• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson Gets Challenged In Public

I'm not sure why you're trying to establish an either/or here. Certainly, approaching a stranger courteously is "better" than telling him or her he's the worst person alive. But a "punishment" of fame is dealing with jackasses who think they "know" you and have no compunction about barging over to your table and interrupting your meal or your kid's Little League game/whatever. Boorish public behavior is just that. Luckily for this particular jackass, Carlson remained civil. He behaved himself. Too bad the jerk wasn't able to.
I'm not trying to do an either/or, rather I can't parse the parameters of what you consider to be acceptable public behavior. As I've said in other threads, the guy expressed his opinion to Tucker quietly, without profanity or physicality, and very briefly. I doubt anyone farther than 6 feet away noticed the exchange. It just doesn't count as boorish behavior in my book. So I'm trying to understand if you think it's boorish simply because the guy approach Tucker in the first place or because he laid into him.

I'm not trying to do an either/or, rather I can't parse the parameters of what you consider to be acceptable public behavior. As I've said in other threads, the guy expressed his opinion to Tucker quietly, without profanity or physicality, and very briefly. I doubt anyone farther than 6 feet away noticed the exchange. It just doesn't count as boorish behavior in my book. So I'm trying to understand if you think it's boorish simply because the guy approach Tucker in the first place or because he laid into him.
Oh, well, I guess you're unaware that someone was filming the exchange and then launched it.

I'm not sure why you're trying to establish an either/or here. Certainly, approaching a stranger courteously is "better" than telling him or her he's the worst person alive. But a "punishment" of fame is dealing with jackasses who think they "know" you and have no compunction about barging over to your table and interrupting your meal or your kid's Little League game/whatever. Boorish public behavior is just that. Luckily for this particular jackass, Carlson remained civil. He behaved himself. Too bad the jerk wasn't able to.

I did not notice any kids or Tucker's family around. The stranger dirupted Tucker's shopping experience and apparenty this gave you a melt-down.

Tucker is neither a reporter or a journalist.
He's an opinion hack and that's it.

Hence, why do leftists get so bent out of shape over his partisanship? Do they really think pundits on ... say, MSNBC, act differently?

I did not notice any kids or Tucker's family around. The sttaner dirupted Tucker's latte and apparenty this gave you a melt-down.
No idea what "sttaner disrupted" means and didn't see in the vid clip Carlson drinking anything. Your trying to characterize my opinion on Carlson--or anybody else--being accosted in this way in public as a "meltdown" is just pathetic.

No idea what "sttaner disrupted" means and didn't see in the vid clip Carlson drinking anything. Your trying to characterize my opinion on Carlson--or anybody else--being accosted in this way in public as a "meltdown" is just pathetic.

Edited the text. The stranger disrupted Tucker's shopping experience and instead of asking for an autograph, he told him that he was a bad person. Nothing threatening in such behavior. I do not care what you think about my comments. I just express my take on how you responded to a minor inconvenience in Tucker's life after the latter has spreaded propaganda designed to completely ruin the lives of many people (Mulsim-Americans, DACA kids. illegal immirants' kids at the border, etc). Pathetic was your silence all these years when Tucker was spreading his poison!

Last edited:
Edited the text. The stranger disrupted Tucker's shopping experience and instead of asking for an autograph, he told him that he was a bad person. Nothing threatening in such behavior. I do not care what you think about my comments. I just express my take on how you responded to a minor inconvenience in Tucker's life after the latter has spreaded propaganda designed to completely ruin the lives of many people (Mulsim-Americans, DACA kids. illegal immirants' kids at the border, etc). Pathetic was your silence all these years when Tucker was spreading his poison!
How would you know what I have remained silent about? Answer: You wouldn't. Maybe the reason you struggle with my being offended that Carlson was accosted is because you yourself just don't understand boundaries. All you seem to understand is sitting in judgment and projecting.

How would you know what I have remained silent about? Answer: You wouldn't. Maybe the reason you struggle with my being offended that Carlson was accosted is because you yourself just don't understand boundaries. All you seem to understand is sitting in judgment and projecting.

Because I am not a new member here and I have talked to you in the past. I understand very well boundaries. For conservatives, the ONLY boundary that was a concern for them was whether an action was legal or not. They did not give a shit about decency and how certain actions ruins the lives of common people.

So, time for payback! The guy who approached Trump did nothing illlegal, so spare me with your hypocrisy about proper boundaries.

Tucker did none of that but thanks for the hateful rant. Its always refreshing when the angry left reveals is hateful inner core.
Consider the manipulative maggot you are attracted to and defending...

The Legal Defense For Fox's Tucker Carlson: He Can't Be ...​

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers​

https://www.npr.org › 2020/09/29 › you-literally-cant-beli...

Sep 29, 2020 — Fox News viewers don't expect facts from Tucker Carlson, ... As a legal matter, the judge ruled that Karen McDougal, the woman suing ...

Tucker Carlson Calls Journalists 'Animals.' He's Also Their Best Source.​

His platform on Fox News made him a big player in Donald Trump’s circle. Off camera, he shapes the coverage of Trump’s world and Fox’s own internal politics.
https://www.nytimes.com › 2021/06/20 › business › media

Jun 21, 2021 — Last month, I texted Tucker Carlson to ask him a question that was ... 2020 after eight years as founding editor in chief of BuzzFeed News.

Consider the manipulative maggot you are attracted to and defending...

The Legal Defense For Fox's Tucker Carlson: He Can't Be ...​

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers​

https://www.npr.org › 2020/09/29 › you-literally-cant-beli...

Sep 29, 2020 — Fox News viewers don't expect facts from Tucker Carlson, ... As a legal matter, the judge ruled that Karen McDougal, the woman suing ...

Tucker Carlson Calls Journalists 'Animals.' He's Also Their Best Source.​

His platform on Fox News made him a big player in Donald Trump’s circle. Off camera, he shapes the coverage of Trump’s world and Fox’s own internal politics.
https://www.nytimes.com › 2021/06/20 › business › media

Jun 21, 2021 — Last month, I texted Tucker Carlson to ask him a question that was ... 2020 after eight years as founding editor in chief of BuzzFeed News.
If you have a point to make, make it using your own words and I will respond.

So you are resentful of those who had advantages that you did not. I'm very sorry about that, and I hope that someday you realize that there will always be someone richer, smarter, better educated, and more successful than you are.

So are you pro elite than?

No, you misunderstood I think rich ghouls like Carlson are actively using his money make the world a worse place, their wealth is a threat to freedom and well being of others, it's why the government does the bidding of rich donors rather regular people.

Carlson is none of those things, he was just born rich, that is luck and nothing else.

You ignore the links to Carlson's racist rants, what do you think Carlson can be as rude or racist as he wants, but everyone has to be nice to him and kiss his butt in public?

A threatening confrontation is too much for a talk show host expressing opinions, especially placing a hand on Tucker. People who follow Tucker's advice are adults capable of making up their own minds to the veracity of his shows. If he breaks laws or FCC rules, he'll have to answer for them. If we allow abusive coercion to be used on anyone who disagrees with a particular viewpoint or has a different political philosophy, then we're no longer the tolerant, freedom-loving people we once were.

I don't agree with most of Tucker's views, especially about covid and vaccines but I believe he has the right to express them. When an opposition uses fear, intense compulsion, or threatens force to conform to one ideology, it's just another form of Oppression.
Huh? We have never been a tolerant society. I'm all for confronting these peddlers of mis and disinformation.

The Left has to attack the most popular Conservative pundits.
I'm surprised they're not still attacking Rush Limbaugh just on principle.

But Tucker and Hannity are fair game because they are so visible and right (and RIGHT) most of the time.
Uh huh, so right there is a disclaimer not believe anything tucker says...well at least no rational person would believe what tucker says.

Because I am not a new member here and I have talked to you in the past. I understand very well boundaries. For conservatives, the ONLY boundary that was a concern for them was whether an action was legal or not. They did not give a shit about decency and how certain actions ruins the lives of common people.

So, time for payback! The guy who approached Trump did nothing illlegal, so spare me with your hypocrisy about proper boundaries.
So you've talked to me...and yet you say "For conservatives" plural there was only one boundary, one concern. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So are you pro elite than?

No, you misunderstood I think rich ghouls like Carlson are actively using his money make the world a worse place, their wealth is a threat to freedom and well being of others, it's why the government does the bidding of rich donors rather regular people.

Carlson is none of those things, he was just born rich, that is luck and nothing else.

You ignore the links to Carlson's racist rants, what do you think Carlson can be as rude or racist as he wants, but everyone has to be nice to him and kiss his butt in public?
If you think that being civil in public is kissing butt, why, yes, I think everybody should kiss everybody's butt in public.

