• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TSA beats up girl with brain cancer

Enola

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
VIDEO: TSA BEATS AND JAILS Disabled Teen With Brain Cancer | The Daily Caller

Nineteen-year-old Hannah Cohen and her mother Shirley are suing the TSA after a Thursday incident in which agents at the Memphis International Airport beat and jailed the young woman during a security check.

Hannah — who is also partially deaf and blind in one eye — set off a metal detector while passing through security.
[h=3][/h]“They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn’t understand what they were about to do,” Shirley told WREG. “She’s trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere.”Hannah was arrested and sent to “Jail East,” though authorities eventually threw out the charges.
[FONT=&quot]
The TSA released a short statement on the incident, noting that “passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation.”
The Cohens have filed a lawsuit against the Memphis Airport, Airport police and the TSA.

This is criminal. Those agents need to be fired and jailed themselves. And they better hope like hell no further damage to her head results from their actions.
Vid is in the link. Her whole face is bloody!

[/FONT]

Sigh.
Not surprised. More 'disrespect of authority' leading to an assault.

Terror wins another round.

This is what happens when you ignore peoples rights in the name of security.

Nineteen-year-old Hannah Cohen and her mother Shirley are suing the TSA after a Thursday incident in which agents at the Memphis International Airport beat and jailed the young woman during a security check.

Hannah — who is also partially deaf and blind in one eye — set off a metal detector while passing through security.
[h=3][/h]“They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn’t understand what they were about to do,” Shirley told WREG. “She’s trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere.”Hannah was arrested and sent to “Jail East,” though authorities eventually threw out the charges.
[FONT="]
The TSA released a short statement on the incident, noting that “passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation.”
The Cohens have filed a lawsuit against the Memphis Airport, Airport police and the TSA.

This is criminal. Those agents need to be fired and jailed themselves. And they better hope like hell no further damage to her head results from their actions.

[/FONT]

Very sad. The lawsuit is for $100,000. What can one say? Should NEVER have happened.

That poor girl...the crap she has gone through, only to be set upon by a bunch of wannabe cops. Deaf, blind in one eye, thrown around like a piece of trash. I hope they change their mind and get more than 100K.

Very sad. The lawsuit is for $100,000. What can one say? Should NEVER have happened.

Mom and Dad just need to learn to think on their feet. If they told the agents she was Muslim and only spoke Farsi they'd have let her go without so much as a pat down.

[FONT="]

[/FONT]

The TSA is where people that couldn't even be Mall Cops go to work. They are retarded morons that are completely ineffective...

That poor girl...the crap she has gone through, only to be set upon by a bunch of wannabe cops. Deaf, blind in one eye, thrown around like a piece of trash. I hope they change their mind and get more than 100K.

If there is a God of Revenge, I hope he wreaks his harshest vengeance on those bastard's souls.

If there is a God of Revenge, I hope he wreaks his harshest vengeance on those bastard's souls.

He was saving that vengeance for people that rape babies but if you think that the TSA is worse...

The TSA is where people that couldn't even be Mall Cops go to work. They are retarded morons that are completely ineffective...

I am not allowed to "thank" my own post so I will simply re-post it...

[FONT="]

[/FONT]

morons...and, then they arrest her. Double stupid.

He was saving that vengeance for people that rape babies but if you think that the TSA is worse...

In my heart, I believe that he has plenty to go around. If you check in The Patent Office, you'll see that he invented Karma.

In my heart, I believe that he has plenty to go around. If you check in The Patent Office, you'll see that he invented Karma.

But that is the next life with a different identity...

morons...and, then they arrest her. Double stupid.

Wrong. They arrested her because they are stupid. Stupid cannot be multiplied...

But that is the next life with a different identity...

In my studies, I was taught that Karma is an entity who is watchfully floating between Alpha and Omega. The Lone Sentinel.

In my studies, I was taught that Karma is an entity who is watchfully floating between Alpha and Omega. The Lone Sentinel.

In my studies I learned the philosophical concepts are a man made construct devoid of any tangible reality...

Beating up people who are helpless is the #1 reason most people go into security or law enforcement.

In my studies I learned the philosophical concepts are a man made construct devoid of any tangible reality...

It's OK when people accept that their fantasies are just that...fantasies. It's a whole other story when they say it's the reality.

I think we went to different schools together.

[FONT="]

[/FONT]

I hope they get competent counsel. to file under the federal tort claim act, a plaintiff must first "exhaust her administrative remedies" meaning she must file a claim with the Agency and can only sue in federal court until after the agency adjudicates her claim. Now if she sues under BIVENS against the individual agents in their personal capacity, the requirements are a bit different. Good luck to her/

Back
Top Bottom