves on some vaccine list and then sat back and waited to be called. Other people checked out all sorts of websites on a regular basis and managed to get a vaccine in the first week of their age eligibility. But now, MANY a state has vaccines open to all ages and even the 20, 30, and 40 year old general public in the U.S. are getting their first vaccine. Also, in the U.S., the second dose is administered 3 weeks after the first (for Pfizer) and 4 weeks after the first (for Moderna), per the "ideal" recommendation. No stretching out the timeframe between doses because of huge shortages.
Ah I would not say nobody. In fact, the last few Prime Ministers had cut all our national manufacturing facilities, including those that make PPE. The good news is that this pandemic has awakened the government, and, as soon as it hit, Trudeau threw money towards building a new national facility. It will be opened soon -- in almost record time. I am sure you happy and relieved Canadians will be self-sufficient now when the next pandemic hits.

Why--all of a sudden--Tucker gives two flying ****s about Canada? Are you that gullible to think he actually cares????

Back
Top Bottom