• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TRUTH Social or Cancel Culture?

Michael Cole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Myself, I call it PRAVDA Social. A platform for the dissemination of propaganda, but that's just me.

People are being banned. I guess TRUTH doesn't mean free speech, as Trump claims.

Former President Donald Trump's TRUTH Social, the self-described "big tent" social media platform that the former president has called an antidote to "the tyranny of Big Tech," is under fire for allegedly censoring and banning members...

...Last month, Devin Nunes, former Republican congressman and current CEO of TRUTH Social's parent company Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), told Fox Business that the app would be a "very safe place" with "family friendly" content.

On Tuesday, the day after TRUTH Social was launched, self-described "serious internet clown" Matt Ortega tweeted that he might be "the first officially 'cancelled' Truth Social user," while sharing an image suggesting that TRUTH had permanently banned his account for "community guidelines violations."

Ortega's account name was a nod to the Twitter account @DevinCow, or "Devin Nunes' cow," a parody account that inspired Nunes to launch multiple failed defamation suits while he was in Congress.

Now that's funny. Snowflake Devin. He always was thin-skinned. He'll never live down the cow.

Another guy was censored for being true to the platform's promise: say whatever tf you want.

Right-wing talk show host Stew Peters also complained that the platform had "censored" a post where he falsely claimed that COVID-19 vaccines were "dangerous" while urging executions for those who allow the shots to be given to children...

..."Want to know what I said?" he continued. "I said, 'The people in our government responsible for allowing our kids to be killed with these dangerous Covid shots, should be put on trial and executed.' Free speech isn't free."

If a RW talking head can't spew garbage on Trump's app, what good is it? (Free speech isn't free. That app is making money. Lol.)

"It's rank hypocrisy to ban the DevinNunesCow account," [Patrick] Hedger, [executive director of the conservative group Taxpayers Protection Alliance] said. "I think they should abide by how they advertise themselves as a censorship-free platform or recognize that striking a balance between free speech and palatable consumer content is not easy, as other platforms have realized."

Yes, that's a reasonable expectation, but Trump doesn't care about any of that. He's looking for a propaganda arm, PRAVDA Social. Genius, as he would say.

Myself, I call it PRAVDA Social. A platform for the dissemination of propaganda, but that's just me.

People are being banned. I guess TRUTH doesn't mean free speech, as Trump claims.

Former President Donald Trump's TRUTH Social, the self-described "big tent" social media platform that the former president has called an antidote to "the tyranny of Big Tech," is under fire for allegedly censoring and banning members...

...Last month, Devin Nunes, former Republican congressman and current CEO of TRUTH Social's parent company Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), told Fox Business that the app would be a "very safe place" with "family friendly" content.

On Tuesday, the day after TRUTH Social was launched, self-described "serious internet clown" Matt Ortega tweeted that he might be "the first officially 'cancelled' Truth Social user," while sharing an image suggesting that TRUTH had permanently banned his account for "community guidelines violations."

Ortega's account name was a nod to the Twitter account @DevinCow, or "Devin Nunes' cow," a parody account that inspired Nunes to launch multiple failed defamation suits while he was in Congress.

Now that's funny. Snowflake Devin. He always was thin-skinned. He'll never live down the cow.

Another guy was censored for being true to the platform's promise: say whatever tf you want.

Right-wing talk show host Stew Peters also complained that the platform had "censored" a post where he falsely claimed that COVID-19 vaccines were "dangerous" while urging executions for those who allow the shots to be given to children...

..."Want to know what I said?" he continued. "I said, 'The people in our government responsible for allowing our kids to be killed with these dangerous Covid shots, should be put on trial and executed.' Free speech isn't free."

If a RW talking head can't spew garbage on Trump's app, what good is it? (Free speech isn't free. That app is making money. Lol.)

"It's rank hypocrisy to ban the DevinNunesCow account," [Patrick] Hedger, [executive director of the conservative group Taxpayers Protection Alliance] said. "I think they should abide by how they advertise themselves as a censorship-free platform or recognize that striking a balance between free speech and palatable consumer content is not easy, as other platforms have realized."

Yes, that's a reasonable expectation, but Trump doesn't care about any of that. He's looking for a propaganda arm, PRAVDA Social. Genius, as he would say.
It's got crensorshit built right into the TOS.

stipulate a list of actions users agree not to do. In this, it lists "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site."

I thought about joining Truth Social, but I would have to lay off Trump here too, or I'd be disingenuous.

It's got crensorshit built right into the TOS.

So, in other words, whatever they say it is. In their opinion, of course. Propaganda. Big fail. Trump is no Putin, as much as he wants to be.

Much like Trumpism's alternate reality, this app is an alternative to free speech. And that alternative is what Trump says it is (and snowflake tissue boy Nunez.) Big, big fail. Like all the others.

Seeing Nunez get punked by a cow and now Trump is priceless. Seeing Nunez get punked by a cow in the process of getting punked by Trump is ROTFF hilarious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom