• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trust but don't verify.

How many terrorists came sneaking in from Mexico, posing as migrants?

Good question. No one, of course, knows the answer. The intelligence chief should surely not be so blasé about the matter.

Is the new thinking from the white house trust but don't verify?

Our president is up and tweeting this morning and of course disagreeing with the assessment from his intelligence chiefs again insisting his 'vision' of what's happening is the truth. How does our president consistently just throw out the findings of his own people?

His expressed view is that of Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Israel, all places with "business interests" involving the Trump crime family. What the US intelligence community reports, jibes with their jaundiced view of their regional enemy.

Good question. No one, of course, knows the answer. The intelligence chief should surely not be so blasé about the matter.

My point, and that of the intelligence chiefs, is that there is no evidence of this whatsoever.

My point, and that of the intelligence chiefs, is that there is no evidence of this whatsoever.

"Evidence"?

How about common sense?

Isn't an open border an invitation to terrorists?

The authorities have just caught a small boat off the coast of the Los Angeles area. Inside were about 10 undocumented migrants. They were from an Asian country.

His expressed view is that of Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Israel, all places with "business interests" involving the Trump crime family. What the US intelligence community reports, jibes with their jaundiced view of their regional enemy.

You talk about Trump's corrupt business connections with foreigners. What are you referring to exactly?
What have our intelligence agencies uncovered so far about the connections between the money and gifts received by Obama and his administration officials from Muslim terrorists all over the world and the policies favoring those terrorists which came out of that last administration?

What about billion dollar gifts to Iranian terrorists or hundreds of million dollars gifts to Palestinian terrorists which can be traced back to Obama?

Last edited:
What have our intelligence agencies uncovered so far about the money and gifts received by Obama and his administration officials from Muslim terrorists all over the world?

What gifts are you talking about ? Do you have a link ? Is it relevant to the thread topic ?

What gifts are you talking about ? Do you have a link ? Is it relevant to the thread topic ?

No. it's the usual Trumpist partisan insanity. He may be referring to President Obama returning Iranian money to Iran as a "gift", as if givng people their own money back is doing them a favour

We did our best to invite the attack on pearl harbor and then hung out the general and admiral in charge out to dry. Roosevelt was looking for a way into the war, he could see what was happening in europe but the nationalists in america wanted nothing to do with 'their war'. We even moved our fleet from california to pearl harbor to antagonize the japanese into attacking us. We had also broken their codes well before the attack. What the executive branch knew and what the intelligence agencies knew, was not passed on to the two commanders on pearl harbor. Iraq was just a plain fiasco that our president and his people lied us into, that by now should be clear. What our intelligence agencies know and what the president decides to do are two very different things.

Your suggestion that Roosevelt who had been Secretary of the Navy, and loved the Navy, was complicit in the attack on Pearl Harbor is a long discredited conspiracy theory.

"Evidence"?

How about common sense?

Isn't an open border an invitation to terrorists?

The authorities have just caught a small boat off the coast of the Los Angeles area. Inside were about 10 undocumented migrants. They were from an Asian country.

I call BS.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-panga-newport-20180612-story.html

Illegals, maybe, but asians? Got a link for that?

As for common sense, consider the difficulty for a terrorist (and I'm assuming you mean Islamic terrorist) to go through Mexico. Language, customs, blending in with others trying to cross the border ... why would they go to that much trouble when they can simply flyin to any airport with a trmporary visa, like a student visa? Or, if they can't manage that, wouldn't they come through Canada instead?

Common sense indeed.

Is the new thinking from the white house trust but don't verify?

Our president is up and tweeting this morning and of course disagreeing with the assessment from his intelligence chiefs again insisting his 'vision' of what's happening is the truth. How does our president consistently just throw out the findings of his own people?

You have to judge Trump by results, not by his stupid tweets or words coming out of his mouth. I do find it fascinating though how many lefties constantly criticized the intelligence services regarding the war in Iraq, particularly when no WMD's were found but, all of a sudden, under Trump these people should be totally trusted as if they are Gods. Even recently, when Comey said just before the election that he was reopening the email investigation of Hillary, lefties criticized both Comey and the FBI all over the place and wanted Comey fired. Now, under Trump, the FBI should not be questioned and Comey is their hero.

Intelligence chiefs are often wrong. Think Pearl Harbor. Think Iraq.

I was flabbergasted when the intelligence chief yesterday testified that the unguarded southern border is no danger to the country. Does he think that terrorists are stupid?

But Trump has NOTHING to base his utterances on.

Nothing but self serving politics.

He is not drawing a different conclusion, fact based.

You have to judge Trump by results, not by his stupid tweets or words coming out of his mouth.

This is ridiculous. He is president. His words matter more than other humans words.

I do find it fascinating though how many lefties constantly criticized the intelligence services regarding the war in Iraq, particularly when no WMD's were found but, all of a sudden, under Trump these people should be totally trusted as if they are Gods. Even recently, when Comey said just before the election that he was reopening the email investigation of Hillary, lefties criticized both Comey and the FBI all over the place and wanted Comey fired. Now, under Trump, the FBI should not be questioned and Comey is their hero.

This has nothing to do with anything we are discussing.

But, I am glad you are fascinated. :)

You have to judge Trump by results, not by his stupid tweets or words coming out of his mouth. I do find it fascinating though how many lefties constantly criticized the intelligence services regarding the war in Iraq, particularly when no WMD's were found but, all of a sudden, under Trump these people should be totally trusted as if they are Gods. Even recently, when Comey said just before the election that he was reopening the email investigation of Hillary, lefties criticized both Comey and the FBI all over the place and wanted Comey fired. Now, under Trump, the FBI should not be questioned and Comey is their hero.

Trump's results that I can see, a tax cut for business and the wealthy, tariffs and trade wars, an unfunded and unbuilt wall, no bigger, better, cheaper health insurance for all, EPA regulations getting killed, heads of departments they want to do away with, appointing judges out the ying yang is the only 'positive' thing for the right. Withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement, pulled out of the paris talks and told california to go eff itself after a severely deadly fire. Bush on the other hand was told over and over, there is nothing connecting bin laden and saddam, nothing. There are also no WMD's. No nukes, no yellow cake, no wmd's. I do agree Comey made a terrible mistake announcing more emails for hillary and then turning around and saying never mind. That was bad. Other than that, why would anyone take the word of a proven serial liar over the intelligence agencies?

This is ridiculous. He is president. His words matter more than other humans words.

This has nothing to do with anything we are discussing.

But, I am glad you are fascinated. :)

All you lefties have against Trump are words. Meanwhile, the country moves merrily along in regards to both the economy and national affairs.

Not all intelligence sources are saying the same things with one voice. Trump is right not to be cast about from one assessment to another without considering all evidences and taking all reports under advisement. Media sources cherry-pick sources and reports they find useful in making the president look bad for their own nefarious reasons but they are wrong for taking that stupid and unethical route. Americans did not elect anti-Trump media hounds to run this country, they elected Trump to do it and he is doing a great job by comparison.

The problem here is that Trump is not following any intelligence just his own beliefs. He decides something is a certain way that makes him look good and then that becomes the truth and no one can change his mind. Look at North Korea or Iran. Anyone with a brain knows the intelligence agencies are right, NK is never going to give up the nukes, at least not all of them. It would be suicide for the regime if they did. And Iran according not only our intelligence agencies, but the inspectors has not even yet breached the promises they made under the Iran deal. But Trump has determined that his meeting with NK has them getting rid of their nukes and he knows Iran is building Nukes. And the Southern Border, well it is easier for the terrorists to just fly into our country and then overstay their visa's than to try the southern border route. Even if the terrorists decided to use the Southern Border, do you think a wall or "barrier" would stop them. Better to use modern methods and man power to stop them, which I thik is what most of our congress wants to do.

Trump's results that I can see, a tax cut for business and the wealthy, tariffs and trade wars, an unfunded and unbuilt wall, no bigger, better, cheaper health insurance for all, EPA regulations getting killed, heads of departments they want to do away with, appointing judges out the ying yang is the only 'positive' thing for the right. Withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement, pulled out of the paris talks and told california to go eff itself after a severely deadly fire. Bush on the other hand was told over and over, there is nothing connecting bin laden and saddam, nothing. There are also no WMD's. No nukes, no yellow cake, no wmd's. I do agree Comey made a terrible mistake announcing more emails for hillary and then turning around and saying never mind. That was bad. Other than that, why would anyone take the word of a proven serial liar over the intelligence agencies?

