• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TSA leaves man soaked in his own urine

ksu_aviator

Democrats are the fascists
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine - Travel - News - msnbc.com

A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

Sawyer is a bladder cancer survivor who now wears a urostomy bag, which collects his urine from a stoma, or opening in his stomach. “I have to wear special clothes and in order to mount the bag I have to seal a wafer to my stomach and then attach the bag. If the seal is broken, urine can leak all over my body and clothes.”

On Nov. 7, Sawyer said he went through the security scanner at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. “Evidently the scanner picked up on my urostomy bag, because I was chosen for a pat-down procedure.”

Due to his medical condition, Sawyer asked to be screened in private. “One officer looked at another, rolled his eyes and said that they really didn’t have any place to take me,” said Sawyer. “After I said again that I’d like privacy, they took me to an office.”
Sawyer wears pants two sizes too large in order to accommodate the medical equipment he wears. He’d taken off his belt to go through the scanner and once in the office with security personnel, his pants fell down around his ankles. “I had to ask twice if it was OK to pull up my shorts,” said Sawyer, “And every time I tried to tell them about my medical condition, they said they didn’t need to know about that.”

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
-Benjamin Franklin

I think this is the perfect example of just how correct Mr. Franklin was. By giving up the freedom to travel without having our bodies viewed by a stranger for the security that a terrorist might not get on an aircraft, we have lost the security that comes from the use of clothes. We have lost both our freedom and our security.

And this is useful, how?

It would be a way for him/her to protest the excessive pats downs for what is a voluntary decision to use air travel rather then, train, car, or bus.

I suggest you carry a gun to when you next try to board an airplane as means to fight back
As long as we're getting that silly here -- a friend of mine has suggested that, since there is such a small probability of finding oneself on a plane with more than one bomb aboard, he will henceforth carry his own bomb when he flies. Problem solved. :mrgreen:

As long as we're getting that silly here -- a friend of mine has suggested that, since there is such a small probability of finding oneself on a plane with more than one bomb aboard, he will henceforth carry his own bomb when he flies. Problem solved. :mrgreen:

Perfect idea, fight fire with fire

If the other person threatens to blow the plane up, do it first, prevent them from accomplishing their goal

And if everyone brought a handgun or bomb with them when going to fly the TSA would be overwhelmed, and no one would be able to fly. Causing the airllines to seek a change in the rules

Last edited:
It would be hilarious if a terrorist said that he had a bomb and you stand up and say, "you lying bastard, that's my bomb and you haven't paid me for it yet." I'd love to see their face! Or say, "my bomb is bigger than yours, let's compare, you show me yours and I'll show you mine." lol

Perfect idea, fight fire with fire

If the other person threatens to blow the plane up, do it first, prevent them from accomplishing their goal

And if everyone brought a handgun or bomb with them when going to fly the TSA would be overwhelmed, and no one would be able to fly. Causing the airllines to seek a change in the rules

Actually their job would get pretty easy because now everyone would be in jail. No more passengers, woohoo!

well I guess that means he has the right to be pissed off!

I don't scare easy-I'm not yellow!

How come whenever a crazy story like this comes up, our self-control goes straight down the toilet?

Maybe because it's time to rain on TSA's parade?

Note what we don't hear about these horrible stories "Tsa agent was disciplined" or "tsa agent was suspended" or "TSA agent was fired"

Unless we fight back.

HA. Americans are passive. You attack the government most will be sympathetic to the government. So yeah fighting back will do nothing but reduce our freedom even more. So please do not fight back, but bend over and this will be over all quickly.

As best I can tell, hyperbolic over exaggeration is indeed your America.

:coffeepap

and a fascist state is yours. I'm sure you whined and bitched nonstop... In fact I remember it from that crap hole of a forum you came from, you bitching about the patriot act.

I guess freedom means **** to you when it's your man in office. :shrug:

In the video on this page, the head of TSA explains that those under 12 and pilots will be exempt in response to the opt-out day protests.

The video and the idea that exempting under 12s and pilots shows they just don't get it.

It also looks like TSA could learn a lot from Israeli EL-Al security measures.

HA. Americans are passive. You attack the government most will be sympathetic to the government. So yeah fighting back will do nothing but reduce our freedom even more. So please do not fight back, but bend over and this will be over all quickly.

Not at all. See post #18 for a preliminary progress report.

Back
Top Bottom