• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker's opening was about Canada tonight

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Tucker's show airs later tonight, again. Canada, you were Tucker's topic tonight - required quarantine hotels. It was eye opening, just as Tucker's openings often are.

I don't think there will be a link available until tomorrow. It just aired an hour ago. But, if you are interested and get Fox News, you can watch or record it tonight when it airs a second time.
Oh, maybe I'm wrong. I'm able to watch it at this link.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact you are required to have had a negative Covid test 24 hours before arriving in Canada by air. It is a well publicized requirement. If you arrive in Canada, by air, without having had the test you are quarantined in an hotel, at your expense, for up to 72 hours until your test results come back. We protect our borders ; )

No doubt Tucker will have his own special version.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact you are required to have had a negative Covid test before being allowed into Canada by air. It is a well publicized requirement. If you arrive in Canada, by air, without having had the test you are quarantined in an hotel, at your expense, for up to 72 hours until your test results come back. We protect our borders ; )

Tyranny.

did he make that painfully confused face like he just sat on a cactus?

It's his, "did I just pee myself?" face. :unsure:

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact you are required to have had a negative Covid test 24 hours before arriving in Canada by air. It is a well publicized requirement. If you arrive in Canada, by air, without having had the test you are quarantined in an hotel, at your expense, for up to 72 hours until your test results come back. We protect our borders ; )

Your version of it certainly differs from the version Tucker and the interviewed Canadians presented - as well as the source below. The Canadians discussed the cost and conditions at these government mandated hotels. It appears it's you who has your own "special version";)

"On Feb. 22, the federal government implemented additional measures for travellers. Those arriving by air are now required to take a PCR test before their flight, and another once they land in Canada.

Those travellers then must stay at a government-approved quarantine hotel for three days while they await their results — all at their own expense."

Air travel to Canada drops a month after feds implement COVID-19 quarantine hotels - National | Globalnews.ca

Your version of it certainly differs from the version Tucker and the interviewed Canadians presented - as well as the source below. The Canadians discussed the cost and conditions at these government mandated hotels. It appears it's you who has your own "special version";)

"On Feb. 22, the federal government implemented additional measures for travellers. Those arriving by air are now required to take a PCR test before their flight, and another once they land in Canada.

Those travellers then must stay at a government-approved quarantine hotel for three days while they await their results — all at their own expense."

Air travel to Canada drops a month after feds implement COVID-19 quarantine hotels - National | Globalnews.ca

It seems Callen post is very close to what you posted, the only difference I can see is that the testing when in Canada is required no matter if you had one before coming to Canada, and the stay at a hotel for three days

Those travelers then must stay at a government-approved quarantine hotel for three days while they await their results — all at their own expense."

If it's government approved, the government should be paying for it.

Surely one of DP’s Canadians will explain

Hard hitting US issue.

It’s s stupid law. But hey, it is Canada

I don't think there will be a link available until tomorrow. It just aired an hour ago. But, if you are interested and get Fox News, you can watch or record it tonight when it airs a second time.
Oh, maybe I'm wrong. I'm able to watch it at this link.
You know Fox news' own lawyers say that no reasonable person would take anything Tucker says as fact right?

"US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

"This 'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary,'" the ruling said.

You know Fox news' own lawyers say that no reasonable person would take anything Tucker says as fact right?

"US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

"This 'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary,'" the ruling said.
Not sure what happened there.

Don't travel during a pandemic!

It’s true. Ignore naysayers. He had live guest under the quarantine in the 2K mandatory crap holes. Doors have no locks and rapes have been reported

If they don't want to spend the money they can stay where they are

What if they don't have the money to spend for a mandated government approved lockup?

Back
Top Bottom