Tax cuts for EVERYONE, tariffs and trade wars to get better trade for the US, immigration down because illegals realize they are not wanted, Obamacare (the Democratic healthcare) is running out of control, EPA regulations being removed (stimulating the economy and creating jobs), appointing judges which judge by the law (not by their feelings), withdrawal from a nuclear deal with Iran which allowed them to have missiles now and nukes after 10 years, got us out of the Paris accords which were unfair to the US, and with California saying eff you to the president on a number of things the president said eff you right back.

All you lefties have against Trump are words. Meanwhile, the country moves merrily along in regards to both the economy and national affairs.

If you have blinder on.

and I am not a lefty. I am a life long republican who did not sell his sole like the red hats.

Tax cuts for EVERYONE, tariffs and trade wars to get better trade for the US, immigration down because illegals realize they are not wanted, Obamacare (the Democratic healthcare) is running out of control, EPA regulations being removed (stimulating the economy and creating jobs), appointing judges which judge by the law (not by their feelings), withdrawal from a nuclear deal with Iran which allowed them to have missiles now and nukes after 10 years, got us out of the Paris accords which were unfair to the US, and with California saying eff you to the president on a number of things the president said eff you right back.

Tax cuts for everyone, ah, but 83% going to the top 1%. Tariff wars have just about killed our farmers. they are having to go bankrupt and sell out and are committing suicide at en ever increasing rate. Harley/Davidson is moving a plant to another country directly due to the tariffs. The ACA being killed by the GOP for political reasons which will eventually take health insurance way from millions of Americans. EPA regulations allowing the dumping of toxic materials once again in our land water and air. Yum, YUm. And now removed us not only from the Paris Accords but on everything international which has forced our friends to move away from us and our enemies, China and Russia to get together. And all of this you applaud?

If you have blinder on.

and I am not a lefty. I am a life long republican who did not sell his sole like the red hats.

What is not going merrily along? Jobs are up. Unemployment is at historic lows. The economy has been growing faster than under Obama. National security has been great. NK has stopped launching missiles and testing nukes. About the only tarnish on his actual record is the stock market. All the left has for ammunition is mere words, not any actual results.

Tax cuts for everyone, ah, but 83% going to the top 1%. Tariff wars have just about killed our farmers. they are having to go bankrupt and sell out and are committing suicide at en ever increasing rate. Harley/Davidson is moving a plant to another country directly due to the tariffs. The ACA being killed by the GOP for political reasons which will eventually take health insurance way from millions of Americans. EPA regulations allowing the dumping of toxic materials once again in our land water and air. Yum, YUm. And now removed us not only from the Paris Accords but on everything international which has forced our friends to move away from us and our enemies, China and Russia to get together. And all of this you applaud?

In other words, things are better under Trump.

Honest?

i just can't.

Red Hats are so insane.

That's just it. The totally outrageous left thinks it's politically incorrect and racist just because someone wears a red hat, wanting America to be Great Again.

He is not drawing a different conclusion, fact based.

But what are the "facts"?

Millions of Americans (including the President) believe that common sense tells us that we currently do not know who is entering the country without our knowledge, and millions of Americans (including the intelligence chief) feel that there is nothing to worry about.

Illegals, maybe, but asians? Got a link for that?

If I did have a link, I could not link to it, for I am but a computer-illiterate senior citizen.

It was on local (Los Angeles) TV a day or so ago.

They showed the migrants, of whom all were male but one.

The reporter said they were from China.

They showed them sitting in a group.

When it comes to this topic, neither side will budge.

One side believes a wall is useless and "racist."
The other side believes that a wall works.

As an impartial observer, I agree that the first side will win the argument. They will deny the President the money to build a wall. They (the Democrats) will take back the White House in 2020, and they can then turn a blind eye to illegal immigration. Hopefully, they are right that no serious consequences will eventually occur.

Back
Top Bottom