• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's VP Pick

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Will be a white male because anything else would be viewed as pandering.

And that is not just my opinion, but rather the opinion of Paul Manafort. In a wide ranging interview, Paul Manafort projects a great deal of strength and optimism while predicting how and why Donald Trump will win the election.

He may moderate a few views — think Muslims — but he won’t and doesn’t need to back down on anything. He probably won’t pick a woman or a member of a minority group as a running mate because that would be “pandering.” He won’t win George W. Bush’s levels of Latino support, but he will pick up enough Hispanic votes in key swing states. He won’t get the Bush family’s support and doesn’t want it. Trump just has to be presidential enough in the first debate (no body parts mentioned), pick an experienced running mate, and run Clinton into the ground as a corrupt version of Barack Obama.

Donald Trump’s Top Adviser: ‘This Is Not A Hard Race’

It's fairly interesting that Paul Manafort is so confident - especially considering how little Trump Senior Press Representative Healy Baumgarder knows about her own boss or his actual position....for the second week in a row.

This election cycle is like watching a meteor hurtling towards Earth and the scientists telling us that there is about a 45% chance that the meteor destroys us all and all we can do is laugh and try to enjoy ourselves.

So you figure it would be better if he did pander?

Anyway, I already predicted that he'd choose an old white guy. Somewhere around here is my Bernie Sanders as Trump's VP post.

So you figure it would be better if he did pander?

Anyway, I already predicted that he'd choose an old white guy. Somewhere around here is my Bernie Sanders as Trump's VP post.

I never implied that I wanted him to pander. I just find it interesting that the Trump campaign's opinion is that a selection of anyone that is not a white male would be considered pandering.

I never implied that I wanted him to pander. I just find it interesting that the Trump campaign's opinion is that a selection of anyone that is not a white male would be considered pandering.

Meh. It's just a commentary on the current political climate. For the last bunch of years it's been important to put a woman or a person of color or a homosexual or some other demographic in a visible political position. Hell, Hillary began her campaign on EXACTLY that strategy. It's like the whole damned political structure rediscovered the old "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then just baffle them with bull****" trope and said to themselves "Hey!! We've got bull**** by the truckload. I see success in our future!"

People who will vote for Trump don't care if he panders. They don't care if he lies or flip flops in the span of minutes. They will just view it as Trump doing whatever he needs to do to get elected. Once he is elected, however he makes it happen, his supporters believe he will make Anerica great again so everything else is just a means unto an end.

The very premise of picking a VP, for a good long time now, has been for the purpose of pandering.

Leftists are scared spitless of DJT. And it's funny as hell. :lamo

Any rational human being should be concerned about Trump. Fear keeps you from doing something stupid, which is why Trump supporters have no fear about the consequences of their actions.

And that is not just my opinion, but rather the opinion of Paul Manafort. In a wide ranging interview, Paul Manafort projects a great deal of strength and optimism while predicting how and why Donald Trump will win the election.

It's fairly interesting that Paul Manafort is so confident - especially considering how little Trump Senior Press Representative Healy Baumgarder knows about her own boss or his actual position....for the second week in a row.

This election cycle is like watching a meteor hurtling towards Earth and the scientists telling us that there is about a 45% chance that the meteor destroys us all and all we can do is laugh and try to enjoy ourselves.

Funny, you sound just like those on the Right who say similar things about Trump. Relax and enjoy the departure from the status quo.

Scared? No. If Hillary lives through the second week of November, she will win the election. Trump hasn't faced a single opponent yet with the wherewithal to expose him for all his idiocy during the debates. That, and once the Democratic Convention is over and Sanders endorses Hillary, the Democratic party will unite as both parties always have...and THEN President Obama - who is still very popular among Democrats (has something to do with his being one of the best presidents we've ever had) - will start campaigning for Hillary...

...and it's all over but the Right's crying, bitching, moaning, and (utterly baseless) allegations of rampant voter fraud.

See you in November!

P.S. The ones who are scared crapless of Trump...are the downballot Republican candidates.

Any rational human being should be concerned about Trump. Fear keeps you from doing something stupid, which is why Trump supporters have no fear about the consequences of their actions.
No, no, no. Any rational person wouldn't vote for an obviously corrupt politician or an admitted commie. I mean really? And for the record. I have never said I am a DJT supporter. In fact, I'm not living in fear over who becomes the president. I figure it doesn't really matter. I and my family will prosper regardless although it would be nice NOT to have a radical leftist in the WH. Hope this sets you straight.

Scared? No. If Hillary lives through the second week of November, she will win the election. Trump hasn't faced a single opponent yet with the wherewithal to expose him for all his idiocy during the debates. That, and once the Democratic Convention is over and Sanders endorses Hillary, the Democratic party will unite as both parties always have...and THEN President Obama - who is still very popular among Democrats (has something to do with his being one of the best presidents we've ever had) - will start campaigning for Hillary...

...and it's all over but the Right's crying, bitching, moaning, and (utterly baseless) allegations of rampant voter fraud.

See you in November!

P.S. The ones who are scared crapless of Trump...are the downballot Republican candidates.

See post 16.

You must love gov't corruption. Congratulations, you're a leftist. LMAO

According to Barry, so are the leaders of the world. :2razz:

Yeah, that's right. lol But that's according to a known marxist who has no problem lying out his a$$ to the American people.

I disagree with both of your statements. First of all, I'm not too concerned about Trump (even though I don't like him) because the status quo isn't sustainable, either. So either Trump will do something bad that will break something or, maybe somehow does something good, it will break later on down the road on our current trajectory.

Secondly, fear is what causes people to do stupid stuff. Much more stupid stuff then they would ever do when thinking rationally. Fear of terrorism has been peddled for so long by our government and used as an excuse for the various things they are doing to us and others around the world.

What pick wouldn't be pandering? Every VP pick is made with getting votes in mind.

position available

no women or minorities need apply

So if Trump chooses a woman or a minority, he's pandering. But if chooses a white man, he's a racist... Am I right???

Leftists are scared of him because he says all those politically incorrect things (they are also vulgar, uncivil and happen to be lies, but that never bothered leftists, as long as they are the ones speaking).

However, everybody should be scared of the prospect of this jerk becoming President - because he is obviously unfit for the office, ignorant of elementary things, and has authoritarian impulses combined with utter contempt to constitutional limits and individual rights. Libertarians and (real) conservatives should be especially scared, because he is a cynical populist appealing to the basest collectivist instincts, and the few policies he is consistently promoting are anti-capitalist and anti-freedom.

What pick wouldn't be pandering? Every VP pick is made with getting votes in mind.

So very true.

And all of this of course begs the question, "What happened to just picking the VP who can do the best job regardless of their sex or race?"

Back
Top Bottom