• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson says Trump is ‘not capable’ and hasn’t kept his promises

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...g-tucker-carlson-says/?utm_term=.e767108f12b4

“His chief promises were that he would build the wall, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things,” Carlson said, adding that those goals were probably lost causes. Trump, he said, doesn’t understand the system, and his own agencies don’t support him.

“He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things,” he added

God damn it! I find myself agreeing with Carlson. I need a shower.

As destructive as Trump has been, literally the only thing saving us from complete ruin is Trump's refusal to learn anything about our laws and Democratic institutions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...g-tucker-carlson-says/?utm_term=.e767108f12b4

Tucker tries to act like a smart guy...BUT why can't he understand that a great majority of this country does not want a wall, supports Planned Parenthood, and likes Obamacare?

I completely agree with Tucker on Trump's liabilities which are astronomical, but he isn't going to achieve any of those things because very few people want them to happen.

As destructive as Trump has been, literally the only thing saving us from complete ruin is Trump's refusal to learn anything about our laws and Democratic institutions.

Right, his sheer incompetence has been the only thing stopping the wingnut agenda.

Right, his sheer incompetence has been the only thing stopping the wingnut agenda.

To be fair, Trump has been absolutely competent at the kind of fraud and grifting that kept him out of prison for decades. But once he was in the White House, there was an entirely new set of rules, ones he refused to learn.

To be fair, Trump has been absolutely competent at the kind of fraud and grifting that kept him out of prison for decades. But once he was in the White House, there was an entirely new set of rules, ones he refused to learn.

I subscribe to the theory that winning the Presidency was Trump's worst nightmare.

Have we finally been pulled out of Opposite World and back into base universe?

Sorry, this isn't the part of the movie where the hyenas turn against Scar. Tucker hasn't turned against Trump because Trump is bad. He turned against Trump because Trump hasn't been bad enough.

Tucker pointed out that Trump cant do a lot of stuff because Congress and most of the Executive branch dont support him..which is right. A man can not be blamed for not doing what he cant do because others will not allow it. I have said so often when I point out after Nov 9 2016 and "NOT MY PRESIDENT!" aka the strike Trump was off the hook.

Sorry, this isn't the part of the movie where the hyenas turn against Scar. Tucker hasn't turned against Trump because Trump is bad. He turned against Trump because Trump hasn't been bad enough.

Tucker made it very clear from the jump that he is not of the populous movement:

Despite his natural suspicion of irresponsible elites, Carlson said he is not a populist, because populism is a reaction to a failed political system.

“Populism is what you get when your leaders fail. In a democracy, the population says this is terrible and they elect someone like Trump,” he said.

This, in turn, is the fruit of a misshapen, education-based meritocracy, where “a small number of colleges has produced a ruling class that doesn’t have the self-awareness that you need to be wise.”

A self-confessed product of this elite system, Carlson says that he began to realize how far the country had gone after the 2008 financial crisis, which was barely felt in affluent Washington D.C.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...n-says-trump-has-failed-to-keep-his-promises/

He was never with Trump.

Tucker tries to act like a smart guy...BUT why can't he understand that a great majority of this country does not want a wall, supports Planned Parenthood, and likes Obamacare?

I completely agree with Tucker on Trump's liabilities which are astronomical, but he isn't going to achieve any of those things because very few people want them to happen.

Good points. I don’t understand how even base Trump republicans would not be satisfied with the status quo with Planned Parenthood (things like the Hyde Amendment), heightened immigration enforcement without a dumb idea like the wall, and amending or accepting Obamacare, which after all was a compromise with the insurance industry absent even a public option, hardly liberals’ dream of Medicare for all. Tucker has to know that Trump would be seriously overplaying his hand, and could fairly easily wiggle out of those over-promises of the campaign.

Tucker pointed out that Trump cant do a lot of stuff because Congress and most of the Executive branch dont support him..which is right. A man can not be blamed for not doing what he cant do because others will not allow it. I have said so often when I point out after Nov 9 2016 and "NOT MY PRESIDENT!" aka the strike Trump was off the hook.

You ignored one important sentence from Carlson statement: ““He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things,” he added.”

Cardinal is correct.
Tucker hasn't turned against Trump because Trump is bad. He turned against Trump because Trump hasn't been bad enough.

That still doesn’t make Carlson not a tool.

* Citing Breitfart, really? Nothing relevant on InfoWars?

You ignored one important sentence from Carlson statement: ““He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things,” he added.”

Cardinal is correct.

That still doesn’t make Carlson not a tool.

* Citing Breitfart, really? Nothing relevant on InfoWars?

THis is the same Tucker who says constantly "Almost all of Washington hates Trump......I mean THEY REALLY HATE TRUMP! (Paraphrase, Maybe)."

He knows the score, that sentence you quoted was his attempt to get the goons off his back, and get invited to parties.

I ignored it because I did not take it seriously.

I wouldn't bet on it.

But, the realization of just how many people live under rocks, has been a real eye opener.

If Carlson loses those people, he will end up jobless and have to put in his application over at MSNBC. LOL!

I think the smarter Trump supporters see the writing on the wall. Trump's presidency will end in disaster. Either he'll be removed after Mueller's report or he will lose badly in 2020 after being damaged by the impeachment process.

But I guarantee you one thing--Trump will be impeached. There will be a trial in the Senate. His lies and conspiracies will be exposed for all to see.

I did not take it seriously because I am an educated man, and I knew better.

quote-admitting-one-s-ignorance-is-the-first-step-in-acquiring-knowledge-socrates-67-0-054.jpg

DISAGREE. trump has learnt a lot about US laws. He knows how to break all of them and get away with it. And he thinks the US constitution is a piece of paper to wipe his orange butt with.

The look on his face that evening when he found out he won has always kept that theory in the back of my mind.

That is because the exit polls were bad, he had been assured by all the experts that he talked to that the exit poll data said that he had lost.

Back
Top Bottom