• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

Does anyone have a stat showing how many pat-downs there are in a given month, vs how many complaints about those pat-downs?

I'm just curious to see the percentage of complaints vs. non-complaints.

I fully expect someone to complain if they feel a particular pat-down was out of line. I'm just curious to see if most pat-downs generate complaints... or a large number... or some...

Ignoring facts for your party. All while claiming you are doing no such thing. How many incidents have I posted? Is everyone lying but you and the TSA, hero? :roll:

Posting the same type of hyperbolic exaggerations do not constitute posting facts. People overreacting is evidence of actual fondling or groping or feeling up. You have to first show someone actually doing those things, and then you have to show that is what the TSA intended. You have not done that.

What I object to is the silliness of calling this fondling, feeling up or groping when that is clearly not what is happening.

but the chair of homeland security and the senior member aren't calling it fondling, silly

they're saying it "runs afoul of privacy and civil liberties"

remember?

Posting the same type of hyperbolic exaggerations do not constitute posting facts. People overreacting is evidence of actual fondling or groping or feeling up. You have to first show someone actually doing those things, and then you have to show that is what the TSA intended. You have not done that.

If the government beat you over the head with a bat and called it shiny happy time, as long as the prez was a democrat, you'd be right there calling it shiny happy time. :shrug:

Tell me are ALL these people lying, hero?

3rd time I asked.

If the government beat you over the head with a bat and called it shiny happy time, as long as the prez was a democrat, you'd be right there calling it shiny happy time. :shrug:

Tell me are ALL these people lying, hero?

3rd time I asked.

I find it disturbing that there are so many willing to jump on the side of government in this case. Be it excuses from "you waved your rights" to "they're keeping us safe"; there has been much argument for this type of expansion of government against the rights of the individual. I find it unfortunate that people will argue for the Catch-22 in which the People have no ability to affect the system or bring government under control. It's hard to imagine what sort of fear would prompt one to support draconian and obviously intrusive, big brother tactics against the People.

I find it disturbing that there are so many willing to jump on the side of government in this case. Be it excuses from "you waved your rights" to "they're keeping us safe"; there has been much argument for this type of expansion of government against the rights of the individual. I find it unfortunate that people will argue for the Catch-22 in which the People have no ability to affect the system or bring government under control. It's hard to imagine what sort of fear would prompt one to support draconian and obviously intrusive, big brother tactics against the People.

it's hard to imagine (but easy to see, it's all thru this thread) how blind, kneejerk, 60 second partisanship could prompt one to support draconian and obviously intrusive, big brother tactics against little girls and grammas, the disabled and the dictionary deprived

but it is what it is

no filter equals no self respect

Ah. You're the one who considers any dissenting opinion a "hyperbolic exaggeration." How grand it must be for you to consistently try to evade points and arguments.

Last edited:
I did, but you obviously didn't notice. But here's the other shoe.

Body-scanner makers spent millions on lobbying - USATODAY.com

I'm a little concerned that you think an article on lobbying does thie:

People overreacting is evidence of actual fondling or groping or feeling up. You have to first show someone actually doing those things, and then you have to show that is what the TSA intended. You have not done that.

I have to say you have not shown either. Sorry.

Ah. You're the one who considers any dissenting opinion a "hyperbolic exaggeration." How grand it must be for you to consistently try to evade points and arguments.

Not at all, which is why I showed a dissenting opinion that wasn't hyperbolic exaggeration. But if you're running around screaming fondling, feelling up and groping, you are engaged in hyperbolic exaggeration. Sorry.

Not so much the side of the government as it is anti exaggeration. No one was felt up. No fondling. Object on reasonable grounds and without the hyperbole. Again, that's why I posted an argument that was, IMHO, more reasonable as an objection.

Constantly dismissing the many complaints as exaggerations and lies is not much of an argument.

Exactly. My own grandparents were, ah, frisked. Apparently Boo agrees with anything the government does; personal experience by people being affected by this issue directly be damned, it seems.

Constantly dismissing the many complaints as exaggerations and lies is not much of an argument.

Would you argue that just because someone complains it must be true?

Exactly. My own grandparents were, ah, frisked. Apparently Boo agrees with anything the government does; personal experience by people being affected by this issue directly be damned, it seems.

No. But you can't argue they were fondled, or felt up. You might argue that they weren't likely to be terrorist and therefore not a good candidate for being frisked.

