• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Trying to save lives here" Group releases plan to reduce gun violence in Cincinnati

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
After more than 20 shootings - four fatal - in separate events that occurred in Cincinnati last weekend, a group called Neighborhoods United released a plan Friday to reduce gun violence.

“We’re community members who want to save lives and have a safer community for everyone,” Chair of Neighborhoods United Cincinnati Brian Garry said. “If we continue to do what we’re doing and continue to use the methods that we have... we are headed for the bloodiest, worst year in terms of gun violence that we’ve ever had in the city of Cincinnati.”

The group presented their plan on the steps at City Hall to Mayor John Cranley and city council at 3 p.m. Friday.

Neighborhoods United says the plan focuses on six categories: Health, Education, Youth and Family Support, Social and Spiritual Development, Economics and Violence Mitigation.

The health category aims to find out what is in a person’s life that turns them violent and makes mental health resources available.

The education aims to create mentors and scholarships for students in low-income areas.

There is also a focus on removing weapons from the streets by buying them back and tightening policies to control them.

‘We’re trying to save lives here.’ Group releases plan to reduce gun violence in Cincinnati

I commend Neighborhoods United for trying to develop a plan to reduce gun violence. It is admirable to try and save lives however not everyone has the same goal.

The health category should be researched more and more but the insane gun posse refuses to provide the necessary funds to the CDC for gun violence studies and research. We need to pour at least $100 million in federal funds on gun violence research.

It seems absolutely illogical when you have so many people going through mental illness, that they have such easy access to obtain guns legally. It makes me wonder what is the goal here? To save lives, or make money?

The health category should be researched more and more but the insane gun posse refuses to provide the necessary funds to the CDC for gun violence studies and research.
If anti-2nd amendment trash didn't wish to use such studies to push for more anti-2nd amendment laws then the pro-2nd amendment crowd probably wouldn't mind the CDC doing such studies being done. Funny how the only people who seem to want the CDC to do such studies are those who want to ban semiautomatic firearms under the guise of an assault weapons ban.

We need to pour at least $100 million in federal funds on gun violence research.
Michael Bloomberg pours millions into anti-2nd amendment groups and anti-2nd amendment democrats running for office why not ask him and those like him to fund such a study? Is it because such a study would lack credibility due to its lack of impartiality?

If anti-2nd amendment trash didn't wish to use such studies to push for more anti-2nd amendment laws then the pro-2nd amendment crowd probably wouldn't mind the CDC doing such studies being done. Funny how the only people who seem to want the CDC to do such studies are those who want to ban semiautomatic firearms under the guise of an assault weapons ban.

Michael Bloomberg pours millions into anti-2nd amendment groups and anti-2nd amendment democrats running for office why not ask him and those like him to fund such a study? Is it because such a study would lack credibility due to its lack of impartiality?

The same logic used by Tobacco companies to block research on the dangers of smoking.

Profits and blood money over human lives. Absolutely pathetic.

‘We’re trying to save lives here.’ Group releases plan to reduce gun violence in Cincinnati

I commend Neighborhoods United for trying to develop a plan to reduce gun violence. It is admirable to try and save lives however not everyone has the same goal.

The health category should be researched more and more but the insane gun posse refuses to provide the necessary funds to the CDC for gun violence studies and research. We need to pour at least $100 million in federal funds on gun violence research.

It seems absolutely illogical when you have so many people going through mental illness, that they have such easy access to obtain guns legally. It makes me wonder what is the goal here? To save lives, or make money?

Watched the whole video, not a BLM t-shirt in sight.

What studies do you want the CDC to conduct? Are they going to be allowed to study the effect that the out-of-wedlock birth rate has on violent crime? Or are they just going to spend all their time and money trying to prove that 11-round magazines and rifles with pistol grips are the scourge of humanity?

Last edited:

So we shouldn't save leaves because you selfishly want to buy guns? Shameful.

we're a gun culture. we shoot each other.

never gonna change (there will be some minor fluctuations).

Why does the CDC need to study gun violence and research?

By the CDC doing more research we can better understand:

Why so many use a firearm to commit suicide;

the link between DV and gun violence;

Why so many gun owners don't store their guns properly;

ID risk factors for those seeking a firearm with the intent of committing murder.

More research = more lives saved. Even the insane gun posse would agree with me. If school shootings is a mental health issue, why not commit to do more research on the subject matter?

Why does the CDC need to study gun violence and research?

Also, you are asking the wrong question.

Acceptable questions are:

Why are guns so easily accessible to people with mental issues or children?

If school shootings are a mental health issue, what do the insane gun posse suggest we do to solve this problem? There is no such thing as a magical pill that cures depression or suicidal thoughts just like there is no magic pill that cures drug addiction or alcoholism.

The same logic used by Tobacco companies to block research on the dangers of smoking.

I think the Dems. are just fine not doing a study, since it would turn out like the one Obama whined for and didn't like the results. Look it up, I'm not.

By the CDC doing more research we can better understand:

Why so many use a firearm to commit suicide;

the link between DV and gun violence;

Why so many gun owners don't store their guns properly;

ID risk factors for those seeking a firearm with the intent of committing murder.

More research = more lives saved. Even the insane gun posse would agree with me. If school shootings is a mental health issue, why not commit to do more research on the subject matter?

The Democratic Party and Biden are calling for plenty of what they call "common sense" gun laws. Given that these aren't "scientifically" supported, that implies that to Democrats "common sense" isn't scientific, but rather "politically motivated".

The Democratic Party and Biden are calling for plenty of what they call "common sense" gun laws. Given that these aren't "scientifically" supported, that implies that to Democrats "common sense" isn't scientific, but rather "politically motivated".

What on earth are you chirping about?

What could CDC find that would change the SCOTUS affirmations of our rights?

The Republicans are clearly politically motivated. No amount of reason, facts, or science will cause you to support common-sense gun laws.

What could CDC find that would change the SCOTUS affirmations of our rights?

You are talking in circles. You are left with lawyer-speak to defend your position.

You are talking in circles. You are left with lawyer-speak to defend your position.

Lawyer speak is what is used to defend rights.

The Republicans are clearly politically motivated. No amount of reason, facts, or science will cause you to support common-sense gun laws.

So we don't need CDC to study them?

Also, you are asking the wrong question.

Acceptable questions are:

Why are guns so easily accessible to people with mental issues or children?

If school shootings are a mental health issue, what do the insane gun posse suggest we do to solve this problem? There is no such thing as a magical pill that cures depression or suicidal thoughts just like there is no magic pill that cures drug addiction or alcoholism.

Yet you have the magic pill for "gun violence". And yes I quoted "gun violence" I've never seen or heard of a gun get violent. And that pill is ban them all right?

So you admit that this study would be to push for anti-gun laws?

Yet you have the magic pill for "gun violence". And yes I quoted "gun violence" I've never seen or heard of a gun get violent. And that pill is ban them all right?

ANti-2nd amendment trash use the term " Gun Violence" so that they can include suicides in with homicides and give the false impression that we have 30 something homicides that involved the use of a firearm instead of 12 or 14 thousand homicides that involve the use of a firearm each year.

Last edited:
So we shouldn't save leaves because you selfishly want to buy guns? Shameful.

So you admit that this study would be used to push for bans on semi-automatic firearms under the guise of an assault weapons ban and or a ban on 11 to 30 round standard capacity magazines under the guise of a high capacity magazine ban? I am surprised that are upfront about that.

=Bucky;1072499088]So we shouldn't save leaves

I don't save mine, but do feel free though.

because you selfishly want to buy guns? Shameful.

OK pray tell, how is it selfish or shameful? Is it more shameful then buying a 65" flat screen TV or that new car? The new firearm is certainly cheaper.

And we all just KNOW that the Democratic Party is right on top of all the facts and undisputed scientific evidence.:lamo

I'm not a Republican.

I fully support communities offering voluntary gun buy back programs especially if they no questions asked and accept all policy.

Back
Top Bottom