• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson Gets Challenged In Public

Huh? We have never been a tolerant society. I'm all for confronting these peddlers of mis and disinformation.

Then it's ok for some loud aggressive male to get up close and belligerent with Don Lemon or Anderson Cooper, while his kid is watching?

Be prepared to be legally confronted in public if you are publicly uncivil on air.
Maybe just be quite! Calling to confront people is not a good idea today!

Who decides what is publicly uncivil?

In case I haven't made myself clear in previous posts, I want everybody to be civil to everybody in public.

So does Carlson's show count as public? Do you think some of his behavior on his show that he broadcasts to millions is often uncivil?

Be quite? What about freedom of speech? Does it not apply to people who dislike Carlson?

Then it's ok for some loud aggressive male to get up close and belligerent with Don Lemon or Anderson Cooper, while his kid is watching?
Do they spew hate and peddle disinformation? If you think so, please provide a couple of examples.

Like all of their opinions are 100% truthful? Must be nice to be perfectly correct.
Really? And we were having such a nice discussion.

Did I say that anything about the content of Lemon and Cooper, or did I ask the question? I don't watch either of them. Understand that I WATCH NO NETWORK TELEVISION, EVER (except for extremely rare occasions when I might be staying in a hotel, and I definitely don't waste that time on cable news). The only things I see are clips or segments on YouTube or reposted elsewhere.

And opinions are opinions. Truth doesn't enter into opinion, per se. The phenomenon I am talking about is when you lie or misrepresent to bolster your opinion, as well as when you appear or claim to be doing reportage that is not fact checked and contains easily verifiable lies.

For example, if I say that I think all African Americans have low IQs, well, that's an opinion (albeit an uninformed and bigoted one). But it's not a lie, per se, if I actually believe it to be true. However, If I then present bogus "evidence" to support my opinion, that's lying or misrepresenting.

Last edited:
Tell Tucker not to confront people then on air. It's incel behavior to think he won't get push back.

grip has the correct of it, lostinseattle

Really? And we were having such a nice discussion.

Did I say that anything about the content of Lemon and Cooper, or did I ask the question? I don't watch either of them. Understand that I WATCH NO NETWORK TELEVISION, EVER (except for extremely rare occasions when I might be staying in a hotel, and I definitely don't waste that time on cable news). The only things I see are clips or segments on YouTube or reposted elsewhere.

And opinions are opinions. Truth doesn't enter into opinion, per se. The phenomenon I am talking about is when you lie or misrepresent to bolster your opinion, as well as when you appear or claim to be doing reportage that is not fact checked and contains easily verifiable lies.

For example, if I say that I think all African Americans have low IQs, well, that's an opinion (albeit an uninformed and bigoted one). But it's not a lie, per se, if I actually believe it to be true. However, If I then present bogus "evidence" to support my opinion, that's lying or misrepresenting.

I'm here to tell you, honestly, that both sides twist and manipulate info to support their opinions. Neither thinks they're lying. Fairness and objectivity in cable news and MSM is a thing of the past. I watch both conservative and liberal sources, so I can compare what's real and what's being propagandized.

I'm here to tell you, honestly, that both sides twist and manipulate info to support their opinions. Neither thinks they're lying. Fairness and objectivity in cable news and MSM is a thing of the past. I watch both conservative and liberal sources, so I can compare what's real and what's being propagandized.
Well, I did ask for examples from Lemon and Cooper. Don't need any more from Carlson.

Why bother with cable news at all? And MSM is a pretty vague term for me. Why bother with people's opinions as opposed to reportage? I much prefer long form journalism, as well as numerous podcasts. I find that by relying on those types of sources, I tend to be noticeably better informed than a lot of people I talk to who rely on TV. I am not always up on current events (by current I mean the last day or two), but I can easily grab a newsfeed for that.

What Progressives do not like is a Conservative who gets a big national audience and describes Progressives for what they really are - self-hating critics of America who want to drag the country to the Left in the style of Bernie Sanders an AOC.
See, the thing about the bill of rights is that it applies to everyone. You, me and Tucks. You are free to accuse and vent. So is Tucks. So is the person who confronted him. That's the problem with being an asshole. People treat you like one.

The worst anti-Americans are American rightists. Many of them are convinced that America is one of the most corrupted countries in the first world.
Now the right has turned on the US Olympic Team. It's sad that they stew in so much hatred.

If somebody put their hand on your chest and got up in your grill berating you by calling you the worst person ever, you'd be intimidated, especially in today's political climate.
Tell that to parents that Tucks wants you to harass and swat because they have their kids wear masks.

Uh huh, all of a sudden the right is concerned about civility? Don lemon and cooper don't go on the air every night with a disclaimer that says don't believe a word that comes out of my mouth like tucker.

This Portland guy has a perfect right to express his opinion to Tucker but, IMO, shouldn't accost him in a public place. It's not really fair that this guy can tune out Tucker anytime but Carlson has no option to be berated and intimidated in person.
Tucks can hide in his home or at FOX, where he should be anyway if he's not vaccinated.

And predictably shits himself.

PS: THIS exact scenario should play out everywhere anytime that garbage person crawls into public.

LOL tucker looks calm and smiling and walks away

the other guy looks like he is on drugs, standing wayyy to close to him and following him, what a sad loser!

Lol, what delusional rubbish. Carlson is an actor, paid to read out whatever fiction rolls down the teleprompter. His team of writers concoct false narratives to designed to keep the feeble-minded watching during the ad breaks.

Having said that, I don’t really agree with confronting the likes of Carlson in public. Firstly, it’s pointless. Carlson is utterly shameless and without scruples. He would read out the opposite of right-wing stupidity if the money was good enough. Secondly, I think public figures have a right to a private life. Even if their public persona is as morally bankrupt as Tucker’s.
I figure he makes piles of money lying to the public. He deserves their feedback for it. Actions have consequences.

LOL tucker looks calm and smiling and walks away

the other guy looks like he is on drugs, standing wayyy to close to him and following him, what a sad loser!
Carlson was obviously peeved and scared

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. Last time I checked, you aren't God.

And, yes, I am a conservative independent.
Just hoisting ol ****er by his petard. He wanted people to be confronted in public, heres your sign.

Back
Top Bottom