• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TRUTH SOCIAL

No, people like Alizia Tyler get banned eventually because they can't keep their racist boner in their pants. I can't post...well really anything of hers here because pretty much every thread she was in was flushed, but she could only keep the mask on for so long.

We have plenty of people on here that certainly believe things that would get them banned here if they expressed those beliefs. They can hint at and whistle at those beliefs for as long as they are disciplined. They cannot actually express those beliefs.
Yeah, she was the real deal. I get what y'all are saying--DP doesn't accept open hate speech. But it gives them the chance to express their ideas, stinky as they are.

Right, but a prohibition against being "open" about those things is to censor based on political ideology. We can guess who's a racist, but if they say they are racist and routinely advance that ideology, their days are very numbered and we can see in the ban hammered thread who they are and why they got banned.

That is a good thing because it makes this place a fairly civil place most of the time. Any place that welcomes the white supremacy crowd is almost by definition hostile to blacks and Jews and other minorities.

How many blacks do you think dwell here?

How many blacks do you think dwell here?
I don't really know. I can think of a half dozen or so who have said as much, but not much beyond that.

I see your point, but I'd like to differentiate between 'political ideology' and basic rules of civil discourse & conduct. I see a difference. It's not always clearly delineated, but it's definitely there.
While there is a correlation between breaking rules of civil discourse and extremist views, there is a specific ideological element too it. You can be completely civil and a racist...and end up banned here due entirely to political beliefs. I again bring up Alizia Tyler.

She was completely civil. Wrote in long, boring academic language. Never insulted anyone. Never used any slurs. Never called for violence. She carefully and cordially would argue with you as she brought up books on race and IQ, went through ethno-nationalist talking points, questioned whether the "Negriod races" were genetically capable of developing civilizations. She survived for a while in the basement and eventually got banned for good.

It's not just about good conduct preventing people from just spamming the N-word. You could only start so many thread on race and IQ here, regardless of how good your conduct was, before you'd either get the basement or the hammer.

Yeah, she was the real deal. I get what y'all are saying--DP doesn't accept open hate speech. But it gives them the chance to express their ideas, stinky as they are.
I think that is important though. It's the open hate speech that turns platform into cesspits. Why do I start threads here and not on 4chan? Because if I wanted to be called a fag then told to kill myself I'd just start a ranked League of Legends game. Open hate speech drives away regular people. Being an open Nazi explicitly requires hate speech, even when no slurs are used. Questioning whether Jewish people are humans or lizards might not involve any slurs or calls for violence but it would still get your thread flushed here regardless.

Yes, there are hateful people here. But the type of moderation here really does eliminate the worst elements that would drag the forum down into being unusable.

since TRUMP was suspended from mainstream social-media platforms Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube after the January 6, 2021, storming of the Capitol,... AND as a result launched TRUTH SOCIAL w/ terms of service that includes a ban on anything that could "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site,..." thought I’d create a DOODLEY whiteboard video to kinda outline the history of TRUMP

Any site that does not allow an opposing point of view is not a credible political discussion forum, it's a group hug.

Any site that does not allow an opposing point of view is not a credible political discussion forum, it's a group hug.
I'm trying to make an account just to see if they will ban me for disagreeing.

Can't get on it. The site says I can join the waiting list. Although I wasn't going to dowload the app, I went there and it's only available for iphone. I don't know who has actually gotten on--maybe some folks who were on the waiting list? But anyway, it doesn't seem anyone, Nazi or not, is in.

Yahoo has the WP article without the pay wall...

You know your social media site is in trouble when your wife goes with a competitor.....

"The glitchy debut also suggests Trump will face big challenges as he scrambles to secure his place in the online spotlight and build an alternative social media platform that can compete with similar sites, including Gab, Gettr, MeWe and Parler - the latter of which Trump's wife, Melania, said earlier this month she would make "Her Social Media Home."
------------------

Gasp!!!! Even Melania knows Trump's new venture will fail.
I wonder how former congressman and reliable Trump toady, CEO Devin Nunes is doing.
The Trumpian "Sword of Damocles" is hanging over him, suspended by one thin strand of the Donald's comb-over.

Parler - the latter of which Trump's wife, Melania, said earlier this month she would make "Her Social Media Home."
Ouch! That's got to hurt!
I wonder how former congressman and reliable Trump toady, CEO Devin Nunes is doing.
The Trumpian "Sword of Damocles" is hanging over him, suspended by one thin strand of the Donald's comb-over.
Couldn't happen to a better guy. LOL

Thanks for finding a freebie of the WAPo article. I should have checked.

Ouch! That's got to hurt!

Couldn't happen to a better guy. LOL

Thanks for finding a freebie of the WAPo article. I should have checked.
I'd like to take credit for my brilliant research, but truthfully, I just stumbled onto it. LOL

Moderation isn't "about" political ideology. But rules of decent conduct will always exclude or discriminate against political ideologies. I've been to places like The Donald and Storm Front. While the rules of this cite might allow you to dog whistle and hint at political leanings, you cannot fully express your political beliefs here if you are someone like a full on White supremacist. You have to mask it.

While there is a correlation between breaking rules of civil discourse and extremist views, there is a specific ideological element too it. You can be completely civil and a racist...and end up banned here due entirely to political beliefs. I again bring up Alizia Tyler.

She was completely civil. Wrote in long, boring academic language. Never insulted anyone. Never used any slurs. Never called for violence. She carefully and cordially would argue with you as she brought up books on race and IQ, went through ethno-nationalist talking points, questioned whether the "Negriod races" were genetically capable of developing civilizations. She survived for a while in the basement and eventually got banned for good.

Thanks for replying in a dignified, rational, and reasonable manner.

My thoughts are that we're too easily attributing actions & attitudes to 'political ideology', whereas I see some of this as basic human respect.

In my opinion, specifically 'racism' and racist behaviour is not a political ideology per se. It is a basic human affront. It may be part of one's political ideology, but that is not it's intrinsic nature. It's intrinsic nature is beyond politics. This also goes for other basic things like violence, stealing, etc.

So we have a distinct disagreement as to what's 'political'. I do get what you're saying, and the point you're making, but I don't fully ascribe to it.

It's not just about good conduct preventing people from just spamming the N-word. You could only start so many thread on race and IQ here, regardless of how good your conduct was, before you'd either get the basement or the hammer.

You're bringing up excellent examples, that do indeed promote reflection, and I can see how this last example runs closer to the line of demarcation between 'political idealogy' and 'basic rules of human conduct'.

But again, I don't see the bolded example being an intrinsic example of political ideology.

--

I'd also like to differentiate between 'ideology' and 'political ideology'. Not all ideologies are 'political'. Racism may be expressed as an ideology, or even be part of a political ideology. But it's intrinsic nature is an affront to basic humane dignity. That it may also be part of an ideology, or even part of a political ideology, does not affect its intrinsic nature. It is the expression of 'racism' itself that is being moderated, not the ideological or political component of its expression.

Back
Top Bottom