• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson Loses Advertisers Over “Dirty” Immigrant Comments

Do white people picking strawberries get less dirty for some ****in reason

That's not only ridiculous, but when you take into account your comment has nothing to do with what Carlson said, it's also irrelevant.

Dude is such a bigot. He should get the bulk of the credit for the recent rise of klanish skinheads in the public domain.

Tucker Carlson Loses Advertisers Over “Dirty” Immigrant Comments

“Instead [of skilled workers] we’re getting waves of people with high school educations or less,” Carlson said. “Nice people, no one doubts that, but as an economic matter this is insane. It’s indefensible, so no one even tries to defend it. Instead our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us, even if it makes our country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”

Advertisers including Pacific Life Insurance Company, NerdWallet and fitness equipment maker Nautilus are among the advertisers who pulled out of the show.​

Carlson is a jerk and peddles in white genocide. He doesn't use the phrase, but he is afraid for white people. Poor immigrants also benefit America and prices low. What does Carlson want, 20 per hour workers picking fruit? We do benefit from their hard labor.

That's not only ridiculous, but when you take into account your comment has nothing to do with what Carlson said, it's also irrelevant.

Can you elaborate on the context of "poorer and dirtier," then?

Insult me all you like. It doesn't change the fact that it is far more important to the right to pretend to be outraged about illegal immigration than it is to actually do the kind of thing that has a chance of working.

Yup. These conservatives don't understand that they are being played by Republican politicians.

Insult me all you like. It doesn't change the fact that it is far more important to the right to pretend to be outraged about illegal immigration than it is to actually do the kind of thing that has a chance of working. That's why you focus on a stupid ****ing wall rather than focusing on cutting off the reason to come here. That's why you elect people like Trump who change the policy from deporting the worst of the illegals to deporting any ones found, which in a universe of finite resources necessarily results in less of the worst being deported. That's why you keep electing Republicans who don't give a ****, then turning around to dishonestly rage at liberals for not fixing the problem you pretend to be care about for you.

It also doesn't help that all those insults wrapped in righteous fury come in yet another goal-shifting dishonest post, seeing I was talking about D-Bag Carlson's whine as a symptom of something far greater but also seeing as you pretended I was talking about that segment and only that segment.

Want to get legitimately angry at someone?

Honestly angry?

Get angry at yourself for constantly supporting people who don't care to do a thing that actually matters regarding illegal immigration. Get angry at yourself for spending all your time here spitting bile at people you consider "leftists."

Insulting him does not make him wrong, either. I don't even need to read what he said to know that.

That is a very long way of saying that you lack the integrity to actually watch the segment admit you were wrong. NO surprise there.

A real Carlson fan, ain’t ya? Dry your tears, Fox isn’t dumping the turd over his bigoted comment.

Thats a stupid response. He didnt say anything bigoted. You just arent honest enough to admit it. Though I will stand by my original assessment that you having not actually watched the segment, dont know WTF you are talking about. Please continue to prove me right.

Can you elaborate on the context of "poorer and dirtier," then?

Why dont you be the first leftist to actually watch the segment and learn what was actually being discussed? I realize shouting "racist" is far easier than actually educating yourself, but give it a shot.

Thats a stupid response. He didnt say anything bigoted. You just arent honest enough to admit it. Though I will stand by my original assessment that you having not actually watched the segment, dont know WTF you are talking about. Please continue to prove me right.
The only thing you’re proving is your approval/alignment with a dbag bigot who calls people seeking a better life “dirty”.

Meanwhile, there were many reports of farmers in states that did sweeps of illegal migrant workers that they couldn't hire Americans to do the job for the pay, thus crops rotted in the field.

Now why would you be pretending not to know that?

Yes, there very much are a lot of low-skill jobs Americans will not do for the pay. With something like farm labor, I'm not surprised. It's tough. Meanwhile, we're eating ourselves to death: 2/3 - TWO THIRDS! - now either overweight or obese.

That happens when you have jobs to fill and very little time to fill them. If farmers stopped employing illegal immigrants today, they would have plenty of time to fill those jobs for next season.

