• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker's opening was about Canada tonight

It seems Callen post is very close to what you posted, the only difference I can see is that the testing when in Canada is required no matter if you had one before coming to Canada, and the stay at a hotel for three days
Oh really? In her version, if someone tests negative 24 hours before arriving in Canada, they're good. According to her description, if they don't have that test, upon arrival in Canada they have to be tested and quarantined in a quarantine hotel until the negative test comes back. Since it appears people aren't allowed to board a plane to Canada without producing that 24 hour "before" negative test, this description didn't even make sense.
It appears the actual rule is a negative test is required before boarding a plane to Canada, then a second test is done upon arrival. The person is then required to pay to stay in a quarantine hotel until the result of the second test is complete. So, a negative test to board a plane to go to Canada. Then a second test upon arrival with a mandatory quarantine awaiting test #2 results.
BIG difference and hardly "very close". In her scenario, no 2nd test and no quarantine. In the actual scenario, a mandatory 2nd test and a mandatory quarantine at a quarantine hotel at the expense of the traveler.

It's his, "did I just pee myself?" face. :unsure:

Can you imagine trying to have a conversation with him and with everything you say you think okay, does he not understand a word I'm saying?

No doubt Tucker will have his own special version.
Yeah, you won't like Tucker's version or hearing what the interviewed Canadians have to say. Don't watch as it will go against the made up version you seem to want to believe and it sheds a really bad light on Canadian government's ever growing heavy handedness!!!! But, then again, some Canadians think personal choice is too complicated and like to be told what to do and what they can and can't do. I guess being controlled is like a security blanket for some.

Then they should not have been traveling in the first place
You bet and that's right. What were they thinking? Don't they know the RULES!!!! All unreasonable and heavy handed rules are to be followed by sheep.

Yeah, you won't like Tucker's version or hearing what the interviewed Canadians have to say. Don't watch as it will go against the made up version you seem to want to believe and it sheds a really bad light on Canadian government's ever growing heavy handedness!!!! But, then again, some Canadians think personal choice is too complicated and like to be told what to do and what they can and can't do. I guess being controlled is like a security blanket for some.
They can stay where they are or make the choice to travel back and stay at a hotel for a few days. Freedom of choice

You bet and that's right. What were they thinking? Don't they know the RULES!!!! All unreasonable and heavy handed rules are to be followed by sheep.
If you don't have money to stay at a hotel for a few days, you really should not be traveling in the first place

Then why are they out traveling? Won't cost them anything to stay home.

Travelers aren't supposed to be out traveling for essential business? Since when?
Canada needs to make up its mind.

Travelers aren't supposed to be out traveling for essential business? Since when?

There are exceptions especially in logistics. Truckers don't follow those rules, temporary foreign workers can travel directly to where they are going for the quarantine period

Lol, this topic sure struck an uncomfortable cord. All many could do was quickly deflect to Tucker's facial expressions. Mandatory quarantine hotels at the expense of the citizen - no problem there folks!

You know, this isn't about just running across town from one city to the next. Canada has every right to make their own conditions for anyone entering their country. If you're traveling there, know the regulations, if you're traveling back home them same thing. If people can't do that then oh well, you can bet they'll learn from experience.

temporary foreign workers can travel directly to where they are going for the quarantine period
Oh my, of course. Sort of like illegal border crossers can get in person school in San Diego but American children can't.

Do you think anyone traveling for business is too stupid to remember hey, there's a pandemic still going. They can't check what regulations there are for the country they plan to travel to.

Oh my, of course. Sort of like illegal border crossers can get in person school in San Diego but American children can't.
They still have to quarantine for 14 days when they get to where they are going.

The kids in Calgary have been back in school as of September 2020. I believe the vast majority of Canadian kids have gone back to school. One of the benefits of having competent people in government setting policy

Tucker's show airs later tonight, again. Canada, you were Tucker's topic tonight - required quarantine hotels. It was eye opening, just as Tucker's openings often are.
Beats discussing attending sex parties with Matt Gaetz.

They still have to quarantine for 14 days when they get to where they are going.

The kids in Calgary have been back in school as of September 2020. I believe the vast majority of Canadian kids have gone back to school. One of the benefits of having competent people in government setting policy
If Canadian kids have been in person at school since September, I would completely agree a competent person is setting that particular policy. That's fantastic and that's what should have happened in the U.S., long ago. I have grandchildren in a variety of schools. On Monday, one of them spent their first day in a year with all their classmates in school at the same time on the same day.
Clearly, that's NOT the same person who handled figuring out a vaccine or vaccine plan. Canada is quickly becoming infamous for their vaccine situation.

