• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TRUTH SOCIAL

Germinator

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
since TRUMP was suspended from mainstream social-media platforms Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube after the January 6, 2021, storming of the Capitol,... AND as a result launched TRUTH SOCIAL w/ terms of service that includes a ban on anything that could "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site,..." thought I’d create a DOODLEY whiteboard video to kinda outline the history of TRUMP

Any social media platform that "doesn't discriminate against any political ideology 🥰" inevitably turns into 4chan.

I wonder why all these Rightwing “Free speech haven” social media platforms turn into cesspools full of Nazis almost immediately.

It’s a mystery.

The left wing trolls will burn that site down too, if he ever gets it working.

I wonder why all these Rightwing “Free speech haven” social media platforms turn into cesspools full of Nazis almost immediately.

It’s a mystery.
Anon1: "Hey guys! What do you think about the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Seems pretty bad to me. Hope most of the civilians can evacuate."

Anon2: "Yeah, definitely a tough situation. We should definitely help but I don't think it's worth going to war over."

Anon88: "The globalist Jewish Satanists have corrupted Ukraine with Western influences. Your inability to see the truth betrays your degeneracy. Russia is the last great hope for the White race"

Anon1: wow, this site is fully of Nazis. I leaving.

Anon2: Wait, Anon1 left? There are only Nazis left here. I'm out.

And so the cite became populated solely by Nazis and edgy teenagers

Any social media platform that "doesn't discriminate against any political ideology isn't well moderated 🥰" inevitably turns into 4chan.

FTFY

--

Partisanship is not the 'solution', but rather moderation is.

For evidence, I give you this fine forum . . .

FTFY

--

Partisanship has nothing to do with it. Political parties and ideologies are not the same thing.

This cite absolutely discriminates against political ideologies. Rules like "don't be racist" and "no slurs or insulting groups of people" are automatically going to disqualify...certain people...from participating here.

FTFY

--

I agree, but I've had dozens of discussions on DP about "censorship" and why it's necessary, and part of it is doing what this place does and ridding it of racists, trolls, Nazis, anti-Semites, etc. People on the right say sites shouldn't censor based on "political ideology" but then pretend not to know that being a white supremacist is a perfectly legitimate, if offensive, political ideology, so a site either accepts them and their trolling or "censors" based on political ideology.

So, in some sense "partisanship" is required. If some asshole has a 6MWE shirt as his avatar, "partisanship" would require any site not a sewer to ban that guy. Etc....

Partisanship has nothing to do with it. Political parties and ideologies are not the same thing.

This cite absolutely discriminates against political ideologies. Rules like "don't be racist" and "no slurs or insulting groups of people" are automatically going to disqualify...certain people...from participating here.

Without minimal rules of conduct, yes, you end-up with places like the one you mentioned. Moderation is not always a 'political ideology'.

I agree, but I've had dozens of discussions on DP about "censorship" and why it's necessary, and part of it is doing what this place does and ridding it of racists, trolls, Nazis, anti-Semites, etc. People on the right say sites shouldn't censor based on "political ideology" but then pretend not to know that being a white supremacist is a perfectly legitimate, if offensive, political ideology, so a site either accepts them and their trolling or "censors" based on political ideology.

So, in some sense "partisanship" is required. If some asshole has a 6MWE shirt as his avatar, "partisanship" would require any site not a sewer to ban that guy. Etc....
? DP has racists, trolls, Nazis, anti-Semites...I don't think there is much censorship of ideas here. Just don't be violent or nekkid.

That place is going to be nazi central if it ever gets up and running.

I see your point, but I'd like to differentiate between 'political ideology' and basic rules of civil discourse & conduct. I see a difference. It's not always clearly delineated, but it's definitely there.

? DP has racists, trolls, Nazis, anti-Semites...I don't think there is much censorship of ideas here. Just don't be violent or nekkid.
They don't last long, and those that are here have to be very careful with what they say. There's no one that I know of who's an open racist or white supremacist posting on DP. Or openly anti-Semitic, etc.

Great to see The Trump back in the limelight where he belongs .

As they pull the left down individual by individual , his stock will rise dramatically particularly when they see that 'Ukraine' was introduced to expose the money laundering capital of the world .
Bye bye, Biden Crime Family, Pelosi Crime Family , Gay Boy Obama and husband and the evil Clintons .

Without minimal rules of conduct, yes, you end-up with places like the one you mentioned. Moderation is not always a 'political ideology'.
Moderation isn't "about" political ideology. But rules of decent conduct will always exclude or discriminate against political ideologies. I've been to places like The Donald and Storm Front. While the rules of this cite might allow you to dog whistle and hint at political leanings, you cannot fully express your political beliefs here if you are someone like a full on White supremacist. You have to mask it.

They don't last long, and those that are here have to be very careful with what they say. There's no one that I know of who's an open racist or white supremacist posting on DP. Or openly anti-Semitic, etc.
Open, no.

since TRUMP was suspended from mainstream social-media platforms Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube after the January 6, 2021, storming of the Capitol,... AND as a result launched TRUTH SOCIAL w/ terms of service that includes a ban on anything that could "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site,..." thought I’d create a DOODLEY whiteboard video to kinda outline the history of TRUMP

Just another attempt by the left to control politics in America. Eliminate the threat to their power by getting rid of Trump. Plain as the big nose on a democrats face.

No, people like Alizia Tyler get banned eventually because they can't keep their racist boner in their pants. I can't post...well really anything of hers here because pretty much every thread she was in was flushed, but she could only keep the mask on for so long.

We have plenty of people on here that certainly believe things that would get them banned here if they expressed those beliefs. They can hint at and whistle at those beliefs for as long as they are disciplined. They cannot actually express those beliefs.

Yet we know who they are.

Open, no.
Right, but a prohibition against being "open" about those things is to censor based on political ideology. We can guess who's a racist, but if they say they are racist and routinely advance that ideology, their days are very numbered and we can see in the ban hammered thread who they are and why they got banned.

That is a good thing because it makes this place a fairly civil place most of the time. Any place that welcomes the white supremacy crowd is almost by definition hostile to blacks and Jews and other minorities.

Back
Top Bottom