• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TSA Workers Did Not Receive A $500 Bonus They Were Promised After Weeks Of Working Without Pay

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A number of airports have closed some terminals due to TSA shortages. The tower controllers are also becoming stressed due to absences. US air travel is not as safe as it was one month ago.

......Protests will swell within the next month if this continues. Mark my words......

Now you know the Republican plan, burn America to the ground.

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

President Trump commented on impeachment Tuesday, claiming he’s unconcerned by the possibility and positing that “the people would revolt if that happened.”......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...peached/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0ad228a2ebc7

if-you-were-wondering-why-republicans-dont-want-tolnvestigate-the-14564478.png

They would rather be Russian than Democrat.

:elephantf:usflag2:

There is a specific cartoon thread for stuff like this. Thank you

If the TSA Agents go on strike. The government will get open within a manner of hours. Protests will swell within the next month if this continues. Mark my words.

TSA Workers Did Not Receive A $500 Bonus They Were Promised After Weeks Of Working Without Pay

“a strike by T.S.A. agents, as federal workers, would be illegal, as was the wave of public-sector strikes in the 1960s and ’70s.”

That seems like an important detail, and federal law is not vague on this:

An individual may not accept or hold a position in the Government of the United States or the government of the District of Columbia if he participates in a strike, or asserts the right to strike, against the Government of the United States, or is a member of an organization of employees of the Government of the United States or of individuals employed by the government of the District of Columbia that he knows asserts the right to strike against the Government of the United States or the government of the District of Columbia.

All federal employees take an oath declaring, “I am not participating in any strike against the Government of the United States or any agency thereof, and I will not so participate while an employee of the Government of the United States or any agency thereof.”

Ehrenreich and Stevenson mention the not-so-long ago example that many readers are probably already thinking about, the 1981 Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization strike. In August of that year, President Reagan declared that by striking, the air-traffic controllers were in violation of their oaths and ordered them back to work. Only a fraction of the striking workers returned to work. Two days later, Reagan fired 11,345 striking workers, and barred them from ever being rehired.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a-tsa-strike-would-be-illegal-period/

A number of airports have closed some terminals due to TSA shortages. The tower controllers are also becoming stressed due to absences. US air travel is not as safe as it was one month ago.

This is what I'm really worried about. When planes start falling out of the sky who will be to blame then?

Back
Top Bottom