If Canadian kids have been in person at school since September, I would completely agree a competent person is setting that particular policy. That's fantastic and that's what should have happened in the U.S., long ago. I have grandchildren in a variety of schools. On Monday, one of them spent their first day in a year with all their classmates in school at the same time on the same day.
Clearly, that's NOT the same person who handled figuring out a vaccine or vaccine plan. Canada is quickly becoming infamous for their vaccine situation.
The vaccine issue is of a supply nature, not distribution. The companies are not living up to their contractual obligations regarding supply

The vaccine issue is of a supply nature, not distribution. The companies are not living up to their contractual obligations regarding supply
It's a Trudeau issue. He blew it big time! Nobody stopped Canada from creating and manufacturing their own vaccines or from forming the right partnerships and choosing/making the right investments very early on. He blew it with CanSino, he dragged his feet after that and he put Canada at the end of the line instead of at or near the front of the line. It's almost as if he felt other countries would just step up and take care of Canada like a parent takes care of a helpless child.
Not unlike a person in the U.S. who just placed themselves on some vaccine list and then sat back and waited to be called. Other people checked out all sorts of websites on a regular basis and managed to get a vaccine in the first week of their age eligibility. But now, MANY a state has vaccines open to all ages and even the 20, 30, and 40 year old general public in the U.S. are getting their first vaccine. Also, in the U.S., the second dose is administered 3 weeks after the first (for Pfizer) and 4 weeks after the first (for Moderna), per the "ideal" recommendation. No stretching out the timeframe between doses because of huge shortages.

It's a Trudeau issue. He blew it big time! Nobody stopped Canada from creating and manufacturing their own vaccines or from forming the right partnerships and choosing/making the right investments very early on. He blew it with CanSino, he dragged his feet after that and he put Canada at the end of the line instead of at or near the front of the line. It's almost as if he felt other countries would just step up and take care of Canada like a parent takes care of a helpless child.
Not unlike a person in the U.S. who just placed themselves on some vaccine list and then sat back and waited to be called. Other people checked out all sorts of websites on a regular basis and managed to get a vaccine in the first week of their age eligibility. But now, MANY a state has vaccines open to all ages and even the 20, 30, and 40 year old general public in the U.S. are getting their first vaccine. Also, in the U.S., the second dose is administered 3 weeks after the first (for Pfizer) and 4 weeks after the first (for Moderna), per the "ideal" recommendation. No stretching out the timeframe between doses because of huge shortages.
Other than a lack of manufacturing capacity, in an approved facility. Canada if i recall correctly has purchased enough vaccines to vaccinate 70 million people

Tucker's show airs later tonight, again. Canada, you were Tucker's topic tonight - required quarantine hotels. It was eye opening, just as Tucker's openings often are.
This was a lazy op where you provided no description of the topic, no opinion of your own, and nothing for anyone to discuss.. Do better in the future. This is even worse than the people who just share every blog they read, you couldn't even do that.

If it's government approved, the government should be paying for it.
You would think so but evidently not. The Canadian who is a journalist when returning to Canada told he was being held up in a motel room which was nothing special but it was costing him personally a thousand dollars for three nights and he was responsible for all food for the next three days even though he tested negative.

, then again, some Canadians think personal choice is too complicated and like to be told what to do and what they can and can't do

Apparently lTucker misled the willing sheep yet again.

According to the law, anyone entering Canada must have proof of a negative Covid test taken 24 hours before entry. If they do not comply with the law they must quarantine in a designated hotel for up to 72 hours as they await the results of their test. Requiring a Covid test for entry into a country is not heavy handed, not in the least.

Personal choice is not complicated it is very simple.
if you choose to break the law the consequence is mandatory quarantine until your test is done. It's very simple, abide by the law, get your test and there is no issue.

There is no travel restriction on flying for essential matters.

I have no problem with this whatsoever, none at all. The entry requirements are well published. Canada is not the only country requiring tests for entry and I I think it is a matter of common sense as these variants continue to present themselves.

Other than a lack of manufacturing capacity, in an approved facility. Canada if i recall correctly has purchased enough vaccines to vaccinate 70 million people
That is correct Lord T. It was a manufacturing issue that originally caused the delay then I think there were some issues with the EU stopping export. Contrary to what Gbg3 posted, Trudeau did not drag his feet, he ordered the drugs from Pfizer and Moderna August 3rd or 4th, just two weeks after Trump did. Also contrary to what GBG3 posted, Trudeau approached ALL the drug companies involved about manufacturing here in Canada they declined.

I am no fan of Trudeau, some things he did well, somethings not so well. I couldn't care less when he is critized based on facts but in the case of this particular poster, it is not about the facts. Her critisism is based on a personal dislike of me and a deep resentment that I comment on American politics. It goes back a long way. I will leave it at that because I refuse to be dragged into a personal squabble that districts and disrupts the forum.

Back
Top Bottom