Let's say for the sake of argument that our southern border was secure and farmers truly couldn't fill all the jobs at harvesting time because there were no more illegals to hire. I would fully support farmers being able to obtain a permit that allows them to go to the border and obtain a specified number of undocumented aliens to temporarily fill their workforce to complete their harvest. Of course the farmers would have to put up a bond for those workers, ICE would have to process them in and once the harvest is over, those farmers would be legally responsible to return each them to the border, or forfeit a substantial sum of their bond money.

How does that sound to you?

Why dont you be the first leftist to actually watch the segment and learn what was actually being discussed? I realize shouting "racist" is far easier than actually educating yourself, but give it a shot.

So, you're unable to elaborate on the context.

Listen, I'm aware Carlson had some bull**** "what about the poor trees" comment. Are you trying to tell me you bought that line of crap? What, you think an immigrant is more environmentally destructive than you?

Maybe he is racist, or maybe he’s just a total dbag elitist. Or maybe he’s both?

No, the elitists love illegals. Who else to scrub windows, do the laundry, trim the hedges and dust the Wedgwood?:2razz:

That happens when you have jobs to fill and very little time to fill them. If farmers stopped employing illegal immigrants today, they would have plenty of time to fill those jobs for next season.

Let's say for the sake of argument that our southern border was secure and farmers truly couldn't fill all the jobs at harvesting time because there were no more illegals to hire. I would fully support farmers being able to obtain a permit that allows them to go to the border and obtain a specified number of undocumented aliens to temporarily fill their workforce to complete their harvest. Of course the farmers would have to put up a bond for those workers, ICE would have to process them in and once the harvest is over, those farmers would be legally responsible to return each them to the border, or forfeit a substantial sum of their bond money.

How does that sound to you?

I say focusing on beefing up the border is an extremely wasteful use of resources. Focus on making it as difficult as possible for employers to get away with hiring illegals (national e-verify? Etc), devote your resource ramp-up to inspecting/monitoring said employers, raise penalties greatly for firing illegals, etc. Focus on the reason that most come here. If they can't get work without great risk they're going to be facing a different calculus.

But at the same time, we should probably also focus on streamlining legal immigration. Hell, people risked their lives to help us in Afghanistan against the Taliban when we promised to let them come here and we just let them sit for years as they went through red tape, and many died horribly as a result. What of those not in such danger? We have a terrible legal immigration process and we sit here acting outraged/surprised that others try to come here illegally. Well...duh. (And PS, Trump's admin has been reducing legal immigration options).

I'd also note that if your first sentence is correct, you are only further supporting my overall point about focusing on deportation since it is just another reason why focusing on grab & deport of a non-violent criminal illegal is counter-productive in the long run.

This is just another area where a focus on actual or pretend righteous principle leads to the worst results. Pragmatism should rule.

No, the elitists love illegals. Who else to scrub windows, do the laundry, trim the hedges and dust the Wedgwood?:2razz:
Then why is Trump trying to keep immigrants out?

I wouldn't disagree with this...Trump has plenty of them running around his properties.

Then why is Trump trying to keep immigrants out?

I'm not at all sure that he is. He seems mostly interested in keeping a campaign promise through the imagery of a physical border barrier. The best way to keep illegal immigrants out is to remove the primary reason that they want to come (and stay) in - jobs that pay as much in a day as they could make in a week if they remained in their homelands.

They did and do much more than those few tasks on Trump properties.

" :2razz: "

You also managed to make my point for me in a second way: those people you vote for because you have such a hatred for "leftists," those republicans? Yeah....they don't give a **** either. Yet apparently, it's "leftists" who are bad because they vote for Democrats who....what.... do things like take the existing resources and direct them to deporting the worst illegals (that'd be Obama)? Right.

The whole thing is a farce.

The only thing you’re proving is your approval/alignment with a dbag bigot who calls people seeking a better life “dirty”.

Thats just it, he didnt say that. You claim he did because you dont know WTF you are talking about and simply arent interested in the truth.

His base really hates brown people
Oh, that’s right. :thumbs:

I'm not at all sure that he is. He seems mostly interested in keeping a campaign promise through the imagery of a physical border barrier. The best way to keep illegal immigrants out is to remove the primary reason that they want to come (and stay) in - jobs that pay as much in a day as they could make in a week if they remained in their homelands.
“Imagery” is a perfect word choice. There is no substance to Trump beyond his own rotund, orange physique. He’s never been about more than his own image. To your point on immigrants and wages, W. had, had what I thought, was a good idea, allowing legal day workers to come across the border to do the work Americans wouldn’t. The proposal, IIRC, was a win - win for business and labor. Businesses get willing workers and the workers got fair pay and legal protection against unfair labor practices.

