• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Bleeding Advertisers

avoiding the fact that NO other politics anchor does this sort of thing. I wish I had a clip for you, might find it on youtube, but I remember before he had his own show, Tucker was on the morning show on Fox, and I remember well they were discussing some policy or other the Dems were promoting, and Tucker literally jumped up and down on his seat like you see excited little kids do and laughing like he did in this clip. like WHO on TV news or politics does this kind of thing? makes him look immature, it really does, and in case you think I am being partisan, I would say the same of Anderson Cooper or anyone on the Left behaved the same way.

SHEESH.
I believe you. But I was asking about this interview.
In this instance, what was the point the guest made and what was the point Carlson countered with at the end?

What people forget about Carlson, only Fox would give him a home, he would not be found on CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN, PBS, CBC, BBC, or any other nightly news outlet. Only Fox would hire someone like Carlson, but of course, what those people defending Carlson will say, well - they are all the corrupt MSM so no surprise.
View attachment 67329871
Tucker used to be on CNN. Also he was on MSNBC during the bowtie years. He was actually nice and fun to watch on MSNBC. He was snarky and catty about his former employer, CNN, though. Maybe that was his dirt bag side leaking out.

I believe you. But I was asking about this interview.
In this instance, what was the point the guest made and what was the point Carlson countered with at the end?
The guest was making a point about Chauvin using excessive force. Tucker countered that he was more concerned about business closed down by the pandemic and then threw in the laugh for whatever reason. It was really strange.

The guest was making a point about Chauvin using excessive force. Tucker countered that he was more concerned about business closed down by the pandemic and then threw in the laugh for whatever reason. It was really strange.
Right. It looked like the ex-cop was suggesting attention should be paid to making the cops behave rather than taking steps against destruction like we saw in 2020 and again this year.
To Tucker that misdirected attention deserved his burst of ironic laughter.

Right. It looked like the ex-cop was suggesting attention should be paid to making the cops behave rather than taking steps against destruction like we saw in 2020 and again this year.
To Tucker that misdirected attention deserved his burst of ironic laughter.
You're ignoring the fact that the bad behavior kills people. It's not insignificant naughtiness. It also ignited the demonstrations last summer. If that worries Tuck, he ought to support making cops behave.

As I've pointed out in a similar thread, Carlson doesn't need advertisers. Fox isn't going to fire him because his ad revenue is subpar.

Fox News currently gets $1.6 billion in subscriber fees (i.e. payments from the cable companies), and $1.2 billion from advertising. The more viewers Fox has, the stronger their negotiating position with the cable companies, and the more they make. When advertisers pull from a show like Carlson, they usually just reallocate it to different shows on Fox News.

It's also highly likely that Fox News is feeding off the controversies. It drives viewers, and plays into the modern conservative mindset where "owning the libs" is more important than actually enacting policies.

As long as Carlson gets enough viewers, Fox is unlikely to kick him off the air, no matter what garbage he spouts.

there is a HUGE difference, being partisan is one thing, being bigoted and outright wacko is another.
and Tucker is bigoted and outright wacko, period.

The look on his guest’s face was WTF, and then that crazy laugh. My city isn’t boarded up, so Tucker is full of crap and peddling lies.

As I've pointed out in a similar thread, Carlson doesn't need advertisers. Fox isn't going to fire him because his ad revenue is subpar.

Fox News currently gets $1.6 billion in subscriber fees (i.e. payments from the cable companies), and $1.2 billion from advertising. The more viewers Fox has, the stronger their negotiating position with the cable companies, and the more they make. When advertisers pull from a show like Carlson, they usually just reallocate it to different shows on Fox News.

It's also highly likely that Fox News is feeding off the controversies. It drives viewers, and plays into the modern conservative mindset where "owning the libs" is more important than actually enacting policies.

As long as Carlson gets enough viewers, Fox is unlikely to kick him off the air, no matter what garbage he spouts.

Mind reading and projection. We just endured 4 years of Dem obstruction, fake news, and manufactured outrage.

All in the name of "Orange Man Bad".

You're ignoring the fact that the bad behavior kills people. It's not insignificant naughtiness. It also ignited the demonstrations last summer. If that worries Tuck, he ought to support making cops behave.
Did you hear something that suggested to you that Carlson disagreed with the verdict about Chauvin's "bad behavior"?
But hold on ... what do you think justified the 2020 national riots? Bad behavior by someone? Who? You mean like the reaction to the Columbus, Ohio shooting yesterday? More bad behavior?

Exactly. Thats why the left hates him. You wont see any liberal actually mount an intelligent counter to anything he has said.

Yeah when he whined about the Chauvin verdict as not being a fair trial... No intelligent counter to that... Tucker is a smart guy that believes his audience is stupid. He is probably right on that one.

Yeah when he whined about the Chauvin verdict as not being a fair trial... No intelligent counter to that... Tucker is a smart guy that believes his audience is stupid. He is probably right on that one.
Thats just you making **** up because you cant make a counter argument. Pretty much exactly what I accused you guys of. Thanks

Thats just you making **** up because you cant make a counter argument. Pretty much exactly what I accused you guys of. Thanks
tsk tsk, you are proving SouthDem's point. sheesh
wonder_40x40.gif

Did you hear something that suggested to you that Carlson disagreed with the verdict about Chauvin's "bad behavior"?
But hold on ... what do you think justified the 2020 national riots? Bad behavior by someone? Who? You mean like the reaction to the Columbus, Ohio shooting yesterday? More bad behavior?
I never said that Tuck disagreed with the verdict. I said that he deflected from the subject of police excessive force. Since even he couldn't deny the legitimacy of the verdict and the fact of excessive force, he changed the topic.

Intelligence has nothing to do with Tuckers appeal. He bypasses that part. He plays on fear and insecurity.

His argument is that Chauvin didn't get a fair trial due to media coverage and protests. SCOTUS rejected that type of argument over a 100 years ago. Tucker's audience is about 99.9% white grievance and they don't understand how anyone could see the world any different than they do.

Intelligence has nothing to do with Tuckers appeal. He bypasses that part. He plays on fear and insecurity.

He plays on white grievance, but he is highly intelligent himself, so he knows better. He just plays to his audiences fear, stupidity, and insecurity.

****er carlson is part of a wider disease that is murdoch media. There isnt any separating him from fox news. Soon as we realize this, we can put an end to this mess.

Stop killing your credibility by riding on the calamity Nazi bandwagon.
We wont be cowed into being afraid of the “boy who called woldf” scenario or the “just because he disagrees” mantra.

Red:
  • Philosophers have multiple terms for reasoning such as that found in the line you proffered; one of those names is "fallacious counterfactual reasoning." However, many folks who lack so much as the least bit of formal logic training are equally cognizant of the absurdity of such lines of thought. Some such folks express the concept of irrational speculation using an aphorism:

80756001.jpg

Just as frogs haven't wings, practicing nationalists don't disabuse themselves of racist attitudes, expressions and behaviors.
The last part we knew already.

Theres a lot of easier solutions to this problem too.

Which is pretty hilarious because, on average, conservatives do not get or understand humor (Cite: SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research). In that study, conservatives were unable to discern that Colbert was satire and emphatically believed Colbert was a genuine conservative. It reinforces my belief that, on average, conservatives suffer from a mild form of autism that makes their thinking rigid and inflexible as well as unable to share empathy and compassion toward others. Inbreeding is a hell of a drug (Cite: https://academicjournals.org/journal/JPHE/article-full-text-pdf/5670C9357949).
I have many disagreements with that article. I don’t think the author understands autism. He is using the same flawed reasoning as Hans Asperger. The syndrome that shares his name was said to be autistic sociopathy in nature but that is far from the truth. There isnt an inability to have compassion towards others in AS, rather it is a difficulty in understanding social cues and lack of natural understanding of empathy and social cues. It is far different from sociopathy. The article is attacking the wrong cause to the detriment of people who are actually experiencing a high functioning autism. With that said, there are similarities though, people in the higher functioning end of the autism spectrum tend to get more agitated when routines are interrupted for example.

all in all, lets not conflate autism with sociopathy.

Yeah those advertisers are doing jack shit until they boycott all of fox news.

laughing at someone you don't even see that on CNN despite they being partisan as well. and this is not the first time Tucker pulled this schtick.
yes I know what they were talking about but being disrespectful to someone you invited as a guest is still being disrespectful.
His guest was telling the truth. Tucker can't deal with that. The only way out is to be disrespectful and eventually cut him off. But his viewers think he tough for doing that. I just think he's a moronic asshole.

Back
Top Bottom