No. But you can't argue they were fondled, or felt up. You might argue that they weren't likely to be terrorist and therefore not a good candidate for being frisked.

Will you be answering my question?

Do you think they are all lying? Including the 38 year veteran flight attendant?

4th request.

Will you be answering my question?

Do you think they are all lying? Including the 38 year veteran flight attendant?

4th request.

4th time I've answered. I think they are being hyperbolic and exaggerating. There is no way what is authorized to do and what they report is equal to fondling, copping a feel, or groping. You don't have to lie to overreact. And as a critical thinker, you don't just accept what they say, you actually look at the procedures and what was done.

4th time I've answered. I think they are being hyperbolic and exaggerating. There is no way what is authorized to do and what they report is equal to fondling, copping a feel, or groping. You don't have to lie to overreact. And as a critical thinker, you don't just accept what they say, you actually look at the procedures and what was done.

Is the breast cancer surviver's tale of having to remove her prosthetic breast hyberbolic too? Do you have any freaking idea how painful, demeaning and absolutely horrible that was for her? Was the bladder cancer survivor's tears an exaggeration? Was he just putting on a show, or do you think he was HUMILIATED because he was in a busy airport soaked in his own urine?? Good Lord, boy. Either you're so full of partisan narcotics, or you have no feelings what-so-ever. I strongly suggest, as a fellow human being, you take a step back and think about these people just for a minute. Forget the partisan crap. Right now, this isn't a partisan issue. It's an American issue, and every American should be horrified by these stories.

Is the breast cancer surviver's tale of having to remove her prosthetic breast hyberbolic too? Do you have any freaking idea how painful, demeaning and absolutely horrible that was for her? Was the bladder cancer survivor's tears an exaggeration? Was he just putting on a show, or do you think he was HUMILIATED because he was in a busy airport soaked in his own urine?? Good Lord, boy. Either you're so full of partisan narcotics, or you have no feelings what-so-ever. I strongly suggest, as a fellow human being, you take a step back and think about these people just for a minute. Forget the partisan crap. Right now, this isn't a partisan issue. It's an American issue, and every American should be horrified by these stories.

Rather emotional rendings to be sure, but not really something that should have caused any such reaction. They weere not fonldled or gropped or felt up, which is what I'm objecting to. With proper care, and a female staff memeber in a private place, why would these things be tramatic? Are we not adults? Or must we take everything to the exaggerated extreme?

mere mindless argumentation: sure, he was humiliated, sure, she's pissed, sure, the ny city council will nix the intrusions---but no one was FONDLED

LOL!

why, look it up in your funk and wagnall's

hyperbolic exaggeration: "runs afoul of privacy and civil liberties"

source: chair of house homeland security and senior member lee

meaning: no filter equals no self respect

Check the video: Gloria Allred On TSA Pat-Down: "I Liked It"

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: "Did they touch your body parts?"

GLORIA ALLRED: "Yeah, they did and it was a first time anybody touched them in a long time and frankly, I liked it."

But then, we all know that Gloria Allred is given to lying and hyperbolic exageration, right? :roll:

Rather emotional rendings to be sure, but not really something that should have caused any such reaction. They weere not fonldled or gropped or felt up, which is what I'm objecting to. With proper care, and a female staff memeber in a private place, why would these things be tramatic? Are we not adults? Or must we take everything to the exaggerated extreme?

You know what, Boo? It's obvious that you or a loved one have never suffered the loss that cancer delivers. Get on your knees and thank the Heavens that you have no idea what these people were feeling. That's all I have to say about your inhuman and vile response.

To characterize TSA pat-downs as fondling is hyperbole-and-a-half. First, the odds of your daughter being patted down are slim to none on any particular flight. Second, these pat downs are not done by pedophiles, for heaven's sake. Third, however you characterize this to your daughter is egzakly how she's going to react. "Standard procedure"? "Groping and Fondling"? Which is it?

Yes! Of course you have the right to protest this invasive procedure. What you don't have is a right to fly.

This discussion has, as usual, taken off into the wild blue yonder.

How do you know that, for heavens sake? Pedophilia is a mindset, not a conviction. Nobody has gone to jail for being a pedophile. They have only been incarcerated for behavior that they did related to their pedophilia. Someone could internally be EXTREMELY turned on touching children, but if they never actually touched one or never got caught, they would be "clean" in their criminal background check. 85% of all new sexual assaults on children are by people who are not on the sex offender registry, so how do you know what that person is thinking feeling up your child?

I can't wait to hear this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom