• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's tweets

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Does anyone else read Trump's tweets? Here's a place to post, discuss, and cuss them:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Following Following @realDonaldTrump
More
Leakin’ James Comey must have set a record for who lied the most to Congress in one day. His Friday testimony was so untruthful! This whole deal is a Rigged Fraud headed up by dishonest people who would do anything so that I could not become President. They are now exposed!

5:53 AM - 9 Dec 2018

Well, he did plead guilty to lying to Congress, so you do have a point there. Now, why again do you call him "leakin' James Comey?" What facts has he leaked by admitting to having lied to Congress again?

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
More
Watched Da Nang Dick Blumenthal on television spewing facts almost as accurate as his bravery in Vietnam (which he never saw). As the bullets whizzed by Da Nang Dicks head, as he was saving soldiers....

10:58 AM - 8 Dec 2018
17,103 Retweets 67,307 Likes Kevin JohnsonMark WilliamsChipIssyKNationalist 4 TrumpJaime SaidenstatJane Watson ⭐⭐⭐ItsTENBuy American 🇺🇸👌
25,152 replies 17,103 retweets 67,307 likes
Reply 25K Retweet 17K Like 67K Direct message
John CameronTweet text

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
22h22 hours ago
More
....left and right, he then woke up from his dream screaming that HE LIED. Next time I go to Vietnam I will ask “the Dick” to travel with me!

That's a great contrast to your own heroic service in Vietnam, Mr. President.

Now, why again do you call him "leakin' James Comey?"

Comey admitted to the Senate Intelligence Committee that he gave his memos of a confidential...perhaps classified...meeting, without the President's knowledge, to a third party and instructed that third party to leak them to the media.

Yeah...I'd say that's justification for calling him "leakin' James Comey".

Does anyone else read Trump's tweets? Here's a place to post, discuss, and cuss them:

Well, he did plead guilty to lying to Congress, so you do have a point there. Now, why again do you call him "leakin' James Comey?" What facts has he leaked by admitting to having lied to Congress again?

Yes, I’m one of his subscribers. Always good for a daily laugh.

Comey admitted to the Senate Intelligence Committee that he gave his memos of a confidential...perhaps classified...meeting, without the President's knowledge, to a third party and instructed that third party to leak them to the media.

What you describe is illegal. Why hasn’t Trump, the Republican Senate or the Republican House done anything about it?

What you describe is illegal. Why hasn’t Trump, the Republican Senate or the Republican House done anything about it?

If Trump has done anything illegal, why hasn't anyone done anything about it?

Wait...what? Comey pleaded guilty to lying to congress? When did that happen?

Those were his own personal notes of a two party conversation.

Hell he could have called a press conference and read them out loud to the world and it would not have been "leaking". They were his to do with as he pleased, and as a public employee, not a trump employee, he did the proper thing.

It's up to Trump's DOJ to deal with it. They have been publicly avoiding it.

The Senate and House can only investigate. In order to investigate, they are constrained by the information they are given. That information comes from the FBI and the DOJ. And even then, they can't do anything except recommend that someone gets prosecuted. That recommendation goes to the DOJ.

Those were his own personal notes of a two party conversation.

Hell he could have called a press conference and read them out loud to the world and it would not have been "leaking". They were his to do with as he pleased, and as a public employee, not a trump employee, he did the proper thing.

You are not correct, for various reasons, not least is that "Standard FBI procedure dictates that all records created during official duties are government property, not to be disclosed without specific authorization." https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/trump-may-not-be-totally-wrong-about-prosecuting-comey/ This is made even more serious if classified information was passed, by Comey, to a third party.

You are not correct, for various reasons, not least is that "Standard FBI procedure dictates that all records created during official duties are government property, not to be disclosed without specific authorization." https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/trump-may-not-be-totally-wrong-about-prosecuting-comey/ This is made even more serious if classified information was passed, by Comey, to a third party.
Comeys actions directly led to the appointment of Mueller.

Comey will go down in history as an American hero who instigated the investigation of the most corrupt president in American history.

He actually took his oath to protect his country from all enemies foreign and domestic.

He obviously believes trump is a true threat and risked his life and reputation to make that Information public.

Also he had enough inside information that he may not have been convinced that trump was not even a legitimate president, therefore he was just questioning another "purp"...

Comeys actions directly led to the appointment of Mueller.

Comey certainly took advantage of the Mueller investigation in this latest hearing. It was his major reason for not answering the really important questions posed to him.

I think this cover technique is one of two primary reasons he leaked to the media to...as he said, prompt the creation of the special counsel investigation.

Wait...what? Comey pleaded guilty to lying to congress? When did that happen?

My bad. It was Michael Flynn who plead guilty. Sometimes, it's hard to keep all of the various players in this little drama straight.

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
More
Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!

When will Mexico finally come through with the pesos needed to build that wall? We're being invaded! Big danger!!

He is a very very sad man. For the past two years it was funny, but now it's just sad. I have unfollowed the great orange grinch b/c I have followed enough journalists or people in the media to get whatever stupid thing he says next from them. I do not need it or want it directly from the source...

If Trump has done anything illegal, why hasn't anyone done anything about it?

I think that you'll get your wish sooner rather than later. While I initially thought that Trump wasn't directly involved and that it'd be Junior and/or Jared being indicted, now it appears Trump himself is in danger of facing felony charges. Not even the most radical RW members of the RNC will be willing to look the other way if strong evidence is presented that Trump is guilty of campaign finance or other felony crimes.

The Senate and House can only investigate. In order to investigate, they are constrained by the information they are given. That information comes from the FBI and the DOJ. And even then, they can't do anything except recommend that someone gets prosecuted. That recommendation goes to the DOJ.

Congress holds the purse strings. If they don't get what they want, they'll tug on those strings. They haven't. Why? My guess is because they, at least the appropriate committees, already know the answers.

Congress holds the purse strings. If they don't get what they want, they'll tug on those strings. They haven't. Why? My guess is because they, at least the appropriate committees, already know the answers.

Congress...under the Reps...doesn't want to "tug on those strings". Heck, who's strings would you have suggested they tug? Under the Dems, Congress doesn't even want to ask questions.

Of course, the committees know the answers. They cannot tell you what the answers are, though.

Congress...under the Reps...doesn't want to "tug on those strings". Heck, who's strings would you have suggested they tug? Under the Dems, Congress doesn't even want to ask questions.

Of course, the committees know the answers. They cannot tell you what the answers are, though.
You might want to review the Constitution and who works for whom. Here, let me help you educate yourself:

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

BBC NEWS
government_system_inf629_3.gif

https://www.slideshare.net/mollynic...overnment-structure-for-international-student

This one might work better for some: https://www.mrnussbaum.com/government/

That's false, more Mycroft lies, without any facts, because you never, ever, stick to the facts.

It's currently under investigation by the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General, has been since June. Trump is screwing with an ongoing investigation yet again, as the "ass-head" of the executive branch, not good. You cheer him on, and lie, all in one sentence. Deplorable posting.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-ig-looking-into-james-comey-leaks
The Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General is looking into former FBI Director James Comey’s decision to give his personal memos to a friend outside the government.

"We received a referral on that from the FBI. We are handling that referral and we will issue a report when the matter is completed,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said during testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

That's false, more Mycroft lies, without any facts, because you never, ever, stick to the facts.

It's currently under investigation by the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General, has been since June. Trump is screwing with an ongoing investigation yet again, as the "ass-head" of the executive branch, not good. You cheer him on, and lie, all in one sentence. Deplorable posting.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-ig-looking-into-james-comey-leaks

An investigation by the IG is not the same as dealing with illegal activity. It is simply an investigation. Heck, the IG also investigated McCabe and recommended legal action against him. Are you aware of any public announcements of McCabe being charged with a crime?

Back
Top Bottom