• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Truth vs. education

exvirgin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How many of our teachers teach us the truth? Watch this video.

:yawn:*yawn*

I'm sorry, what is that supposed to be?

It says that science is based on those which are discoverable by everyone. No science is based on those which are not discoverable by everyone. Unfortunately the modern educational systems project as if science is based on the those which are not discoverable by everyone.

You and ricksfolly would get along fabulously I think.

It says that science is based on those which are discoverable by everyone. No science is based on those which are not discoverable by everyone.
Well..yeah, we kinda know that.

Unfortunately the modern educational systems project as if science is based on the those which are not discoverable by everyone.
For example?

Another thread like all the others... truly amazing.

Well..yeah, we kinda know that.

For example?

For example,
1. Quantum mechanics
2. Higher order differential equations
3. Fourier Transformation techniques
It is a very big list....

For example,
1. Quantum mechanics
2. Higher order differential equations
3. Fourier Transformation techniques
It is a very big list....
These are not impossible to comprehend fields. They're simply very complex that rest on a lot of theory and lower tiers of education. Anyone CAN learn about these things if they invest the time.

These are not impossible to comprehend fields. They're simply very complex that rest on a lot of theory and lower tiers of education. Anyone CAN learn about these things if they invest the time.

How complex are they? Is is beyond the comprehension of an uneducated fellow?

What part of quantum mechanics is beyond the comprehension of an uneducated fellow? I too teach. Let us discuss it clearly and categorically.

How complex are they?
I'm not sure how you'd quantify that.

Is is beyond the comprehension of an uneducated fellow?
Umm...well..yeah.

What part of quantum mechanics is beyond the comprehension of an uneducated fellow? I too teach. Let us discuss it clearly and categorically.
Ok, I cant believe I have to explain this to someone who claims to teach, but knowledge is something like a tree. To get from one concept to the next, you need a stable foundation from which to grow.

At the most basic, learning is trial and error. Walking into a door isnt a suitable way to pass through it, so we learn that we must open a door before we can pass through the doorway. More complex than that is the sum total of the trial and error of your fellow man, your neighbors. At that point, communication becomes key.

If you cant talk to others, you cant learn from them. Beyond that, you have access to the collected knowledge of thousands of other people. This is where you must learn to read and to write.

Without this foundation, you cannot effectively learn about a complex world. Trial and error is fine for small stuff, but the bigger things NEED to be learned by accessing the knowledge that others have gained.

To that end, we learn gradually more complex ideas and concepts. Each builds on the one that came before it until we can start branching out into other areas of study and interest. Branches can grow ad nauseum, we haven't found a limit to the human capacity to learn.

Highly complex ideas like quantum physics are not strange and arcane topics that are out-of-reach of some particular group, they are simply further up the tree than most other subjects. With enough time, dedication, and patience, anyone can learn about and master these subjects.

Back
Top Bottom