• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

tsar pootler is conducting purges in the KGB. About 150 officers who reported unreliable information about Ukraine´ve been fired or arrested. Beseda

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
the rats started to eat each other !! great news

Their own lie destroy them, The KGB will be affected by a pandemic of suicides and accidental poisonings with Noviciok.

It's fairly easy to see what's going on here: Putin's war isn't going according to plan. The ones who can make a coup happen are the senior leadership of the FSB and military, so the best way to stop a coup is to remove all possibility of one happening before it has legs. He's getting rid of his senior officers before they have time to start plotting.

The KGB is paying the price of putting one of their own at the very top. :D

Someone that is just as manipulative and criminal as they are. Normally you keep a dumb politician on top so you can do what you do.

The KGB thinkers messed this one up.

Someone that is just as manipulative and criminal as they are. Normally you keep a dumb politician on top so you can do what you do.

Last edited:
This is the dictator's trap: you preempt a coup that may or may not have even been considered. The lower-tier officers get promoted, but now they can plainly see that they can be fired, jailed, or killed based on one man's paranoia. Putin can't fire any and everyone -- he needs competent people to administer agencies so that they can at least minimally function. There will come a point at which there's a critical mass, and enough people are able to anticipate his maneuvers. Putin understood that his senior henchmen could anticipate him, so he preempted them. The next crop may not have those instincts yet, but they will, and he can't get rid of everybody. The enemies list gets longer and longer.

Still, as Maduro has shown in Venezuela, if you know who your loyalists are, and if you can give certain people an extra piece of bacon once in a while, you can stay in power a long time, regardless of how badly things get ****ed up.

This is the dictator's trap: you preempt a coup that may or may not have even been considered. The lower-tier officers get promoted, but now they can plainly see that they can be fired, jailed, or killed based on one man's paranoia. Putin can't fire any and everyone -- he needs competent people to administer agencies so that they can at least minimally function. There will come a point at which there's a critical mass, and enough people are able to anticipate his maneuvers. Putin understood that his senior henchmen could anticipate him, so he preempted them. The next crop may not have those instincts yet, but they will, and he can't get rid of everybody. The enemies list gets longer and longer.

Still, as Maduro has shown in Venezuela, if you know who your loyalists are, and if you can give certain people an extra piece of bacon once in a while, you can stay in power a long time, regardless of how badly things get ****ed up.

I hope that a Muscovite slave has the courage to save many lives ....

A mass purge of 150 security officials has been ordered by Vladimir Putin in the wake of the botched invasion of Ukraine, claim reports.

The officers are said to be from the FSB security service, which is the successor to the KGB, with some removed while others were reportedly arrested.

All of those ousted were said to be employees of the Fifth Service, a division that was set up in 1998, when Putin was director of the FSB to perform operations in former Soviet Union countries.

Col-General Sergei Beseda, 68, head of the 5th Service of the Federal Security Service (FSB), was one who is under house arrest.

It's fairly easy to see what's going on here: Putin's war isn't going according to plan. The ones who can make a coup happen are the senior leadership of the FSB and military, so the best way to stop a coup is to remove all possibility of one happening before it has legs. He's getting rid of his senior officers before they have time to start plotting.

Even a dog will attack its own master if he beats it enough.

Even a dog will attack its own master if he beats it enough.

Putin can purge like this once, maybe twice or thrice, but he can't keep doing this ad infinitum. It's not like people necessarily have to assassinate him, either; if all the smart sous chefs he depends on to run the kitchen just decide they're better off leaving Russia in the middle of the night, he's got a problem.

Putin can purge like this once, maybe twice or thrice, but he can't keep doing this ad infinitum. It's not like people necessarily have to assassinate him, either; if all the smart sous chefs he depends on to run the kitchen just decide they're better off leaving Russia in the middle of the night, he's got a problem.
I see you point, qestion : do you believe in Vladislav Surkov´s arrest if yes, what does it mean ?

Arestovich told what means probable arrest of Surkov

https://odessa-journal.com › War

23 hours ago — Former Russian State Duma deputy Ilya Ponomarev has announced the alleged arrest of Vladislav Surkov

I see you point, qestion : do you believe in Vladislav Surkov´s arrest if yes, what does it mean ?

Arestovich told what means probable arrest of Surkov

https://odessa-journal.com › War

23 hours ago — Former Russian State Duma deputy Ilya Ponomarev has announced the alleged arrest of Vladislav Surkov

I found this snippet to be the most interesting portion of the article , which I'm not completely sure I understood.

We will remind, Surkov was called the curator of pro-Russian fighters in Donbass. Six months ago, he wrote a propaganda article in which he “predicted” Russia’s expansion. In particular, Surkov noted that the Kremlin managed to capture Crimea at the expense of “chaos” of Ukraine.

It seems to me that Surkov is being blamed for the invasion of Western Ukraine. I interpret "at the expense of chaos of Ukraine" to mean that the whole of Ukraine would be impacted, and that would suggest that Ukraine would be attacked as a whole. Whether Surkov actually came up with this idea and sold it to Putin, or whether Putin came up with this idea and sold to Surkov and then told him to sell it to everyone else...that's the question, IMO. It doesn't matter: whether Putin is at fault or not, someone else has to take the blame.

I found this snippet to be the most interesting portion of the article , which I'm not completely sure I understood.

It seems to me that Surkov is being blamed for the invasion of Western Ukraine. I interpret "at the expense of chaos of Ukraine" to mean that the whole of Ukraine would be impacted, and that would suggest that Ukraine would be attacked as a whole. Whether Surkov actually came up with this idea and sold it to Putin, or whether Putin came up with this idea and sold to Surkov and then told him to sell it to everyone else...that's the question, IMO. It doesn't matter: whether Putin is at fault or not, someone else has to take the blame.
thats right, but dudaev (the real surname of surkov) is a close friend of pootler, he has never arrested friends before , if its true, its a clear indicator that ozero gang´s internal fighting

ps
Being purged is partially his fault. He shouldn't have helped a Stalin-like autocrat consolidate power....

Smells like 1937. The monster is now eating his own people. No one to blame but Putin himself. Poor plan, poor execution, poor training. He should be thankful more didn't join Ukriane. All of his ships and tanks in the area would be gone. pathetic KGB bully can't take it when he gets his a$$ whipped...over and over again. Go Ukraine!

The Donbas and marine offensives are going to be critical. The odds should be more in Russia's favor in the East and closer to Crimea than they were in Central and Western Ukraine -- key word being should, not necessarily the reality, though.

But in terms of Putin's future, change should to must. If Putin is to sustain his regime beyond the next year or so, it's not that he should win in the Donbas and Odesa; it's that he must win, especially in terms of holding the Donbas and Crimea.

If Putin's army suffers catastrophic losses in areas they now hold similar to the ones they had near Kyiv, that would be an unmitigated disaster that Putin may not be able to recover from. And that is why I am somewhat of a contrarian, and why I've reversed my own position since the start of the war, and now advocate that NATO become directly involved. I think NATO needs to slaughter the Russian army and absolutely annihilate any every Russian soldier and every piece of Russian equipment inside Ukraine - not in Russia of course but within Ukraine's internationally-recognized borders.

Russia cannot be allowed to have a face-saving exit and time to recoup their losses and think about how they're going to meddle in more elections and make more war. The war machine has to be crushed - because this would be a shock, a terror, that Putin and his inner circle have never before faced, and I think it would lead to a catastrophic loss of internal confidence within the military and national security agencies that would erupt into open civil conflict. And it wouldn't be long before angry, poor Russians would start taking sides, and most would side against Putin, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom