• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson: stop demographic shift or return to "broke, dirty, and dangerous" cities 50 yrs ago

Re: Tucker Carlson: stop demographic shift or return to "broke, dirty, and dangerous" cities 50 yrs

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status...io/iframe/twitter.min.html1292978125584969728

Tucker gearing up for that 2024 presidential run, looking to be the next "Trump".

Race baiting piece of trash.

That he is :(

Carlson: “Our biggest cities will revert to what they were 50 years ago. Broke, dirty, and dangerous. On the bright side, we will have resolved the gentrification problem”

Re: Tucker Carlson: stop demographic shift or return to "broke, dirty, and dangerous" cities 50 yrs

Do you know any of the context of this? Did you even check?

Do you know that he didn't mean moving low income Americans OUT of the inner cities?

You should read further.

You should read further.

I just found more of the transcript.

He's discussing how, if mayors don't do something about crime in inner cities, people will flee the cities.

He's making a case that we need to step in and help.

The Daily Beast ran this story. Tucker needs to start suing for slander.

I'm not attacking your OP BTW. This got slanted by the left media.

Last edited:

He's discussing how, if mayors don't do something about crime in inner cities, people will flee the cities.

lol, ok.

Lol is that sarcastic?

Purposely clipping Tucker out of context, which you all have apparently been doing for years, is fraudulent.

He was discussing how mayors were not taking care of their cities, which many aren't, and that if the mayors don't get their acts together, people will leave.

Lol this wasn't some kind of warning for people in the suburbs, if that's what you're implying.

And if you want to consistently harass people and joke around that they're racist, because they're white and have brown hair, and you don't like that, it is not cool.

Last edited:

Lol is that sarcastic?

Purposely clipping Tucker out of context, which you all have apparently been doing for years, is fraudulent.

He was discussing how mayors were not taking care of their cities, which many aren't, and that if the mayors don't get their acts together, people will leave.

Lol this wasn't some kind of warning for people in the suburbs, if that's what you're implying.

He was race baiting, and as usual you people have to do everything in your power to try and tell us what he "really meant". As you do with regards to Trump

He was race baiting

Absolutely not.

And I don't even know where you came up with this term.

Try actually watching the show on a regular basis. And then you'll be in a position to make moral judgments about others.

Absolutely not.

And I don't even know where you came up with this term.

Try actually watching the show on a regular basis. And then you'll be in a position to make moral judgments about others.

I have watched him plenty of times actually.

I have watched him plenty of times actually.

For real, what exactly are you accusing him of doing?

He's been talking about this subject nearly every day. Mayors need to pay more attention to their own citizens, or the citizens are going to leave.

For real, what exactly are you accusing him of doing?

He's been talking about this subject nearly every day. Mayors need to pay more attention to their own citizens, or the citizens are going to leave.

Tucker's shtick is the same shtick Hannity uses, Limbaugh uses, and President Trump uses.

And he's more dangerous, because he's easily smarter than those 3 combined.

Crime in inner cities is driven by the drug trade. Mayors are in the position of having to deal with the consequences of a federal ****-up any way they can. How the hell is a mayor of any political stripe supposed to deal with the consequences of the drug trade? Hell, I bet nearly 50% of the policing budget of any large American city is already squandered on federal drug laws. More, maybe.
You guys don't think anything through. You just go with whatever words make you feel good.

Tucker's shtick is the same shtick Hannity uses, Limbaugh uses, and President Trump uses.

And he's more dangerous, because he's easily smarter than those 3 combined.

Well lol, I hope you're joking about this, because I watch Tucker and Hannity all the time, and admire both of them. And not either one has a racist bone in his body. And BTW they both constantly have black and Hispanic guests on. ;)

Well lol, I hope you're joking about this, because I watch Tucker and Hannity all the time, and admire both of them. And not either one has a racist bone in his body. And BTW they both constantly have black and Hispanic guests on. ;)

I don't doubt this for a second, believe me.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status...io/iframe/twitter.min.html1292978125584969728

Tucker gearing up for that 2024 presidential run, looking to be the next "Trump".

Race baiting piece of trash.

Wait one minute, isn't going back 50 years exactly what he wants? You know, the good old bad days when you could freely call a black man the n-word and call mexicans/jews anything under the sun? He should feel right at home in the world of 50 years ago.

The failure to give people in the cities (read black people I guess in Tucker world) livable wages and proper housing was the cause of it not being that great in cities 50 years ago and if it were up to Tucker civil and human rights as well as constitutional rights would be stripped from all those who he feels are "infecting" cities.

He was race baiting, and as usual you people have to do everything in your power to try and tell us what he "really meant". As you do with regards to Trump

That is a bunch of BS... You are perpetuating a lie, but I'll bet the farm that you don't give a damn as long as it props up your warped ideology.