One cop killed Floyd...Why could it be a reality of brutality in policing?? Boy, you don't hide your prejudice against all cops do you?
I understand your weak, simplistic worldview.

But I don't subscribe to it.

My beef is with abusive cops and ALL THOSE WHO STAND BY IN SILENCE OR HELP COVER IT UP.

(Hopefully the caps help you understand.)

And your reply is not to my point in the first place.

I understand your weak, simplistic worldview.

But I don't subscribe to it.

My beef is with abusive cops and ALL THOSE WHO STAND BY IN SILENCE OR HELP COVER IT UP.

(Hopefully the caps help you understand.)

And your reply is not to my point in the first place.
More prejudice against cops...You're clear-headed when it comes to the police, I see.:ROFLMAO:

More prejudice against cops...You're clear-headed when it comes to the police, I see.:ROFLMAO:
Grow up. More prejudice against abusive cops and those who enable them is what is need.

Oh, well, I guess you're unaware that someone was filming the exchange and then launched it.
Obviously I am aware that someone was filming as I've seen the video. But that doesn't answer my question.

If you think that being civil in public is kissing butt, why, yes, I think everybody should kiss everybody's butt in public.

Carlson wants to be uncivil on the air, he can deal with uncivil behavior in public, I don't see why Carlson's uncivil behavior should get a pass, that guy has every right to freedom of speech Carlson has and if we are going to bring civility into, civility is a privilege, not a right, a privilege Carlson looses when he says immigrants make the US more dirty or something else racist.

You want people to be civil to Carlson in public, well tell Carlson to be more civil and then we can talk, otherwise what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Carlson wants to be uncivil on the air, he can deal with uncivil behavior in public, I don't see why Carlson's uncivil behavior should get a pass, that guy has every right to freedom of speech Carlson has and if we are going to bring civility into, civility is a privilege, not a right, a privilege Carlson looses when he says immigrants make the US more dirty or something else racist.

You want people to be civil to Carlson in public, well tell Carlson to be more civil and then we can talk, otherwise what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
In case I haven't made myself clear in previous posts, I want everybody to be civil to everybody in public.

Obviously I am aware that someone was filming as I've seen the video. But that doesn't answer my question.
I think bugging a stranger in public is boorish. You seem to think that if someone isn't profane and doesn't assault somebody, it's okay. I say these are lousy parameters. Do you sincerely think it's okay to approach a stranger and tell him he really needs to shave or take a bath? That she needs to lose weight? That someone is too old be wearing whatever he or she is wearing? How about "I saw you at a strip club last night, and you're bound for hell"?

Telling someone he's the worst person alive, besides being cretinous hyperbole, is not okay. Not by me. Your mileage obviously varies.

I think bugging a stranger in public is boorish. You seem to think that if someone isn't profane and doesn't assault somebody, it's okay. I say these are lousy parameters. Do you sincerely think it's okay to approach a stranger and tell him he really needs to shave or take a bath? That she needs to lose weight? That someone is too old be wearing whatever he or she is wearing? How about "I saw you at a strip club last night, and you're bound for hell"?

Telling someone he's the worst person alive, besides being cretinous hyperbole, is not okay. Not by me. Your mileage obviously varies.
I agree with all your examples. But those all involve personal choices without public ramification, except obesity which does have public health consequences.

Tucker Carlson is a public figure, who makes money (and he's already rich) spreading lies, hatred, fear and disinformation. The reach of his show means that his messages have real consequences for society at large, beyond just the people who watch the show. As I said earlier, either in this thread or a similar one, I think that he has the right to say whatever he likes, but that speech has consequences. The kind of speech he received in this video (obviously hyperbole as you point out) is along the same lines as he puts out every day.

You seem to separate Tucker the public figure from Tucker the individual, which I contend is a false dichotomy. If I went up to Arnold Schwartznegger and told him he was evil for killing so many people, that would be ludicrous. An actor's role on film is clearly distinguishable from the actor as a person. In Tucker's case, what he says on TV he presents as his opinion, whether it really is or not, and honestly, I'm not certain which is worse. If someone decides to make money by having such a negative, outsized impact on the national discourse and everyone else's lives, how is it unreasonable to call him on it? Isn't he reaping what he's sowed?

Put another way, how insulated should an individual be from the consequences of his/her public behavior?

Back
Top Bottom