• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Truthiness:

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Anyone can read the news to you. I promise to feel the news at you.

I will speak to you in plain, simple English. And that brings us to tonight's word: 'truthiness.' Now I'm sure some of the 'word police,' the 'wordanistas' over at websters are gonna say, 'Hey, that's not a word.' Well, anyone who knows me knows I'm no fan of dictionaries or reference books....

I don't trust books. They're all fact, no heart.

I'm not a fan of facts, you see, facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are.

And that's the word.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Anyone can read the news to you. I promise to feel the news at you.

I will speak to you in plain, simple English. And that brings us to tonight's word: 'truthiness.' Now I'm sure some of the 'word police,' the 'wordanistas' over at websters are gonna say, 'Hey, that's not a word.' Well, anyone who knows me knows I'm no fan of dictionaries or reference books....

I don't trust books. They're all fact, no heart.

I'm not a fan of facts, you see, facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are.

And that's the word.

Don't you like to cite sources? :2wave:
cr_2026_word_m5.jpg

"My father was a poor Virginia turd miner...my father's father was a goat ball licker." Stephen Colbert

“I don't think he's necessarily a Republican or Democrat, ... He is part of the `Blame America Last' crowd. Mostly, he just wants to get those bastards -- whoever they are. They know who they are, and they know they're going to get gotten.” Stephen Colbert

hipsterdufus said:
Don't you like to cite sources? :2wave:

We don't like facts like those around here pal, so, save your "plagiarism," and your "breach of copyright laws," because maybe that type of far left ideology will fly with the folks over in Red China but this is America and in America we have this little thing called free trade which means that I'm free to trade in your ideas.

Hipster you're on notice!

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
We don't like facts like those around here pal, so, save your "plagiarism," and your "breach of copyright laws," because maybe that kind of far left ideology will fly with the folks over in Red China but this is America and in America we have this little thing called free trade which means that I'm free to trade in your ideas.

I've always thought you were a troll Trajan. ;)

Back
Top Bottom