• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

1. Violent crime is at historic lows

Crime Remains at Historic Lows in America

2. Illegal immigrants commit fewer violent crimes than natural citizens

What statistics actually show about crime and immigration

3. Illegal border crossings are at record lows

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low

Yet, we are to believe there is some great crisis at the border? What's going on?

It's simple. The best way to control people is to give them an enemy to hate. Allow them to pour that anger and frustration upon a common enemy.

In 1963, Rod Sterling wrote an excellent episode of the Twilight Zone about a young political activist who learned to use hate to motivate and control people from a shadowy figure.

Where will he go next? The answer is Washington D.C. in 2016.

Rod Sterling's monologue at the end of the episode is really worth hearing. The monologue and its transcript are below?

Does anyone deny that Trump is just giving the masses an enemy to hate to fulfill his own ambition?

Yes galvanizing a population against an imaginary enemy is right out of the demagogue's Playbook, plus this one:

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them. L. Ron Hubbard

The obsession with building a wall is because it is supposedly the best way to stop the “invasion” going on at the border.

That is the term repeated over and over again: “invasion”
Have you seen the attempts to crash the border down here in San Diego - invasion is an apt description.

The link explains it.
I don't care to read links. If it explained it than you should have paraphrased. If you can't be bothered to make your argument, I can't be bothered to go fetch it for you.

You see, there are these things known as 'tunnels', and 'ladders', and the fact that most illegals are people who were in the country legally, and their visa expired.
upon erecting the wall you'll detect existing tunnels. And tunneling processes are easy to detect. So that's a stupid argument.

As far as ladders go, you can see people carrying ladders coming.

And the walls propose isn't too halt legal crossings...duh.

So if that was the trash from your link I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

Right or left has no difference.
a thousand pardons you're Majesty I didn't realize that you are God and King of what is or is not libertarian.

People accuse Democrats of being "open borders" but they have nothing on Libertarians.
will open borders libertarians and libertarians who are more interested in sovereignty seem to be right and left libertarians and that seems to be the difference but according to the king and God of all the libertarians that doesn't exist.

You better go tell all the libertarians they're not obeying your edicts.

You should really catch up with your party platforms if you want to claim to be one.
party what the hell are you talking about I don't belong to a party. Where you saw that I have a libertarian lean it's listed under lean not party do you know the difference between lean and party?

1. I live in NY. I remember when I was scared to be on the subway at 2am. Not anymore. I see that crime is down with my own eyes. The statistics only corroborate my experience.
And so that's good enough to say, yeah allow illegal immigration?
SonofD said:
2. Trump's claim is that they're rapists and murderers. Violent crime is at historic lows unless you believe in a vast conspiracy stretching decades to lie about crime statistics.
And yet we've had several news stories that prove SOME are rapists and murderers, but since the numbers are down it's acceptable to let them come, right?

SonofD said:
3. Arrests are an indicator of criminal activity. When crime goes down so do arrests. They're catching fewer people because fewer people are crossing.
No proof of that.

SonofD= Do you deny that Trump is fomenting hate against a minority group of humans by point to the violent crimes of a few of their members? Do you deny that this is how Trump got elected?[/quote said:
What part of "your premise is BULL****" did you find vague?

SonofD said:
You may not want to admit it but you're being manipulated and controlled. There is no crisis or emergency. Violent crime is down and illegal immigration is down. You're being controlled through fear and hate.
LOL, violent crime IS down - good. It would be down further with the contributions of illegals to the total. There is no proof illegal immigration is down, we're just catching fewer of them because they smugglers know where our cameras and sensors are and avoid them.

The link explains it.

You see, there are these things known as 'tunnels', and 'ladders', and the fact that most illegals are people who were in the country legally, and their visa expired.

Not only that, but all the prototypes of the wall fail

https://www.fastcompany.com/90290660/definitive-proof-that-trumps-steel-wall-doesnt-work

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...p-border-wall-prototypes-san-diego/992770002/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/6/homeland-security-border-wall-prototypes-fail-acco/

FYI you should really use the going around it argument using the ocean cuz that one's less stupid.

Think about it this way which one takes more effort tunneling through hundreds and hundreds of feet of Earth or just having a stroll.

Carrying ladders across the desert and hoping no one sees you or just having a stroll?

To claim the wall will do nothing is so blindly ignorant God I can't take you seriously. If someone could just stroll through wall you have a point but the fact that they need equipment and manpower to breach shows that it works.

Last edited:
a thousand pardons you're Majesty I didn't realize that you are God and King of what is or is not libertarian.

will open borders libertarians and libertarians who are more interested in sovereignty seem to be right and left libertarians and that seems to be the difference but according to the king and God of all the libertarians that doesn't exist.

You better go tell all the libertarians they're not obeying your edicts.

party what the hell are you talking about I don't belong to a party. Where you saw that I have a libertarian lean it's listed under lean not party do you know the difference between lean and party?

So you are not a Libertarian?

What other "Libertarian" views do you claim?

So you are not a Libertarian?
if a libertarian is by your definition someone who adheres 100% to a political party than no.

What other "Libertarian" views do you claim?
You can start a thread and maybe I'll post on it. But what does my lean have to do with the subject of the thread?

Have you seen the attempts to crash the border down here in San Diego - invasion is an apt description.

I'm growing weary of those who pretend that they know what's going on in border cities.

They should know what goes on and it is vastly contradictory to every Nancy, Chuck, Kamala and phony leftist media talking point.
In fact, it is not only illegal, but immoral to oppose Trump border enhancements because they are not doing so to save money, they are doing so to save their political chances come 2020.

Trying to make people migrate and enter the country properly is not about violent crime.

What's happening at the border is vast numbers of unskilled uneducated people that don't even speak the language here are entering and undercutting the lowest skilled citizens. Not only do they undercut the lowest skilled citizens they also create the need for bilingual lowest skilled citizens. And the lowest scum citizens are likely never going to be bilingual.

The border wall is a barrier and it will force people to go through the gates.

Might be interesting to compare this and Trump's rhetoric with that directed at gypsies in 1930s Germany.

Make America Hate Again.

Might be interesting to compare this and Trump's rhetoric with that directed at gypsies in 1930s Germany.

Make America Hate Again.

You should certainly consider moving on to more important things for instance the True/Not True content of the argument for a better physical barrier on the Southern border.

if a libertarian is by your definition someone who adheres 100% to a political party than no.

You can start a thread and maybe I'll post on it. But what does my lean have to do with the subject of the thread?

Nothing. I saw your lean, and I asked. Open borders is one of the biggest platforms of Libertarianism.

You obviously don't support this very obvious Libertarian platform. So I wanted to know what other Libertarian platforms you supported.

Hint: I am very Libertarian in most of my views. But I am not Libertarian. So my lean is "Independent".

If you claim to be Libertarian in your lean, you should be prepared to defend it. You have failed on immigration.

Last edited:

Make America Hate Again.

So suggesting that people should enter our country legally is the same thing as putting gypsies in concentration camps?

Shame on you for belittling the horrors that occurred in the Holocaust, infinix truly transparent political motivation.

Nothing. I saw your lean, and I asked. Open borders is one of the biggest platforms of Libertarianism.
I've already admitted your god king of all libertarians. So I'm not one of your kind of libertarians.

That should be the end of it.

I've already admitted your god king of all libertarians. So I'm not one of your kind of libertarians.

That should be the end of it.

My "god king"? I missed that.

What other Libertarian views do you espouse?

I'm growing weary of those who pretend that they know what's going on in border cities.

They should know what goes on and it is vastly contradictory to every Nancy, Chuck, Kamala and phony leftist media talking point.
In fact, it is not only illegal, but immoral to oppose Trump border enhancements because they are not doing so to save money, they are doing so to save their political chances come 2020.

Well perhaps you should go and read up on what the Department of Homeland Security border Patrol Statistics say. I know it isn't what DJT is telling you, but it is what they are telling him.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/media-resources/stats

My "god king"? I missed that.

What other Libertarian views do you espouse?

Why don't you talk about them on the appropriate forum? did you honestly think that if you told me that I don't adhere to your definition of what a libertarian is that I would stop believing something?

Why do you care so much about me?

Well perhaps you should go and read up on what the Department of Homeland Security border Patrol Statistics say. I know it isn't what DJT is telling you, but it is what they are telling him.

The problem with people who are not from S. CA., besides the fact that they do not LIVE in a border city like I do, is that they are clueless as to the fact that CA. is a sanctuary state. Do you even realize what that means?
I don't need Trump to tell me anything, futhermore, until you know exactly what you are arguing, save the sales pitch.

Why don't you talk about them on the appropriate forum? did you honestly think that if you told me that I don't adhere to your definition of what a libertarian is that I would stop believing something?

Why do you care so much about me?

I care nothing about you.

You are a random Internet person who may or may not be real.

But you seem to care about a "wall" for Trump. Libertarians are all for open borders, and the random Internet person you are has chosen leans "Libertarian". Libertarianism has open borders as a platform, so a border wall is out of the question.

Ya' dig?

You should certainly consider moving on to more important things for instance the True/Not True content of the argument for a better physical barrier on the Southern border.

Wrong. Style is meaning. Better border enforcement is fine. Trump could have made that argument without going fascist on us. "Mexican rapists" rhetoric is not a useful term to create alliances towards solving a problem. Neither is spreading fear by claiming that Middle Easterners are traveling with the caravan. The border, tho a lessening problem, is an issue that can and has brought about bipartisan proposals for solutions. But Trump persists in fear-mongering, which produces an inevitable backlash. Why negotiate with a man who wants to ignore the rights of asylum seekers, who suggested deporting them in violation of law and treaty, whose rhetoric trafficks in fear and Know-Nothingism? He can keep his base without appealing to base instincts.

But why argue with success? His "Make America Hate Again" rhetoric is a winner.

It seems more than strange that those who literally show massive amounts of "HATE" for the POTUS are lecturing others on how he's comparable to a German member of Adolf Hitler's HATE party.
I can't help but SMH.

No wonder Trump doesn't have a clue what he's saying about the border. They drew him a picture, but he didn't understand it.

kids-primitive-crayon-drawing-family-7237258.jpg

The diseased horde of 40,000 terrorists crossing the Rio Grande ^^^^^^^

Last edited:
It seems more than strange that those who literally show massive amounts of "HATE" for the POTUS are lecturing others on how he's comparable to a German member of Adolf Hitler's HATE party.
I can't help but SMH.

What does the fact that Trump publicly supported people at a rally organized by White Supremacists, a rally with a stated purpose of organizing White Supremacists, a rally where marchers carried Nazi flags and chanted Nazi slogans, have to do with people not liking Trump?

1. And...there is no emergency.

2. So, there are criminals in every group. Pointing out that there are criminals in a group of people is not an argument for anything. You might as well say we should act because they have arms and legs. You're pointing out something common to all groups of humans and using it as a justification to act against them. That's irrational.

3. So, why don't we just keep doing what we've been doing given that it's working? Where is the emergency?

1. Of course there is an emergency. Haven't you heard of these stories of separated families ect?

2. That foreigners can be criminals is certainly a relevant argument. There is no reason to let such people in the country. Why do you think it's a good idea?

3. A wall will help as well.

Back
Top Bottom