• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's wall segment breached by smugglers thousands of times.

Notice that @Mr Person has a problem with the wall, not human smugglers, drug runners, or people illegally entering our country.

His issue is with an inanimate object.

Lmao @ you trying to blame Republicans for the lack of effective legislation/enforcement by Democrats. It is such an absurd notion that it is an insult to ones intelligence to even suggest it.

Democrats ranted and raved during the Trump administration that if we really wanted to secure the borders all we need to do is start jailing the employers. That supposedly would fix it.

That's not 'securing the border', that's limiting/slowing illegal immigration in hopes of ending it.

We need electronic surveillance with limited boots on the ground along our souther border. Station agents close enough to respond to any breach, not rocket science.

There aren't even 50 votes for it. You think these people are going to have all their big donors arrested? LOL
Sounds like a democrat problem not a republican one

You are aware that the Democrats control the senate not Republicans, right?
We're back to you pretending to not know the filibuster exists, then? Loops are boring. Post something else.

Lmao @ you trying to blame Republicans for the lack of effective legislation/enforcement by Democrats. It is such an absurd notion that it is an insult to ones intelligence to even suggest it.

Democrats ranted and raved during the Trump administration that if we really wanted to secure the borders all we need to do is start jailing the employers. That supposedly would fix it.

Here's a novel idea. Instead of telling us all how easily it can be done, show us.

Dems control congress, pass some laws, throw the evil Americans attractioning the poor helpless illegal immigrants here into jail.
When Democrats need to get at least some Republicans on board to pass spending bills and they all vote no, then how aren't Republicans to blame?

We're back to you pretending to not know the filibuster exists, then? Loops are boring. Post something else.
That's all I heard for the 4 years during the Trump administration. If nuance did not apply then why should it matter now. The only thing that matters is who holds the majority and that is the Democrats.

That's all I heard for the 4 years during the Trump administration. If nuance did not apply then why should it matter now. The only thing that matters is who holds the majority and that is the Democrats.
I don't know what to tell you, I never pretended the filibuster didn't exist.

I don't know what to tell you, I never pretended the filibuster didn't exist.
I don't know what to tell you either. I'm not part of the selective amnesia crowd.

I don't know what to tell you either. I'm not part of the selective amnesia crowd.
He says, while selectively forgetting about the filibuster literally in this thread.

He says, while selectively forgetting about the filibuster literally in this thread.
I did not forget about it. I flatly and unapologetically reject it as a viable argument from the left after listening them blame Trump for things they blocked in Congress. That knife cuts both ways whether you want it to or not.

I did not forget about it. I flatly and unapologetically reject it as a viable argument from the left after listening them blame Trump for things they blocked in Congress. That knife cuts both ways whether you want it to or not.
I'm still not understanding your complaint. You're mad at Democrats for not passing an agenda neither Democrats nor Republicans really actually share.

NACO, Arizona — Mexican smuggling gangs have sawed through new segments of border wall 3,272 times over the past three years, according to unpublished U.S. Customs and Border Protection maintenance records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act. The government spent $2.6 million to repair the breaches during the 2019 to 2021 fiscal years, the CBP records show. While the agency has acknowledged that smugglers are able to hack through the new barriers built by the Trump administration, the maintenance records show damage has been more widespread than previously known, pointing to the structure’s limitations as an impediment to illegal crossings. Smuggling gangs typically cut the barrier with inexpensive power tools widely available at retail hardware stores, including angle grinders and demolition saws. Once the 18-to-30-foot-tall bollards are severed near the ground, their only remaining point of attachment is at the top of the structure, leaving the steel beam dangling in the air. It easily swings open with a push, creating a gap wide enough for people and narcotics to pass through.
President Donald Trump built 458 miles of new barriers, primarily in remote areas of New Mexico and Arizona. Trump planned to complete roughly 250 additional miles, but President Biden halted construction after taking office. The Biden administration “continues to call on Congress to cancel remaining border wall funding and instead fund smarter border security measures that are proven to be more effective at improving safety and security at the border,” said Miranda.

And to be clear: that is just the number of individual breaches. The number of times people or drugs passed through is far higher.

“They cut it with a fair amount of precision,” said one person with detailed knowledge of the sawing tactics who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters. “You have to look really closely to see it.”

I think we could use some of that mixed border security. It's what the Dems kept passing and the lying Trumpist GOP kept shooting down. Who'd a thunk that a 12,000 year old technology isn't so great at sealing a border?
Perhaps they were trying to smuggle in all those Mexican wall payments to trump?

If anybody watched narcos mexico or el chapo on netflix they would be made aware of just how dumb of an idea that wall was.

I'm still not understanding your complaint. You're mad at Democrats for not passing an agenda neither Democrats nor Republicans really actually share.
I'm mad at Democrats for blocking Trumps efforts to secure our border and reform our immigration using the very same tactic you are complaining about in this thread.

At the time they claimed they were blocking it because it would not work and that if they were in charge they could fix it relatively easily. So I am also mad at them for not keeping their promise.

Not only have they not improved birder security, they have made it exponentially worse.

I think I got a right to be mad and im not going to let anyone blame republicans for the democrats piss poor results.

I'm mad at Democrats for blocking Trumps efforts to secure our border and reform our immigration using the very same tactic you are complaining about in this thread.

At the time they claimed they were blocking it because it would not work and that if they were in charge they could fix it relatively easily. So I am also mad at them for not keeping their promise.

Not only have they not improved birder security, they have made it exponentially worse.

I think I got a right to be mad and im not going to let anyone blame republicans for the democrats piss poor results.
Ok, but this conversation is about the idea of arresting employers who hire illegal immigrants, a policy neither Democrats nor Republicans are really behind because their big pocket donors wont let them do that.

Ok, but this conversation is about the idea of arresting employers who hire illegal immigrants, a policy neither Democrats nor Republicans are really behind because their big pocket donors wont let them do that.
Well if Democrats are not really behind it than they should not of advocated for it. Your position seems to be that we should not hold them to their word because they really didn't mean it.

Let's bottom line this...
Democrats claimed that the wall and the policy reforms the Trump administration were proposing would not work or it would not be as effective as the ideas the democrats had.

We have measurable metrics to compare between then and now. The results don't look good. They claimed they could fix it and that's what I except them to do.

That wall was being breached long before Trump got there ---- think tunnels beneath the wall.

Conservatives are NOT fiscal responsible creatures .......

Back
Top Bottom