• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson Sent Insulting E-mails To Philadelphia Columnist While Posing As Keith

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
What a complete asshole this guy is.

After MSNBC host Keith Olbermann was briefly suspended for making campaign donations to three Democrats, Philadelphia Daily News Stu Bykofsky columnist wrote a piece about the controversy. Bykofsky sought comment from Olbermann, e-mailing the address keith@keitholbermann.com. Shortly after publishing his column, he receieved a reply. The e-mail, claming to be from Olbermann, insulted Bykofsky, calling him “pathetic” and “beneath contempt.” It went on to insult MSNBC chief Phil Griffin, saying that he isn’t “intellectually qualified” to be Olbermann’s boss. Here is the reply in its entirety:

Re: Tucker Carlson Sent Insulting E-mails To Philadelphia Columnist While Posing As K

And that just about wraps it up for Tucker Carlson.

Re: Tucker Carlson Sent Insulting E-mails To Philadelphia Columnist While Posing As K

Yes, and his Daily Caller as well, you can't take what they do seriously.

Yes, and his Daily Caller as well, you can't take what they do seriously.

This hardly repudiates everything on the site.

Hate to say it, but that's just hilarious. I love how the Philadelphia Daily News says it "escalated into a respectful argument" - lol, what?

Bykovsky to "Olberman":
Maybe honesty doesn’t come into play with a self-righteous wretch such as you...Being called a "hack" by a shameless faux journalist like you is a compliment...Hey! Tomorrow night, what will be your act – contrite or defiant? Or just scowling and loud?...Can be a "worst person," too? Please!...Name-calling from a self-energized, smug elitist who doesn’t realize his waste stinks doesn’t answer any of my questions, Keith...Go back into your silo surrounded by your sycophants, big boy. Buh-bye. Best wishes for excellence and honesty in journalism"

What's most hilarious is that nobody was able to distinguish over-the-top parody with the man himself.

On Tuesday night, Yahoo's Michael Calderone reached Carlson by phone. Carlson confirmed that he had, in fact, sent the emails posing as Olbermann.
:clap:

I would say at the very least it calls into question the validity of any and all claims made on the site without undeniable proof. It's like mediamatters. Sometimes they post stuff with video and all and you can pretty much make up your own mind as to what happened and if they are actually reporting the facts or twisting the truth. Without that video or audio transcripts then the reasonable default position to any of media matters claims is to believe that they are misrepresenting the truth or twisting facts.

I would say at the very least it calls into question the validity of any and all claims made on the site without undeniable proof. It's like mediamatters. Sometimes they post stuff with video and all and you can pretty much make up your own mind as to what happened and if they are actually reporting the facts or twisting the truth. Without that video or audio transcripts then the reasonable default position to any of media matters claims is to believe that they are misrepresenting the truth or twisting facts.

My point is, you can't simply take this and say "oh, it's on Daily Caller; it must not be true." Can't do that for Media Matters, either.

My point is, you can't simply take this and say "oh, it's on Daily Caller; it must not be true." Can't do that for Media Matters, either.

Agreed. But for both I don't think it's unreasonable to not accept their claims at face value. I think any conservative is being reasonable to turn down media matters as a credible source, unless they have unedited video or audio evidence of their claims, just like I think it's reasonable for any liberal to turn down the daily caller unless they have some kind of undeniable proof of something.

I would say at the very least it calls into question the validity of any and all claims made on the site without undeniable proof.
It calls into question the validity of "phawker.com" - and any other blogs claiming "All dialogue guaranteed 100% for real."

I suppose one could flip a coin. :2razz:

I suppose one could flip a coin. :2razz:

And one cannot help but point out that 95% of your information comes from Media Matters, so . . .

And one cannot help but point out that 95% of your information comes from Media Matters, so . . .

So what? They're very reliable:

Tucker Carlson hates Fox News colleague Bill O'Reilly and his "****" show | Media Matters for America

National punch line and Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson may have a feud with MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, but they do have one thing in common: a strong dislike for Carlson's Fox News colleague Bill O'Reilly.

