• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson Gets Challenged In Public

Are you a conservative? If not, you seem to be making arguments for them. Conservatives claim to be anti-elitist, but they never apply that to conservative elites.

I think a lot of people think Waters does engage in harassment:

Was that China Town story respectful?

What about Carlson telling his viewers to call the cops on kids with masks on? Is that respectful?

Not my style and there are no Fox News anchors for me to confront, I would confront Canadian politicians.

But yeah, the Right has been talking about owning the libs and liberals' tears for years and when they get a taste of their own medicine, they demand civility.

Too late, reap what you have sowed.
Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. Last time I checked, you aren't God.

And, yes, I am a conservative independent.

Show a link of Queen Elizabeth, President Biden or Nancy Pelosi telling people to confront people on the street or in a store.'

If you are encouraging people to confront people in public or even call the cops on them because their kids are wearing masks on you shouldn't be such a snowflake when you are confronted.

But it is all okay with you as long as he is a R.
I hope never to be confronted in public. I would NEVER confront someone in public myself. And my opinion has nothing to do with political affiliation. Sorry to burst your biased bubble.

I don't think the number of times one is confronted matters nor whether the confrontation wasn't shouted or violent nor whether anybody got hurt. Nor do I see any comparison between people ringing doorbells (which I have done soliciting petition signatures for a fight against a hostile annexation) and confronting someone in a tackle shop or restaurant or theater.
If you really believe that, how do you reconcile this belief with Tucker Carlson asking his viewers to confront people wearing masks?

I don't think the number of times one is confronted matters nor whether the confrontation wasn't shouted or violent nor whether anybody got hurt. Nor do I see any comparison between people ringing doorbells (which I have done soliciting petition signatures for a fight against a hostile annexation) and confronting someone in a tackle shop or restaurant or theater.

Well, I guess we don't agree.
Tucker's not ONLY a public figure, he holds both the public interest and the public trust, because regardless of his courtroom defense, his audience STILL SEES HIM as some type of journalist.
And so therefore it DOES INDEED matter when the person speaking is being nonviolent and isn't even impeding his progress or making any kind of threat.
He came up, voiced his opinion and was done.
I've had worse confrontations when I didn't hit the correct trills one time on the Hammond B3 when I played in a band.

If you really believe that, how do you reconcile this belief with Tucker Carlson asking his viewers to confront people wearing masks?

Oh CRAP!!! I had forgotten ALL about that!!

Here's "politely telling people to remove their masks" according to Fox viewers!

Last edited:
Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. Last time I checked, you aren't God.

And, yes, I am a conservative independent.

And as a conservative independent are elitist or anti elitist?

What is good for the goose is good gander, if we are going to trade cliches.

You want civility, be civil, don't be obnoxious talking about liberal tears and then get upset when someone gives a conservative elite like Carlson a taste of their own medicine.

Civility is a joke if you only apply it others and not yourself or your peer group.

No, the virus did that.

LOL, first somebody said that high school meanies were worse, and now you're bringing up what allegedly worked for a quarter of a million years? And Godwining? Yikes.
The Big Lie is a propaganda technique, attributed to Goebbels, and named by Hitler in Mein Kampf. Used to get the Germans to go along with the holocaust.

It's not a Godwin if it is relevant to the topic and historically accurate.

It's history.

As is homo sapiens existing as relatively physically equal members of extended families of alpha predators for 250,000 years, at least thirty or forty thousand of which exactly like us.

No cops, no lawyers, no courts. So one must assume they worked things out personally. And remember, they were all the strong. Life eliminated the weak.

Hundreds out of multi-thousands of those accused of breaking the law are being prosecuted in the Floyd riots.

What's the percentage of capitol hill rioters being prosecuted?? One in ten? BTW, is there an investigation by the house into the Floyd riots? Why isn't there?? Because of the fascist Pelosi (who doesn't give a shit about democracy), perhaps?
Could be the reality of brutality in policing in the case of the Floyd demonstrations as opposed to an assault on our democracy itself based on lies told to their faces by people who all knew better.

Like all the vaccinated assholes encouraging people to not get vaccinated.

The Big Lie is not that the election was fraudulent. The Big Lie is the name of the propaganda technique used to sell that lie. Hitler coined the term in Mein Kampf and Goebbels is credited with perfecting it.

(Before anybody cries "Godwin!" Feel free to look it up for yourselves first.)

And all the anti-mask ant-vaccine bullshit is also being fed by Big Lies.

Actually the prosecutions were in the thousands, as Luce told you earlier. Lots of sources on Wikipedia.

So now it's a percentage game.

Wow, moved the goalposts three times in the one post. Is that a record?
Prosecuted?:ROFLMAO: Held for how many days, again, one?

Could be the reality of brutality in policing in the case of the Floyd demonstrations as opposed to an assault on our democracy itself based on lies told to their faces by people who all knew better.

Like all the vaccinated assholes encouraging people to not get vaccinated.

The Big Lie is not that the election was fraudulent. The Big Lie is the name of the propaganda technique used to sell that lie. Hitler coined the term in Mein Kampf and Goebbels is credited with perfecting it.

(Before anybody cries "Godwin!" Feel free to look it up for yourselves first.)

And all the anti-mask ant-vaccine bullshit is also being fed by Big Lies.
One cop killed Floyd...Why could it be a reality of brutality in policing?? Boy, you don't hide your prejudice against all cops do you?

Well, I guess we don't agree.
Tucker's not ONLY a public figure, he holds both the public interest and the public trust, because regardless of his courtroom defense, his audience STILL SEES HIM as some type of journalist.
And so therefore it DOES INDEED matter when the person speaking is being nonviolent and isn't even impeding his progress or making any kind of threat.
He came up, voiced his opinion and was done.
I've had worse confrontations when I didn't hit the correct trills one time on the Hammond B3 when I played in a band.
I've had worse band confrontations, and the second one, I walked out and quit. Not the point.

And as a conservative independent are elitist or anti elitist?

What is good for the goose is good gander, if we are going to trade cliches.

You want civility, be civil, don't be obnoxious talking about liberal tears and then get upset when someone gives a conservative elite like Carlson a taste of their own medicine.

Civility is a joke if you only apply it others and not yourself or your peer group.
I haven't offered a cliche; I paraphrased Romans.

I am always civil to everyone, even members of my own family. ;) I am not obnoxious, and I have never talked about "liberal tears."

Please find someone else to fictionalize.

I haven't offered a cliche; I paraphrased Romans.

I am always civil to everyone, even members of my own family. ;) I am not obnoxious, and I have never talked about "liberal tears."

Please find someone else to fictionalize.

Lots of bible verses have become so overused that they become cliches, especially ones featured in Pulp Fiction.

Whether you personally are civil is irrelevant because I use ''you'' generally, not referring to you in particular. Carlson is not civil, so he deserves no civility, if he wants civility, he can learn to be civil, but that would threaten his position, so he will not do that.

I do not confront public figures, but Carlson deserves no sympathy for what amounts to an inconvenience to a rich spoiled brat like himself.

Lots of bible verses have become so overused that they become cliches, especially ones featured in Pulp Fiction.

Whether you personally are civil is irrelevant because I use ''you'' generally, not referring to you in particular. Carlson is not civil, so he deserves no civility, if he wants civility, he can learn to be civil, but that would threaten his position, so he will not do that.

I do not confront public figures, but Carlson deserves no sympathy for what amounts to an inconvenience to a rich spoiled brat like himself.
"Spoiled"? What makes you say this? Envy of the advantages he had growing up?

"Spoiled"? What makes you say this? Envy of the advantages he had growing up?

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, I am supposed to feel sorry for him when someone gives him someone gives him a berating he totally deserves.

He could use his wealth to help people, instead, he uses it to seek petty fame and dehumanize others different from himself, if he lost his job and his wealth, the world would be better off, he would have to get a real job instead of a being layabout rich elite.

We have nice to the guy who calls Iraqis ''Monkeys'' and says ''immigrants are dirty'', why do we have to be nice to him? Because he is a conservative elite? Screw him, the world would be better off he was broke and off the air.

Racist Richie Rich getting his feelings hurt is not my idea of some grave injustice, it's a small bit of krama hitting him.

Last edited:
@nota bene

I noticed you didn't address my question above. Let me try another.

What if someone were pestering TC for an autograph. Or to tell him how awesome they think he is. Or to ask him a question about his show?

Based on what you've written so far, you think it is inappropriate for anyone to approach a stranger in public. Is that the case?

I wouldn’t have confronted Tucker in public like that. It takes guts to be rude, a lowering of inhibitions, and publicly shaming someone is an act of rudeness that we’re not all willing to initiate.

But Tucker deserved to be publicly shamed and I’m glad that guy did it.

Tucker is neither a reporter or a journalist.
He's an opinion hack and that's it.

The problem with this position is that it ignores that htese hacks often interview people,, including presidents (Hannity interviewed Trump more than once), so they trespass the journalistic field too.

The problem with this position is that it ignores that htese hacks often interview people,, including presidents (Hannity interviewed Trump more than once), so they trespass the journalistic field too.
Opinion hacks can interview people, too. Non-journalists do it all the time, and often do a better job. Like John Stewart used to.

Last edited:
A threatening confrontation is too much for a talk show host expressing opinions, especially placing a hand on Tucker. People who follow Tucker's advice are adults capable of making up their own minds to the veracity of his shows. If he breaks laws or FCC rules, he'll have to answer for them. If we allow abusive coercion to be used on anyone who disagrees with a particular viewpoint or has a different political philosophy, then we're no longer the tolerant, freedom-loving people we once were.

I don't agree with most of Tucker's views, especially about covid and vaccines but I believe he has the right to express them. When an opposition uses fear, intense compulsion, or threatens force to conform to one ideology, it's just another form of Oppression.

Well, the guy who talked to him also has the right to express himself. If a person find this "threatening," he has serious insecurity issues. The pushing of a daily vitriolic propaganda about the rapist Mexicans or the "Chinese" virus by powerful public figures is mcuh more threatening. for minorities.

Opinion hacks can interview people. John Stewart interviewed people but I wouldn't call him a journalist.

The fact that he did it does not change my point. When opinion commentators act as journalists, they shoud be held to the same standards as any other real journalist. Using the excuse that they are just "opinion commentators" does not cut it. And I do no recall Stewart's fans trying to use such claim for excusing blatant lies in his work.

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, I am supposed to feel sorry for him when someone gives him someone gives him a berating he totally deserves.

He could use his wealth to help people, instead, he uses it to seek petty fame and dehumanize others different from himself, if he lost his job and his wealth, the world would be better off, he would have to get a real job instead of a being layabout rich elite.

We have nice to the guy who calls Iraqis ''Monkeys'' and says ''immigrants are dirty'', why do we have to be nice to him? Because he is a conservative elite? Screw him, the world would be better off he was broke and off the air.

Racist Richie Rich getting his feelings hurt is not my idea of some grave injustice, it's a small bit of krama hitting him.
So you are resentful of those who had advantages that you did not. I'm very sorry about that, and I hope that someday you realize that there will always be someone richer, smarter, better educated, and more successful than you are.

@nota bene

I noticed you didn't address my question above. Let me try another.

What if someone were pestering TC for an autograph. Or to tell him how awesome they think he is. Or to ask him a question about his show?

Based on what you've written so far, you think it is inappropriate for anyone to approach a stranger in public. Is that the case?
I'm not sure why you're trying to establish an either/or here. Certainly, approaching a stranger courteously is "better" than telling him or her he's the worst person alive. But a "punishment" of fame is dealing with jackasses who think they "know" you and have no compunction about barging over to your table and interrupting your meal or your kid's Little League game/whatever. Boorish public behavior is just that. Luckily for this particular jackass, Carlson remained civil. He behaved himself. Too bad the jerk wasn't able to.

Back
Top Bottom