• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson defends vigilante shooter

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Tucker Carlson defends vigilante shooter, says he 'had to maintain order when no one else would'

Capture-Tucker-Tonight.png

8/27/20
Fox News host Tucker Carlson is standing by the vigilante teen accused of fatally shooting two people and injuring another during a Kenosha, Wisconsin, protest Tuesday night. Court records show Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, faces a first-degree intentional homicide charge in Kenosha County after shooting demonstrators protesting the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Based on Wisconsin law, Rittenhouse would be charged as an adult. On "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Wednesday, the talk show host appeared to justify Rittenhouse's actions, saying it's understandable given violence and chaos in the city. "We do know why it happened, though. Kenosha devolved into anarchy because the authorities abandoned the people," Carlson said. "Those in charge, from the governor on down, refused to enforce the law. They’ve stood back and watched Kenosha burn. Are we really surprised that looting and arson accelerated to murder?"

Carlson's remarks were instantly condemned across social media. Jon Favreau described Carlson as "revolting" in a NSFW tweet. Comedian Billy Eichner, Julie Klausner and Ike Barinholtz called for Carlson to be fired over his "dangerous" rhetoric. Many others agreed. Others said Carlson's statement "goes beyond racism" and highlights a glaring double standard that he perpetuates on his talk show. "An innocent black guy is killed by police and Tucker Carlson calls him a thug," tweeted CNN commentator Keith Boykins. "A guilty white guy murders two people and Tucker Carlson calls him a patriot." Others turned their attention to Carlson's dwindling list of advertisers and threatened to boycott if they do not pull funding from "Tucker Carlson Tonight." "You all just paid for Tucker Carlson to defend a murderer on air," @BrianTylerCohen tweeted along with a list of Carlson's advertisers. @YourFriendJax added: "Boycott any brand that advertises on the Tucker Carlson show. Plain and Simple."

Tucker Carlson should be fired. But FOX encourages such racist messaging.

btw - boycott Tucker Carlson's advertisers:

@unhingedmovie
@Gabi_Insurance
@relieffactor
Visiting Angels
@puretalkusa
@MyPillowUSA
@Grayscale
@WeatherTech
@SurePayroll

I can't find a single issue with the highlighted text in the OP. Nothing racist

I support Tucker and his comments. I believe it to be a good shoot

Do you often support vigilantes? Or is it that this particular one was shooting blm protesters?

Everyone needs to see ALL the video of the incident before they to off half cocked on their racist rants.

- snip -

Tucker Carlson should be fired. But FOX encourages such racist messaging.

btw - boycott Tucker Carlson's advertisers:

@unhingedmovie
@Gabi_Insurance
@relieffactor
Visiting Angels
@puretalkusa
@MyPillowUSA
@Grayscale
@WeatherTech
@SurePayroll

Just what do you consider racist in in what was said???

Do you often support vigilantes? Or is it that this particular one was shooting blm protesters?

Let the jury decide. Many laws broken up to the bullet flying. And that was justified after being beaten

Will you feel the same when the protesters start arming themselves?

Which shooting? The second two are caught on film. the first is far more mysterious. That said, law enforcement has arrested him on Murder charges, something not done unless they believe that they have the evidence to support the charge.
As for Carlson, he has no more facts than anyone else but yet he still feels the need to comment on the shooting right away, could it be that he is an attention whore.

How is what he said "defending" the shooter? He actually used the word "murder."

"An innocent black guy is killed by police and Tucker Carlson calls him a thug," tweeted CNN commentator Keith Boykins. "A guilty white guy murders two people and Tucker Carlson calls him a patriot."

Dangerous nonsense. Blake wasn't "innocent." He had an open sexual assault arrest warrant, and the cops were executing it. He was resisting arrest and, according to witnesses, might have even pulled a knife on the cops.

Of course you wouldn't know any of this by reading CNN's "everything we know about the Jacob Blake shooting" article. Seriously, it's like they are deliberately fanning the flames in Kenosha with their selective reporting.

He's so good at playing to the base.

Trump voters are the real problem in this era of the modern Confederacy. They are disgusting.

Which shooting? The second two are caught on film. the first is far more mysterious. That said, law enforcement has arrested him on Murder charges, something not done unless they believe that they have the evidence to support the charge.
As for Carlson, he has no more facts than anyone else but yet he still feels the need to comment on the shooting right away, could it be that he is an attention whore.

The first is also caught on video, from two angles. The "victim" can be seen chasing the shooter across a parking lot and throwing something at him, and then cornering him between a car and a building before the shots are fired.

As I have said, let a jury decide. The young man may think like this old fart that being judged by 12 is better than being carried by six

So we have a bunch of things going on here, not including all the comments Trump has made that has inflamed the situation.

1)The RNC Convention hosts a couple and glorifies them for aiming their weapons at protesters.
2)Tucker Carlson, one of the most watched personalities on Fox News, defends a murderer as a hero vigilante.
3)The Kenosha PD makes a public statement glorifying a murderer as a hero vigilante.

Yeah, I think things are about to get a lot worse.

The first is also caught on video, from two angles. The "victim" can be seen chasing the shooter across a parking lot and throwing something at him, and then cornering him between a car and a building before the shots are fired.

Got a link have only seen the second set of shootings.

As I have said, let a jury decide. The young man may think like this old fart that being judged by 12 is better than being carried by six

He will end up pleading to a lesser charge of manslaughter or 2nd Degree, watch.

So we have a bunch of things going on here, not including all the comments Trump has made that has inflamed the situation.

1)The RNC Convention hosts a couple and glorifies them for aiming their weapons at protesters.
2)Tucker Carlson, one of the most watched personalities on Fox News, defends a murderer as a hero vigilante.
3)The Kenosha PD makes a public statement glorifying a murderer as a hero vigilante.

Yeah, I think things are about to get a lot worse.

Badly, if Trump wins, we may come to a point where these people are the only thing to keep us from going full authoritarian police state. There are not enough police, guard, and military if the citizenry rises up.

Of course, I like living in a prosperous country and this will put a halt to that as well :(

He will end up pleading to a lesser charge of manslaughter or 2nd Degree, watch.

Which would be an obscenity. If I text on my phone while driving and kill a pedestrian, I'm going to prison for manslaughter. The same sentence that a guy got for bringing a semi-automatic rifle to another state to confront protesters, ending up in two deaths.

Badly, if Trump wins, we may come to a point where these people are the only thing to keep us from going full authoritarian police state. There are not enough police, guard, and military if the citizenry rises up.

Of course, I like living in a prosperous country and this will put a halt to that as well :(

"Keep us from going full authoritarian police state"? I'm not sure that keeping us from going full authoritarian police state is terribly high on their agenda list.

Let the jury decide. Many laws broken up to the bullet flying. And that was justified after being beaten

So it's a good thing to bring a gun and look for trouble? Explains a lot about your support of the lawless regime....

So it's a good thing to bring a gun and look for trouble? Explains a lot about your support of the lawless regime....

He stated on video he was there to help provide first aid to people in need.

Back
Top Bottom