Here's the truth:

Tucker in full context

You people are beyond pathetic.

I think someone is triggered because his hero was criticized.

That is a bunch of BS... You are perpetuating a lie, but I'll bet the farm that you don't give a damn as long as it props up your warped ideology.

Here's the truth:

Tucker in full context

You people are beyond pathetic.

So basically he's saying round up the dissenters and get ridvof them . Yeah, that's way better :roll:

He's pushing his own narrative and he hopes it will win Trump the election. Federal control of all major cities - it's what the GOP has wanted all along. "We can't trust these people to vote" is the narrative. Guess who "those people" are. Authoritatianism is coming and you're cheering for it.

Last edited:

Crime in inner cities is driven by the drug trade. Mayors are in the position of having to deal with the consequences of a federal ****-up any way they can. How the hell is a mayor of any political stripe supposed to deal with the consequences of the drug trade?

Hell, I bet nearly 50% of the policing budget of any large American city is already squandered on federal drug laws. More, maybe

Local governments do not enforce federal drug laws, and smash & grab looting is not connected to the drug trade.

Tucker Carlson's motivations are as dubious as they come, but he is right in this case even with some of his other comments on this.

We get repeating examples from Detroit, Memphis, St. Louis, Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. where there is the sort of violence that Carlson is talking about that has a cascading impact to social and economic climate in key areas of these cities. We look at overall statistics and they get skewed by population density but that does not lessen the impact of these areas that are on the decline where crime is anything but going away.

On a long enough timeline that does degrade to the point that there is not enough incentive, or even force, to clean things up and look to economic improvement.

The event sparking Carlson's statement shows how far people can go and literally get away with criminal behavior despite whatever the Chicago Mayor or Police Superintendent says, and worse there is not a weekend that goes by without some double digit victim shooting some so brazen as shootings at people coming out of a funeral.

Now the right is just as guilty in making this a political issue as the left is in ignoring it, media fueled or ignored depending on their leans.

But, again that timeline issue. We have enough time go by without any real interest in doing something about this we will have more areas of the nation look like abandoned Detroit or Cleveland where not even public services cares enough to go in... for any reason.

That is demographic shifting, amplified by economic shifting, that causes cities to become broke, conditions to become more dangerous, and more area that looks like...

detroit-a.jpg

or look like...

chicago-a.jpg

Tucker Carlson's motivations are as dubious as they come, but he is right in this case even with some of his other comments on this.

We get repeating examples from Detroit, Memphis, St. Louis, Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. where there is the sort of violence that Carlson is talking about that has a cascading impact to social and economic climate in key areas of these cities. We look at overall statistics and they get skewed by population density but that does not lessen the impact of these areas that are on the decline where crime is anything but going away.

On a long enough timeline that does degrade to the point that there is not enough incentive, or even force, to clean things up and look to economic improvement.

The event sparking Carlson's statement shows how far people can go and literally get away with criminal behavior despite whatever the Chicago Mayor or Police Superintendent says, and worse there is not a weekend that goes by without some double digit victim shooting some so brazen as shootings at people coming out of a funeral.

Now the right is just as guilty in making this a political issue as the left is in ignoring it, media fueled or ignored depending on their leans.

But, again that timeline issue. We have enough time go by without any real interest in doing something about this we will have more areas of the nation look like abandoned Detroit or Cleveland where not even public services cares enough to go in... for any reason.

That is demographic shifting, amplified by economic shifting, that causes cities to become broke, conditions to become more dangerous, and more area that looks like...

This senior citizen goes to bed too early to ever watch Mr. Carlson.

I have read, however, that he has the guts to say what most people are afraid to say.

The post that I have quoted was very thoughtful and informative.

Personally, I feel that the future of this country is very grim.

I hope that I am wrong.

I wish the best of luck to younger people who continue to live in this country. (I am 83.)

So when we try to figure out when America was great (for MAGA purposes), it wasn't 50 years ago.

View attachment 67290990

or look like...

View attachment 67290991

A few things.

1. 50 years ago there were a lot more whites in cities than today. So I am not sure what Tucker is getting at there. It is true that violent crime rates in most cities were much higher then, but they also did have a lot more white people in them.

2. I do agree with Tucker Carlson that if higher rates of violent crime is perceived, then people will leave those areas if they can and that everyone, left or right, needs to be cognizant of that.

3. Where I disagree with him is that he either doesn't understand, or he chooses to ignore that violent crime is concentrated in areas of concentrated poverty, and that 8 out of 10 people in concentrated poverty is either black or latino. That's not an accident, but rather the result of decades of institutional racism.

Back
Top Bottom