• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tsa dadt?

At the airport, I would rather be groped/searched by

• a straight agent of the same gender

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • an openly gay agent of the same gender

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • a straight agent of the opposite gender

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • an openly gay agent of the opposite gender

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

friday

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Most of us people feel uncomfortable with TSA agents groping us at the airport. But we take solace in that the TSA agent feeling us up for weapons and bombs is of the same gender. So here is the question: with all the social pressure to end DADT and let gays serve in the military whether the military wants it or not, how would you feel about an openly gay TSA member doing your screening? Would you rather have a gay TSA agent of the same gender, or a straight TSA agent of the opposite gender?

Big deal, we already have gay cops and prison guards. In school, the PE showers were communal. I'm sure I've showered with a gay male before.

It's this or make everyone fly in a leotard that is a size too small.

Save your outrage for when a terrorist makes a child wear an underwear bomb and we have to address that. :shock:

Purrrrrrs

I didn't know the TSA had a DADT policy. So how would I feel about an openly gay TSA agent touching me? Well, as long as he's doing his job properly I wouldn't really care. It's not like I'll get a boner because somebody is touching my armpits.

Most of us people feel uncomfortable with TSA agents groping us at the airport. .NOT SO But we...not all of us.... take solace in that the TSA agent feeling us up for weapons and bombs is of the same gender. So here is the question: with all the social pressure to end DADT and let gays serve in the military whether the military wants it or not, how would you feel about an openly gay TSA member doing your screening? Would you rather have a gay TSA agent of the same gender, or a straight TSA agent of the opposite gender?
Sexy young women, in this area, will be far and few between..... any "openly homosexual", will not last on the job....and I have never seen a sign on one stating " I am openly homosexual"....this is the only way I can tell....not that I'd wish to...

Big deal, we already have gay cops and prison guards. In school, the PE showers were communal. I'm sure I've showered with a gay male before.

It's this or make everyone fly in a leotard that is a size too small.

Save your outrage for when a terrorist makes a child wear an underwear bomb and we have to address that. :shock:

Purrrrrrs

Communial showering at school?
Surely you jest,Thinker....

Most of us people feel uncomfortable with TSA agents groping us at the airport. But we take solace in that the TSA agent feeling us up for weapons and bombs is of the same gender. So here is the question: with all the social pressure to end DADT and let gays serve in the military whether the military wants it or not, how would you feel about an openly gay TSA member doing your screening? Would you rather have a gay TSA agent of the same gender, or a straight TSA agent of the opposite gender?

What a strange poll, count me out.

I think there should be a poll to see how many people think we need to address every issue from the "gay perspective."

Example, should doctors who are required to do a rectal procedure be required to have a DADT policy?

Because I bet there's some guy out there who reaction to the news "You have pancreatic cancer" is entirely dependent on whether his doctor is gay or not.

Last edited:
Communial showering at school?
Surely you jest,Thinker....

A big tiled room with a bunch of shower heads. No curtains, no privacy. It was that way in Jr. High and High School.

Well if I did encounter an openly gay tsa agent, I could miss my flight :2razz:

Well if I did encounter an openly gay tsa agent, I could miss my flight :2razz:

Even if he looked like this?

fry460.jpg

:mrgreen:

Personally, I think only attractive hetrosexual female TSA agents should screen the male travelers (unless said males are homosexual) and only attractive hetrosexual male TSA agents should screen the female travelers (unless said females are homosexual).

I want a lesbian to feel me up. :lol:

Purrrrrrs

I'm a lesbian in a man's body.

As long as they are professional about it, I don't care if the guy is getting off on patting me down or not. I wouldn't care if it was a woman either. My doctor is a woman, and she juggles my balls once a year.

I didn't know the TSA had a DADT policy. So how would I feel about an openly gay TSA agent touching me? Well, as long as he's doing his job properly I wouldn't really care. It's not like I'll get a boner because somebody is touching my armpits.

Armpits? I guess you aren't up on current events. You'll be in for a pleasant surprise next time you fly.

As long as they are professional about it, I don't care if the guy is getting off on patting me down or not. I wouldn't care if it was a woman either. My doctor is a woman, and she juggles my balls once a year.

That's really more along the lines of how I feel. But it is an interesting question. We don't even have to shower or bunk with those TSA agents, but a lot of people are making a big deal about the airport feel up. I just wanted to see how people would relate this to us pushing a DADT repeal on the military and see if anyone would make that connection.

Personally, I think only attractive hetrosexual female TSA agents should screen the male travelers (unless said males are homosexual) and only attractive hetrosexual male TSA agents should screen the female travelers (unless said females are homosexual).

Me too. I guess I'd feel a little better about the affront to my civil liberties if I was being groped by a hot chick instead of a middle-aged dude. :mrgreen:

Why isn't there a "I'm comfortable with my body and sexuality and don't want to be blown up on a plane so I really don't give a **** as long as it's done properly" choice?

And I had the same set up in highschool and junior high as thinker. Big room, 8-10 shower jets, a big open wall on one side that led out to the boy's locker room.

I'm curious what the hell sexual experiences many who are talking about this have had that "groping" to them equates to someone running the back of their hand in a rather mechanical fashion along the outside portion of their pants.

Armpits? I guess you aren't up on current events. You'll be in for a pleasant surprise next time you fly.

And gotta love how much people jump onto media hype and story of the day when its something they want to rally behind but decry it at other times.

The procedure to run the back of the hand up and down the leg, to the groin area, of people in a physical search when one is necessary is not a "current" procedure but one that's been in place for some time.

Maybe the TSA just needs to hire some grief counsellors. :lol:

Purrrrrrrrs

And gotta love how much people jump onto media hype and story of the day when its something they want to rally behind but decry it at other times.

The procedure to run the back of the hand up and down the leg, to the groin area, of people in a physical search when one is necessary is not a "current" procedure but one that's been in place for some time.

The new procedure just started a couple weeks ago. Or if it's existed before, then the definition of when a search is "necessary" has changed. Basically, your options now are to have the TSA take naked pictures of you, or to have the TSA manually feel your junk.

Last edited:
Good grief. At my age, I'm just happy to find somebody who still wants to grope me.

The procedures for the search, to my understanding, haven't changed. These have been the general standard procedures for a physical search for some time. Additionally, its the same search that would happen if you refused to go through a metal detector but still wanted to board, or if you had a medical condition that made it so that you couldn't go through the detector.

The difference is is that now they have the full body scanner x-rays. And, thus, having new screening methods means people can also now refuse to use that screening method. And just like refusing or being unable to go through screening methods before, the alternative is a physical search or you don't board.

Flying is not a "right". The X-ray scanners are not like the comic book x-ray specs that give you a playboy-esque view of the person. If you don't want to go through the electronic security system, fine, you still gotta get checked if you want to fly. If you get checked your need to be checked thuroughly and not just given an obvious place that is blatantly being told to you "we will not check there".

If people have an issue with the x-ray scanners, I get that. I don't agree, but I get it. But this idiocy about "groping" their "junk" is absolutely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom