• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson backlash tells us something important about some Trump supporters

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Tucker Carlson backlash tells us something important about some Trump supporters (CNN Business).
Carlson angered some of his audience Thursday when he called out Sidney Powell, President Trump's attorney who has peddled wild conspiracy theories about the 2020 election. Carlson was careful not to deviate too far from the party line, opening his show with deference to the fraud claims presented by Rudy Giuliani. He also offered up reasons his audience should trust him. He explained to his viewers that he had reached out to Powell for supporting evidence with an open mind. And he pointed out his coverage of the Russia probe and how he never rules anything out — even UFOs.

Then Carlson broke the news ever so softly to his viewers: He said that, despite his polite requests, Powell had not provided a shred of evidence to support her outlandish claims and had even told him to stop contacting her. Not only had she failed to provide him with evidence, Carlson said, she had also failed to support her claims to others in Trumpworld.
The response was immediate and damning. Can we say, "over the top."
what is remarkable is that, ever since he called out Powell, Carlson has been the subject of denunciation by some on the right. His mentions on Twitter have been flooded with disappointed viewers saying that they feel betrayed by him. Right-wing websites have homed in on the controversy. And pro-Trump internet personalities have criticized him for having the nerve to challenge Powell.
Powell herself retweeted accounts attacking Carlson, including one that said Carlson had thrown "one of his Fox Globalist directed temper tantrums" and is "owned by The Syndicate." During a Friday morning appearance on Maria Bartiromo's show, Powell bashed Carlson as "insulting" and "rude."

This is all to say we are at a place — a bad place — where some Trump supporters will not believe any info that runs contrary to the Trump narrative, even if it's Tucker Carlson delivering it. Dare to dissent from the Trump camp — even politely and regarding a deranged conspiracy theory — and even someone like Carlson will be attacked and called a traitor.

Tucker Carlson backlash tells us something important about some Trump supporters (CNN Business).The response was immediate and damning. Can we say, "over the top."
It's getting worse, not better. The only way to settle these folks down is stop arguing with them. Like my grampa's stubborn mule, they're only going to dig in their heels more the harder you pull the halter.

It's not going to matter what anyone says at this point--that's pretty obvious from what I'm reading all over social media. People have made great efforts to present the facts, they've gone to great time and effort to double check everything, and the distrust only builds. They're not going to listen. Trump's fake news campaign worked too well.

Not arguing isn't going to further their cause at this point. Anyone with ears to hear and eyes to see already knows what is going on. The courts are the only place decisions will be made, not by our opinions.

Tucker has gained credibility with me after this. It's not a lot that he's gained,and he had none to start with, but he showed that he does care somewhat. Even if I do still think he's a nut.

These people are dangerous.
The tree of liberty has deep, strong roots and it will bend, not break, in a storm. It requires no blood, only the faith of good people who stand firm, wearying as it may be. This storm will pass.

Fox news created and fed this monster for 4 years and their ratings were blessed. Now that Trump is working to support an alternative 'conservative ' network to take his cult to, Fox is looking for some way to put the monster on a diet plan.

Is all this enough for me to feel empathy for the GOP? They are in for a serious bloodletting every election until these trumpsters start to die off, as the 'establishment' and the cult tear each others flesh off. Hmmm. Looking for some empathy, compassion in my heart. Where did I put it?

Another thread by a Democrat on the same topic.

There is no mass uprising by Trump supporters against Tucker. Tucker followed typical MSM commentator arrogance claiming that Trump's legal team must make their case for decision to the MSM commentators, just like most claim they pick the president. What Tucker said is accurate - he has not seen the evidence and Trump's legal team didn't decide to litigate to Tucker rather than thru the legal system. Tucker did NOT say her allegations are false.

This is not a big deal to anyone other than Democrats who are stunned that anyone dare defy the edicts of television commentators who control their thoughts, emotions, all decisions, what they must and must not do, and must and must not say to the finest detail. Conservatives don't think like that. Conservatives actually believe in individuality.

The tree of liberty has deep, strong roots and it will bend, not break, in a storm. It requires no blood, only the faith of good people who stand firm, wearying as it may be. This storm will pass.
Great play on the old Thomas Jefferson quote! Nice! (y)

There is no mass uprising by Trump supporters against Tucker. Tucker followed typical MSM commentator arrogance claiming that Trump's legal team must make their case for decision to the MSM commentators, just like most claim they pick the president. What Tucker said is accurate - he has not seen the evidence and Trump's legal team didn't decide to litigate to Tucker rather than thru the legal system. Tucker did NOT say her allegations are false.

This is not a big deal to anyone other than Democrats who are stunned that anyone dare defy the edicts of television commentators who control their thoughts, emotions, all decisions, what they must and must not do, and must and must not say to the finest detail. Conservatives don't think like that. Conservatives actually believe in individuality.
For some reason, the judges agree with Tucker.

It's getting worse, not better. The only way to settle these folks down is stop arguing with them. Like my grampa's stubborn mule, they're only going to dig in their heels more the harder you pull the halter.

It's not going to matter what anyone says at this point--that's pretty obvious from what I'm reading all over social media. People have made great efforts to present the facts, they've gone to great time and effort to double check everything, and the distrust only builds. They're not going to listen. Trump's fake news campaign worked too well.

Not arguing isn't going to further their cause at this point. Anyone with ears to hear and eyes to see already knows what is going on. The courts are the only place decisions will be made, not by our opinions.

Make them EAT the flesh of the monster they created and worshipped, after it is set out to rot for a week.

I agree with the part I bolded. The rest has a kernel of truth and a boatload of your usual rhetoric.

I'm sure some Trump loyalists are peeved. But Tucker's going to have to do more than this for them to stay mad.

Last edited:

Your last line is absolutely hilarious. Lemmings. Parrots. Right-wingers. All synonyms.

I may watch next week just to see his groveling apology.

How dare you question the baby back bitch Tucker! Out of the cult with you. You're fired!!

Make them EAT the flesh of the monster they created and worshipped, after it is set out to rot for a week.
Bill Maher agrees with me, I discover. Saw the clip of his last show just after posting that.

Back
Top Bottom