Carlson, who joined Fox News in May 2009, has called O'Reilly a "thin-skinned blowhard" and a "humorless phony" who talks "about himself so goddamn much," and said of The O'Reilly Factor: "I don't know who would want to watch that ****. Do you?" Carlson has also criticized O'Reilly's Fox News colleagues for tolerating him, remarking that "Only masochists would go on his show--or watch it" and "network handlers" flatter O'Reilly's ego too much.

According to a Nexis search, Carlson does not appear to have been a guest on O'Reilly's program since joining Fox News.

As previously noted, Carlson - a noted hypocrite - repeatedly slammed Fox News before joining the network. In 2003, Salon.com asked him if he could see himself working for Fox News and Carlson replied: "It's hard to imagine. CNN has been really nice to me. Also, I like foreign travel. And I'm always struck that if you're in Gambia, as I was this summer, or if you're in Peshawar, they're not watching Fox News Channel, they're watching CNN. I know it sounds trite, but I love the fact that CNN is engaged with the world. CNN USA, our domestic network, doesn't carry a lot of foreign news. But it's a great organization."

Carlson has also reportedly called Fox News "a mean, sick group of people."
But Carlson has reserved some of his hardest jabs for O'Reilly. A sampling:
"Only masochists would go on his show--or watch it." From a February 12, 2001, Newsweek article:
The chattering classes dismiss O'Reilly as a fake, and they accuse Fox News of shilling for the political right. Tucker Carlson, the conservative, bow-tied talking head on CNN's "The Spin Room," declared, "Only masochists would go on his show--or watch it. I hate to say it because it sounds snobby, but I don't know anyone who's read his book."

So what? They're very reliable:

:rofl

Because they told you they are?

I hope Stu Bykofsky doesn't envision himself as a hard hitting reporter anytime in the future because he failed to fact check the most important fact of all - who he was talking to.

I hope Stu Bykofsky doesn't envision himself as a hard hitting reporter anytime in the future because he failed to fact check the most important fact of all - who he was talking to.

I wonder if he has ever gone to whitehouse.com instead of whitehouse.gov :ninja:

Why do you think this list contradicts what I said - that Media Matters is very reliable - nobody is perfect. The link to Mediaite was a valid one, but if you bothered to look, they noted that MM had corrected their oversight. The links to the wingnut sights are questionable.

No, they truly believe that anything that Fox News says is a lie, even if it is the truth. They believe that THEY are the only true source of truth.

No, they truly believe that anything that Fox News says is a lie, even if it is the truth. They believe that THEY are the only true source of truth.
So do you believe everything on FoxNews?

RELATED: In a continuing effort to combat identity theft, New York recently enacted an amendment to the Penal Law making it a crime to impersonate another person or pretend to be a public servant by means of online communication. Specifically, New York’s Internet impersonation law amends section 190.25 of the Penal Law by adding Subdivision 4, making it a crime to impersonate another person by electronic means, including through use of a website, with the intent to obtain a benefit or injure or defraud another person. It also prohibits using such electronic means to pretend to be a public servant in order to induce another person to submit to false authority or to act in reliance on that false pretense. Internet impersonation is a Class A misdemeanor and carries a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine and a one-year term of imprisonment for each violation or act of impersonation. The new law became effective on November 1, 2008...
Hmmm, so does this mean Tucker Carlson could get fined and/or go to jail for impersonating Keith Olberman?

As Keith Olbermann becomes more and more hated by those on the far right, his worth as a crusading soldier in the war for progressive advancement soars ever higher. This is great. There is nothing a True Believer hates more than a non-believer who exposes them for what they are. I sure wish all the right wingers would change their message board signatures to attack Olbermann. Its a badge of honor. Too bad they are not seen by too many other people.

Really?

A.K: No, they truly believe that anything that Fox News says is a lie, [false premise]

A.K: They believe that THEY are the only true source of truth.[false conclusion based on a false premise]

Me: So do you believe everything on FoxNews? [he admitted he believes FoxNews so the question was to find out if that is all HE believes.]

That is not a false dilemna and you saying it was just looks like your're presenting an ad hominem fallacy disguised as a red herring. So unless you address the thread topic, your next post will only stand to prove your reply was indeed an ad hominem red herring.

Back
Top Bottom