So, you're unable to elaborate on the context.

Listen, I'm aware Carlson had some bull**** "what about the poor trees" comment. Are you trying to tell me you bought that line of crap? What, you think an immigrant is more environmentally destructive than you?

The 'dirtier' comment he made was in reference to the trash left behind in the desert over the years by people who have crossed illegally.

Oh, that’s right. :thumbs:

“Imagery” is a perfect word choice. There is no substance to Trump beyond his own rotund, orange physique. He’s never been about more than his own image. To your point on immigrants and wages, W. had, had what I thought, was a good idea, allowing legal day workers to come across the border to do the work Americans wouldn’t. The proposal, IIRC, was a win - win for business and labor. Businesses get willing workers and the workers got fair pay and legal protection against unfair labor practices.

The myth that illegal immigrants do only, or even primarily, jobs that citizens or legal immigrants would not is problematic (to put it as nicely as I can). The image of a migrant fruit/vegetable picker does not square with actual labor force statistics concerning the trades/industries accepting (and thus attracting more) illegal immigrant labor. When there is a glut of illegal immigrant workers willing to accept lower wages and less safe/sanitary working conditions then that drives (or keeps) down wages which, in turn, makes those jobs less appealing to (competitive with?) other workers.

Occupations of unauthorized immigrant workers

Its clear to anyone paying attention that you liberals are incapable of honest debate on any subject. This post is just further proof--as if such proof were necessary. He did NOT call immigrants 'dirty.' That is just you either lying or taking the word of the liar who you heard it from. Unlike you, I actually saw the segment. Why dont you watch it and you will know exactly what he was talking about rather than come on here and lie and smear the guy. You wont, of course, because lies and smears are all you have and all you feel you need to have.

hermmmm... the full quote is right there in my post. Right there. Did you miss it? Let me post if for you again since you seemed to have accidentally skipped over it.

"Nice people, no one doubts that, but as an economic matter this is insane. It’s indefensible, so no one even tries to defend it. Instead our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us, even if it makes our country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”​

So... what in that sentence is making our country poorer and dirtier? Oh yeah, the world's poor that we are admitting.

Yeah... you are going nowhere but in a spin at this point.

hermmmm... the full quote is right there in my post. Right there. Did you miss it? Let me post if for you again since you seemed to have accidentally skipped over it.

"Nice people, no one doubts that, but as an economic matter this is insane. It’s indefensible, so no one even tries to defend it. Instead our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us, even if it makes our country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”​

So... what in that sentence is making our country poorer and dirtier? Oh yeah, the world's poor that we are admitting.

Yeah... you are going nowhere but in a spin at this point.

Doubling down on your dishonesty. Did you watch the segment? Of course not. You simply took a comment, dropped the context, then claim it says what it does not. You guys are pathetic. Unable to argue like intelligent adults, you cry 'racism' because that is all your minds can handle. You arent mentally capable of engaging the argument so you attack the person with falsehoods. I dont expect you or any other liberal here to actually watch the segment, and none of you have. That would destroy your dishonest narrative. So you stay ignorant of the facts and spew ignorance.

They did and do much more than those few tasks on Trump properties.

" :2razz: "

You also managed to make my point for me in a second way: those people you vote for because you have such a hatred for "leftists," those republicans? Yeah....they don't give a **** either. Yet apparently, it's "leftists" who are bad because they vote for Democrats who....what.... do things like take the existing resources and direct them to deporting the worst illegals (that'd be Obama)? Right.

The whole thing is a farce.

Both parties fail at immigration. I guess I should tip my hat to the Democrats. At least they admit that failing is the goal and that they are proud of said failures. Oh and we have many, many illegals here who commit gruesome crimes. Plenty of American families know this because their loved ones are underground. Imagine that and even with Sheriff Obama in town. Deporting illegals is useless if you don't clamp down on them coming in. You just end up with a carousel where people deported 5-6 times are back again. Apparently, that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom