• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TTIP text is said to have been leaked

joG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There is a small frenzy in Germany today about a text leaked said to be that of TTIP. The presentation in the public and private media is almost uniformly anti American.
But the leak is quite interesting, though, not yet confirmed:

TTIP leaks | Greenpeace Netherlands

Have to confess I need to read a lot more about TTIP, where do you stand?

Have to confess I need to read a lot more about TTIP, where do you stand?

Totally against it. Trade is one thing, allowing US businesses to dictate to national governments in the EU is another. Despite reassurances from my MEP, this document tends to suggest that US lawyers will become very busy very quickly on this side of the Atlantic. I don't trust the EU to negotiate this, actually, I don't even trust our own government to negotiate this.

TTIP is the worst thing that could happen to the citizens of Europe and the US. Not only that it´s against the laws of consumer protection and enviroment protection, it´s big poison for our democracies - if it gets signed the big companies decide what will happen and not politics or the citizens.
No Usa vs Europe, ist an evil for both sides of the atlantic.

btw: If it would be a blessing for us - why keep it so secret ?
Exactly! If this is such a benefit for the people, then why not put it out in the open for everyone to see?

Last edited:
this topic makes me quite angry and drives me near to conspiracy theory - I have been on a demonstration in Berlin last year and there where 250.000 people demonstrating. The biggest demonstration I´ve ever heard of here in Germany and in the news came nearly nothing. Why?

this topic makes me quite angry and drives me near to conspiracy theory - I have been on a demonstration in Berlin last year and there where 250.000 people demonstrating. The biggest demonstration I´ve ever heard of here in Germany and in the news came nearly nothing. Why?
Because the news media is trying to play this down as much as possible.

Sometimes I even think all the debates of "muslimisation" and evil refugees are only pulled that high, to steal us our civil rights whithout any uproar.
The evil enemy are the islamic societies - divide et impera

btw: if it would be a blessing for us - why keep it so secret ?
Because everything is so above board that there's no need to actually put it there?

Yeah, where this holds sarcasm I won't be surprised when some public talking head actually comes up with such a tomfoolery.

As things stand (stood) German MPs can read the stuff in a special security room. Taking notes is allowed, taking copies not and let's not even talk about having a copy distributed to all for more leisurely reading.

The whole handling stinks and that doesn't give much confidence on the actual treaty.

Totally against it. Trade is one thing, allowing US businesses to dictate to national governments in the EU is another. Despite reassurances from my MEP, this document tends to suggest that US lawyers will become very busy very quickly on this side of the Atlantic. I don't trust the EU to negotiate this, actually, I don't even trust our own government to negotiate this.

I've read somewhere it opens up the NHS to being sued by American lawyers but then sometimes there is a lot of hyperbole about these things. Today however I read a union leader saying some countries have asked to remove some local national elements from the deal while we're refusing to remove the NHS from the deal.

All strange.

There is a small frenzy in Germany today about a text leaked said to be that of TTIP. The presentation in the public and private media is almost uniformly anti American.
But the leak is quite interesting, though, not yet confirmed:

TTIP leaks | Greenpeace Netherlands

This is what the referendum debate should really be centered on, naturally it barely gets a mention.

This is what the referendum debate should really be centered on, naturally it barely gets a mention.

I am not quite sure I understand. Do you mean the relation to the US or the impact of in general?

Back
Top Bottom