• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

That sounds like a pretty foolish conclusion to me.

Not wanting someone to touch your groin =/= not wanting to piss next to someone.

Same squeamishness as far as I'm concerned. Also, when the nice man at state security asks for your info, give it to them, if it were a problem, it's not like they wouldn't know it anyways.

I'd like to see him try the same type of **** with a state trooper. Oh wait? Isn't that how they catch drug offenders?

"No, not at all actually."

Seem's you've never been shook down before.

Anyways, soylent green is people. You can all fall back asleep now. The special cow is back in the pen.

I don't know, easy choice. Police state here, or war over there? I thought it was an analogy that translated easily. And that was an image i found in 5 seconds on google images.

...Im drunk I kno....

I am not willing to give up MY rights in hopes to prevent war and for you to compair this is disgusting!

Do you know HOW it makes some people that have been raped and invaded by others feel to have to go through all these things?

Last edited:
And why the thought of a $10,000 fine (and any probably any sort of lawsuit) is ridiculous.

Fines also may be imposed when passengers attempt to artfully conceal prohibited items or behave in a manner that is so uncooperative and disruptive that it physically interferes with the screening process. -- snip -- This policy directive provides sanction guidance for imposing civil penalties of up to $25,000 per violation for aircraft operators and up to $10,000 per violation for all other persons, including individuals, when a determination is made that civil penalty enforcement action should be taken.
TSA: Civil Enforcement Policies

‘‘An individual in an area within a commercial service airport in the United States who, by assaulting a Federal, airport, or
air carrier employee who has security duties within the airport, interferes with the performance of the duties of the employee or
lessens the ability of the employee to perform those duties, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 10 years,

or both.

http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/Aviation_and_Transportation_Security_Act_ATSA_Public_Law_107_1771.pdf

The problem, though, was this: He declined, tried to leave - as told - then told if he didn't then RETURN afte being told to leave he'd be slapped with a possible 10k fine or lawsuit.

Regulations my aching ass, this is incompetence at its core.

See snipped quotes above as to the possible fine. One cop on the street says it's okay to drive away. Another cop says, "Wait." You'd better damned well wait.

Simple screening. They remove bottles of lotion from suitcases. Make sure people don't enter the security area with any sizable amount of metal that can't be identified. Etc. Yes, there is no law that says you have to submit to TSA screening, or "complete a process" when you choose NOT to submit. No, they can't hold you for questioning. They can't detain you. They can't arrest you. They can tell you lies and pretend that they have that authority, but they don't. They can't really touch you. Why do you think they have real cops there? All they can do is keep you out of the gate. A police officer can detain you against your will if there's "reasonable suspicion," (in which case the officer probably would have searched the guy himself). But if you ask "can I go?" - like this guy did - there's nothing they can do about it. They can't even force you to give them your name or ID (TSA, police, OR FBI) unless they arrest you for committing a crime.

If you don't submit to their procedural guidelines, you will not get past the checkpoint. If you interfere with their procedures or exhibit suspicious conduct, you will be detained. As quoted above, you can be fined or imprisoned for interfering. TSA officers are designated as Law Enforcement Officers while engaging in their TSA responsibilities. They have the power to arrest without a warrant. http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/Aviation_and_Transportation_Security_Act_ATSA_Public_Law_107_1771.pdf

This guy certainly didn't compromise anybody's safety. He didn't even get on the plane. These searches are random and voluntary, and therefore do little or nothing to increase security. If you've got five people - four make it through on the standard screening, and the guy who gets chosen for enhanced screening refuses and walks away.

This guy certainly did interfere and slow the process for every single traveler behind him. He was a jerk.

This guys a f*g idiot. I have as much respect for him as I do idiots on youtube that go up with videocameras attempting to harass protestors into something embarassing for a viral video on youtube. Actually less so. 15 minute famous prick as far as I'm concerned. Like doctors dont touch his balls. :roll:

Can't believe we agree, SE. And you make an excellent point. Maybe the whole idea was to get a video.

See snipped quotes above as to the possible fine. One cop on the street says it's okay to drive away. Another cop says, "Wait." You'd better damned well wait.

Except the TSA is not granted that kind of legal authority. Even still, who in their right mind could seriously believe objecting, then trying to leave peacefully actually meets said definition of "interfering with the screening process"?

Sounds like, in my opinion, something that really needs to be looked at, and tightened up - the definition, that is.

This guy certainly did interfere and slow the process for every single traveler behind him. He was a jerk.

Yes, standing up for yourself is such a rude thing to do. :roll:

Granted, it depends on how you go about it, but slowing down the process in of itself can't reasonably, IMO, be a reasonable gauge of interference - how about the TSA being able to hold you for 30 minutes or more [or so they claim] if you opt out of the body scanners for a patdown?

Last edited:
... is comfortable with a doctor?

Hey, if the TSA was giving out free medical screenings with these invasive search techniques then maybe everything would be fine. You know, if TSA agents were actually medical doctors. But they're not. So you can't really compare the two situations. It may be sweet getting a free medical screening every time you go through the airport; but that's not what they're doing. What they are doing is going well beyond reasonable searches in an aggressive and invasive manner by which the government should rightfully be banned from (without warrant). It's time to send TSA the way of the dodo.

Waterboarding people who don't know anything for weeks on end is easier than pat downs....

That's right! Let's target the terrorists, rather than three y/o white girls from Ohio. Let's use some common sense, vice shooting a shot gun and hoping we hit the right target.

The TSA is more worried about being polically correct, rather than actually smoking out the bad guys and it's not working out so well? Color me shocked!!!!

Last edited:
Except the TSA is not granted that kind of legal authority. Even still, who in their right mind could seriously believe objecting, then trying to leave peacefully actually meets said definition of "interfering with the screening process"?

Sounds like, in my opinion, something that really needs to be looked at, and tightened up - the definition, that is.

I'm not addressing that. I'm addressing what is.

Yes, standing up for yourself is such a rude thing to do. :roll:

These people are just trying to do their jobs. This guy just wanted to subvert them doing their jobs for the sake of grandstanding. He's an idiot.

Granted, it depends on how you go about it, but slowing down the process in of itself can't reasonably, IMO, be a reasonable gauge of interference - how about the TSA being able to hold you for 30 minutes or more [or so they claim] if you opt out of the body scanners for a patdown?

The operative words in your statement are "in my opinion."

Ya' gotta go along to get along. Some people just choose to go through life the hard way. Maybe he'll grow up.

TSA itself interferes and slows the process for every single traveler. At this point, I'd rather take the low probability chance there's a terrorist on the plane than to be photographed naked by the government for some sort of added "security" which doesn't exist and won't ultimately help. While there were reasonable things the government could have done to increase airport security, they are now well beyond that point. There is no call for the aggressive and invasive techniques the government now wields against its own people when attempting to fly.

TSA itself interferes and slows the process for every single traveler. At this point, I'd rather take the low probability chance there's a terrorist on the plane than to be photographed naked by the government for some sort of added "security" which doesn't exist and won't ultimately help. While there were reasonable things the government could have done to increase airport security, they are now well beyond that point. There is no call for the aggressive and invasive techniques the government now wields against its own people when attempting to fly.

TSA's the law. Does it make us safer? Don't know. But it's the law. You would rather take a chance that some idiot has explosives in his underwear or his shoes than be scanned? Tell your Congressman. Or don't fly. You have options. But don't be fightin' people who are just trying to do their jobs.

TSA's the law. Does it make us safer? Don't know. But it's the law. You would rather take a chance that some idiot has explosives in his underwear or his shoes than be scanned? Tell your Congressman. Or don't fly. You have options. But don't be fightin' people who are just trying to do their jobs.

Those people trying to "just do their jobs" are the militant arm of the government used against the People. We very much have every right and duty to fight the people who move to support intrusive and abusive government techniques against the People at large. The government isn't the end all say all, it is restricted in what it is supposed to be able to do; particularly when the rights of the individual are at stake. Of course I would take the chance that some idiot had explosives in his shoes. As I recall, that guy made it on the plane but couldn't detonate the "bomb". And it happened how many times? How many flights is that? What is the probability of it happening? Yeah...that's what I thought. Some people have lost all reason when it comes to terrorists. They hear the name and go wet themselves like some scared 7 year old school girl. But I'm not beholden to their stupidity, and when you really look at the situation and see the statistics; it's impossible for the rational person to excuse these aggressive and intrusive techniques now wielded against the people; wielded with the very power and sovereignty of the People.

The TSA is a joke, it does very little now except for make long lines and view you naked at their pleasure. The government, its agencies, and its goons are never above reproach by the People.

How was this guy fighting them? He refused to go through their security protocols and was more than happy to leave. He was even willing to pay for the ticket.

So was that bus driver who told mrs. parks to sit in the back of the bus,.....

How was this guy fighting them? He refused to go through their security protocols and was more than happy to leave. He was even willing to pay for the ticket.

Hey! Don't question the government! Just do everything it tells you to do with no protest. Remember, the government is here to protect us from all the little nasties in the world. How dare you think you have the right to protest or leave an area where heavy handed techniques are used against your person! That guy over there violating your rights....he's just doing his job. So shut up, stand in line, and wait your turn to be imaged naked for the sake of security!

Last edited:
tsa.jpg

An Islamic terrorist's dream.

I'm glad I won't be flying any time soon. Nothing like facing the choice between having my wife and four-year-old daughter photographed naked so some TSA slob can jack off to it later, or allowing them to be felt up by some TSA slob so he can jack off to it later. **** that noise.

I bet Osama bin Laden is laughing his ass off at this, by the way.

As an aside, I find it interesting that the images from the back-scatter x-ray machines would get a person banned off this site if they were posted here. Yet the government and those who argue in favor of them would find such images "reasonable" according to the Fourth Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom