• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson turn anti-Trump

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Another FOX personality has apparently turned against Trump. This time its Tucker Carlson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...asn’t-kept-his-promises/ar-BBQB8Vd?li=BBnb7Kx

Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson set straight any misinformation concerning his views on President Trump: “I don’t think he’s capable,” he said during an interview on Tuesday.
Urs Gehriger, an editor at “Die Weltwoche,” Switzerland’s leading German-language opinion weekly, noted that Carlson’s new book, “Ship of Fools,” is silent on Trump but comments on his critics. And so, Gehriger jump-started the conversation by asking what Carlson thought of Trump’s first two years in office.
Carlson said he cannot stand Trump’s self-aggrandizement and boasting. Then, when asked whether Trump has kept his promises, the usually quick-witted and long-winded Carlson had just one word: “No.”

That swirl you hear is Trump as he proceeds down the drain.

Another FOX personality has apparently turned against Trump. This time its Tucker Carlson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...asn’t-kept-his-promises/ar-BBQB8Vd?li=BBnb7Kx

That swirl you hear is Trump as he proceeds down the drain.

If memory serves, Carlson has always had his own views on Trump and far be it from me, or day I say anyone else to pull fruit from even his own opinion. The same views Carlson possesses are some of the same that many Trump supporters have, though he has our support still simply because his term is only half over.

It's still good to know that Carlson is just as outspoken about his stance, as he was before. It's exactly one of the reasons I started watching the man and will most likely remain as such for a long time now.

I would not consider this more than just a one time thing. Tucker will be full blown Trumpster before...well, he probably already is.

If memory serves, Carlson has always had his own views on Trump and far be it from me, or day I say anyone else to pull fruit from even his own opinion. The same views Carlson possesses are some of the same that many Trump supporters have, though he has our support still simply because his term is only half over.

It's still good to know that Carlson is just as outspoken about his stance, as he was before. It's exactly one of the reasons I started watching the man and will most likely remain as such for a long time now.

Pronouncing Trump as not capable to perform the job is horribly damning no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

As long as he maintains his hateful anti-immigration stances, the Right just will not care and say he is allowed to think that way b/c their hateful anti-immgration viewpoints align with his.

I agree that the racist, xenophobic sexist deplorable will never abandon Trump because they see him as one of their own. However, principled conservatives are leaving him - and many the party also.

Steve Schmidt
Nicole Wallace
Joe Scarborough
David Frum
George Will
Michael Steele
David Jolly
Jennifer Rubin
Richard Painter

its growing by the week.

Last edited:
Carlson may not be a big Trump fan, but he’s still a smarmy little prick.

I agree that the racist, xenophobic sexist deplorable will never abandon Trump because they see him as one of their own. However, principled conservatives are leaving him - and many the party also.

Steve Schmidt
Nicole Wallace
Joe Scarborough
David Frum
George Will
Michael Steele
David Jolly
Jennifer Rubin
Richard Painter

its growing by the week.

You forgot to list me.

Pronouncing Trump as not capable to perform the job is horribly damning no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

There is no need to sugarcoat it, it's his opinion and I'm happy enough that he is willing to share it. It pretty much destroys the stereotype, that the left likes to paint of those working at FOX.

There is no need to sugarcoat it, it's his opinion and I'm happy enough that he is willing to share it. It pretty much destroys the stereotype, that the left likes to paint of those working at FOX.

Because everyone else at FOX has turned against Trump?

Right. :doh:roll:;)

Steve Schmidt
Nicole Wallace
Joe Scarborough
David Frum
George Will
Michael Steele
David Jolly
Jennifer Rubin
Richard Painter

its growing by the week.

Don't you just love Painter's "I've been a Republican for over 'thuttty' years....":cool:

Tucker has always been more evenly keeled than Sean Hannity....who goes through his Trump knee-pads on a monthly basis.

Hannity and Carson are not of the same class, Hannity is a where is he is because he is a Hustler.....Carslon was born into privilege, he his where he is by birth right.

I agree with Tucker Carlson. We didn't support Trump in order to receive tax cuts and prison reform, which appear to be his only major accomplishments in 2 years. Trump seems to have abandoned his base, in favor of trying to please Bush era neocons, and those who have never voted Republican in the first place (prison reformers).

Those who think Carlson has had some great liberal epiphany, whereby he's distancing himself from Trump due to a political change of heart, are not very in tune with what is actually happening. Globalist cons like Ben Shapiro are now very supportive of Trump, while populist conservatives like Tucker are questioning what the hell Trump is doing. If Trump continues trying to please those of Shapiro's mindset, he can kiss 2020 goodbye.

Hannity and Carson are not of the same class, Hannity is a where is he is because he is a Hustler.....Carslon was born into privilege, he his where he is by birth right.

No, he's where he is because fellow rags to riches commentator Bill O'Reilly was fired for being a perv. Tucker has actually stayed true to the conservative populist ideas that Trump ran on, while Trump has wandered off away from the plot.

Secondly, Tucker actually appears to care more about average working folks than Hannity does, as Hannity was exposed by the Cohen scandal as being a secret real estate vulture who evicted military vets who were down on their luck. That was when I drew a line in the sand and stopped supporting him.

Tucker may be from privilege, while Hannity isn't, but Hannity is the one playing greedy fat cat, while Tucker has proven himself to be a decent man by not gobbling up dollars at the expense of the working class just because he can.

Not turned against, but not completely with him either.

FOX is still with Trump a whole lot more than CNN or MSNBC. That is beyond dispute to anyone who watches their morning show as well as most of their evening programming.

FOX is still with Trump a whole lot more than CNN or MSNBC. That is beyond dispute to anyone who watches their morning show as well as most of their evening programming.

The point being?
Those three networks are far more opinion pieces now and even Fox has their own members that stay further left than the others of their group. I doubt CNN and MSNBC actually have a republican on their staff, oh isn't willing to speak out, for the fear of being fired.

Steve Schmidt
Nicole Wallace
Joe Scarborough
David Frum
George Will
Michael Steele
David Jolly
Jennifer Rubin
Richard Painter

its growing by the week.

You left out Ana Navarro. She has been very outspoken about trump. I am sure she will be happy if Pence was President.

The point being?
Those three networks are far more opinion pieces now and even Fox has their own members that stay further left than the others of their group. I doubt CNN and MSNBC actually have a republican on their staff, oh isn't willing to speak out, for the fear of being fired.

Joe Scarborough is a republican. Oh wait - I think he quit the party when trump publically called his wife a *******. Now THAT is what a true gentleman should do;- stand up for their wives / partners. Unlike Ted Cruz who has now THANKED trump for calling his wife fat and ugly.

Joe Scarborough is a republican. Oh wait - I think he quit the party when trump publically called his wife a *******. Now THAT is what a true gentleman should do;- stand up for their wives / partners. Unlike Ted Cruz who has now THANKED trump for calling his wife fat and ugly.

Ted was desperate due to the strong campaign by Beto. I wonder how his wife is taking Ted's groveling to Trump?

Back
Top Bottom