• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

I support the TSA. Flying is a privilege, it is also a prime target for terrorism. It's our civic duty to consent to searches to ensure the safety of ourselves and other fliers. The TSA is necessary and not unreasonable. I think what is unreasonable is the people who want to compromise the safety of others because they are uncomfortable with being searched.

Just what are they in the business of doing?
Simple screening. They remove bottles of lotion from suitcases. Make sure people don't enter the security area with any sizable amount of metal that can't be identified. Etc.

I'm not sure whether he broke the law or not. Are you?
Yes, there is no law that says you have to submit to TSA screening, or "complete a process" when you choose NOT to submit.

What authority does TSA have over someone? Can they hold them for questioning? Yes, of course, they can. They can summon the FBfreakin'I.
No, they can't hold you for questioning. They can't detain you. They can't arrest you. They can tell you lies and pretend that they have that authority, but they don't. They can't really touch you. Why do you think they have real cops there? All they can do is keep you out of the gate.

A police officer can detain you against your will if there's "reasonable suspicion," (in which case the officer probably would have searched the guy himself). But if you ask "can I go?" - like this guy did - there's nothing they can do about it.

They can't even force you to give them your name or ID (TSA, police, OR FBI) unless they arrest you for committing a crime.

I think what is unreasonable is the people who want to compromise the safety of others because they are uncomfortable with being searched.
This guy certainly didn't compromise anybody's safety. He didn't even get on the plane.

These searches are random and voluntary, and therefore do little or nothing to increase security. If you've got five people - four make it through on the standard screening, and the guy who gets chosen for enhanced screening refuses and walks away.

We'd all be much safer if they'd just put armed agents on the planes in the first place, and stop with all of this over-the-top security nonsense. You can't stop terrorists from finding ways to attack us, no matter how much "security" you're willing to put up with. The security we need is the ability to respond appropriately to actual threats.

edit: Of course, the whole point of the "security" is to make sure we stay angry and scared and ready to blame targets of convenience.

Last edited:
I would now be patted down, and that involved running hands up the inside of my legs until they felt my groin. I stated that I would not allow myself to be subject to a molestation as a condition of getting on my flight. The supervisor informed me that it was a standard administrative security check and that they were authorized to do it. I repeated that I felt what they were doing was a sexual assault, and that if they were anyone but the government, the act would be illegal. I believe that I was then informed that if I did not submit to the inspection, I would not be getting on my flight. I again stated that I thought the search was illegal.

This guys a f*g idiot. I have as much respect for him as I do idiots on youtube that go up with videocameras attempting to harass protestors into something embarassing for a viral video on youtube. Actually less so. 15 minute famous prick as far as I'm concerned. Like doctors dont touch his balls. :roll:

edit: why is fag not censored?

We'd all be much safer if they'd just put armed agents on the planes in the first place, and stop with all of this over-the-top security nonsense. You can't stop terrorists from finding ways to attack us, no matter how much "security" you're willing to put up with. The security we need is the ability to respond appropriately to actual threats.

edit: Of course, the whole point of the "security" is to make sure we stay angry and scared and ready to blame targets of convenience.

We should unleash our military prowess upon the terrorists, throw the rule book out the window and make them all rue the day they killed a single American.

As long as we play by the rules and the enemy doesn't, the enemy will always have the advantage. Basically, they're using our own rules against us.

Body seraching a three-year-old girl, in the name of, "not profiling", isn't going to make us more secure.

I support the TSA. Flying is a privilege,

The issue at heart is with the method of security, not IMO the mode of transportation - but so what? Why should one be forced to endure invasive and inefficient [maybe borderline ILLEGAL] screening procedures when they don't necessarily work, and the same task can be accomplished without said methods...?

It's our civic duty to consent to searches to ensure the safety of ourselves and other fliers.

True - to a point. When those searches go beyond a reasonable level - which, I admit is subjective, it is our civic duty to object and protest in whatever legal means are possible.

The TSA is necessary and not unreasonable.

You're defending an agency with a long history of incompetece, with agents who think it fun to pland drugs on passengers, try breaking into aircraft by climbing onto their sensitive equipment [and rendering the aircraft inop], evne stal from baggage. Who FAILS nearly every, if not every, government check to make sure they can keep a damned bomb out of the airport "steril area."

Airport security is necessary. The TSA is not. How is it that we made it 98 years in the history of commercial aviation without it, but now all of a sudden we are somehow incapable of even using WHAT WE HAVE, and somehow need to be more invasive without PROVING that it is needed, or that we can't keep passengers safe without it?

I think what is unreasonable is the people who want to compromise the safety of others because they are uncomfortable with being searched.

The problem is with these methods, not airport security overall - and if blind supporters of the TSA had ANY shred of intellectual honesty, they'd start by acknowledging that you can be opposed to these methods and still want some level of airport security.

This guys a f*g idiot. I have as much respect for him as I do idiots on youtube that go up with videocameras attempting to harass protestors into something embarassing for a viral video on youtube.

Except he didn't seek out the confrontation at all.

<Insert title here>: Motivation of my filming of my TSA encounter

Actually less so. 15 minute famous prick as far as I'm concerned. Like doctors dont touch his balls. :roll:

Doctors also put their fingers in your ass and give women mammograms. I'm sure you'd be happy if TSA agents did that to you next time you flew.

edit: why is fag not censored?

Because most posters here are mature enough not to use it as an insult.

TSA= big bully wanna be GOD!

Doctors also put their fingers in your ass and give women mammograms. I'm sure you'd be happy if TSA agents did that to you next time you flew.

I'm not sure if what you say is logically valid in any way... but it is a little funny.

Because most posters here are mature enough not to use it as an insult.[/QUOTE]

Same with nigger and **** and cracker whore face....?

^^ ahh..... ic. (edit)

I'm not sure if what you say is logically valid in any way... but it is a little funny.

No, it's pretty straightforward. You argued that he shouldn't care about a TSA agent touching his balls because doctors do the same things. Doctors also shove their fingers up people's asses. Does that mean nobody should complain if the TSA wants to do that?

I forget what airline but one of the most safe? They do just that and have never had any problems. Of course it is not a U.S. based airline. I forget but it is one of those in middle east I think?

Doctor's are also qualified to feel people up and do so for a very important purpose. This is completely ridiculous. The security protocols after 9/11 have worked just fine. Why have they suddenly decided to amp them up even further? I understand that security protocols are very important and prevent horrible things from happening. However, there comes a point when it goes too far.

No, it's pretty straightforward. You argued that he shouldn't care about a TSA agent touching his balls because doctors do the same things.

Doctors also shove their fingers up people's asses. Does that mean nobody should complain if the TSA wants to do that?

As far as I'm concerned if this guy is being earnest and not acting up for his camera and his 15 minutes of fame then he gets squeamish at the urinal next to other men.

Considering a smart terrorist would shove bomb material up his ass, sure... if someone violates protocol to the point where contingencies and procedure suggest this man should have a finger shoved up his ass, hell yeah. What kind of bitchboy freaks like they're being molested when a TSA agent has to pat them down? I'd like to see him try the same type of **** with a state trooper. Oh wait? Isn't that how they catch drug offenders?

As far as I'm concerned if this guy is being earnest and not acting up for his camera and his 15 minutes of fame then he gets squeamish at the urinal next to other men.

Wow, and you call RightinNYC out for illogical arguing?

You've compared the TSA to doctors, and opposing their patdowns to being squeemish because you stand next to somebody at a urinal... how is your credibility not shot at this point?

if someone violates protocol to the point where contingencies and procedure suggest this man should have a finger shoved up his ass, hell yeah.

Except 1. the procedures don't allow it and 2. federal and state laws probably trumnp your trigger happy desire to have him rectally checked.

What kind of bitchboy freaks like they're being molested when a TSA agent has to pat them down? I'd like to see him try the same type of **** with a state trooper. Oh wait? Isn't that how they catch drug offenders?

TSA =/= cops, a real cop, if using the wbi scanners or the types of patdowns implemented THIS MONTH, would probably be sued, arrested, reprimanded, or all of the above.

Considering a smart terrorist would shove bomb material up his ass, sure... if someone violates protocol to the point where contingencies and procedure suggest this man should have a finger shoved up his ass, hell yeah. What kind of bitchboy freaks like they're being molested when a TSA agent has to pat them down? I'd like to see him try the same type of **** with a state trooper. Oh wait? Isn't that how they catch drug offenders?

Perhaps you are fine with a stranger touching your crotch. Not everyone is.

Waterboarding people who don't know anything for weeks on end is easier than pat downs....

eagle_cry_bld.jpg

SE102, that is disgusting! Waterboarding is easier? Are you frigging kidding me? What is wrong with you?

Wow, and you call RightinNYC out for illogical arguing?

People were logical around here?

Except 1. the procedures don't allow it and 2. federal and state laws probably trumnp your trigger happy desire to have him rectally checked.

Then what good are they at defending the nation against terrorists with ass bombs?

TSA =/= cops, a real cop, if using the wbi scanners or the types of patdowns implemented THIS MONTH, would probably be sued, arrested, reprimanded, or all of the above.

I cannot discern anything meaningful or interpret this statement to mean anything.

SE102, that is disgusting! Waterboarding is easier? Are you frigging kidding me? What is wrong with you?

I don't know, easy choice. Police state here, or war over there? I thought it was an analogy that translated easily. And that was an image i found in 5 seconds on google images.

...Im drunk I kno....

That sounds like a pretty foolish conclusion to me.

Not wanting someone to touch your groin =/= not wanting to piss next to someone.

Considering a smart terrorist would shove bomb material up his ass, sure... if someone violates protocol to the point where contingencies and procedure suggest this man should have a finger shoved up his ass, hell yeah.

I'm glad we don't live in a world where you have the authority to set rules like this.

What kind of bitchboy freaks like they're being molested when a TSA agent has to pat them down?

The kind of bitchboy who stands up for himself rather than letting some prick grope him like he's a bitch?

I'd like to see him try the same type of **** with a state trooper. Oh wait? Isn't that how they catch drug offenders?

No, not at all actually.

...Im drunk I kno....

really you don't say that was completely not obvious

Last edited:
I think we call all agree on some basic things.
Walking through a metal detector or having one of those wands waved around you=fine, no reason to object.
Walking through an x-ray machine that shows you nude or having some fat guard grabbing your balls=not fine.

Seriously, it's not like you're a prison convict--your crime was wanting to fly, instead of taking the car, train, or passengar liner. Obama, Bush, Clinton--they're all guilty of the same thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom