• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Taxes: Trump argues seeing them would cause Trump irreparable harm.

How would they cause harm to Trump? Surely he's not hiding anything.

How would they cause harm to Trump?

Massive lying and fraud.

And the abortions he paid for that he expensed (along with his mistress' condos).

"Irreparable harm"...that's almost as good as a guilty plea.

"Irreparable harm"...that's almost as good as a guilty plea.

we should start a pool. see who can guess the most egregious crimes that come from his tax returns (they will spin off hundreds of investigations).

my guess is Russian Mafia stuff. it won't directly be in his returns but they will start the years long investigation to see how he channeled payments to them.

Let's see them anyway.

I don't see why...

I mean come on...

What could possibly be in those returns that could hurt him at this point, given what he's done and given where the country sits today.

There's nothing he's done and nothing he can do at this point that will seemingly affect almost any voters.

In any sane universe, where 35-40% of the American Adult population are barely capable of thought got a proper education... Biden should be looking at a 1984 clean sweep.

But no...

So there's absolutely no reason to believe these tax returns will hurt him in any way, shape or form.

I can see how getting arrested for bank fraud qualifies as "irreparable harm...."

It's all BS delay tactics, and I seriously doubt it's going to work.

If the NYAG is correct the loan forgiveness was most likely not reported as income and no taxes paid on it. If true, it would show that Trump cheated on his taxes.

"New York’s attorney general is trying to answer one of the most perplexing questions surrounding the troubled financing of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago: whether President Donald Trump failed to pay taxes on a $100 million loan deal related to the project.

When a lender forgives a loan, the borrower is likely responsible for reporting that money as taxable income, tax experts said. "
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...0200827-y6ya5myosvcvxf3npg66tvt3ja-story.html

normally I look at the statements of this president's attorneys and assume they are gross exaggerations, but I am willing to stipulate that his legal counsel are in the best position to know, and they may be telling the absolute truth.

Life sucks for Trump's attorneys. It really does. He's the worst kind of client to have, and to think they might get stiffed on the bill and then see a cross complaint when they are forced to sue.

Really, my thoughts and prayers are with these particular 1% ers.

Last edited:
I think Trump is playing with them, with all the Obama holdovers and Trump haters in the IRS ... his tax returns for the last 50 years would have been leaked

How would they cause harm to Trump? Surely he's not hiding anything.

It doesn't have to be anything illegal but something the democrats would use as a political tool in the election. The legal deductions he may have taken will be used as an issue by democrats whether they are legal or not.

It doesn't have to be anything illegal but something the democrats would use as a political tool in the election. The legal deductions he may have taken will be used as an issue by democrats whether they are legal or not.

You like pretzels?

Yes, I'm sure Trump is quite concerned with his "legal deductions".

lol

Trump pushes to keep tax returns from NY prosecutor, eyes possible Supreme Court appeal - Reuters

"The filing said enforcing the subpoena would cause Trump irreparable harm."

Uh oh.

Win or lose this President is probably toast.

He's won as far as keeping the records secret through the election. He'll just keep filing appeals and unless the courts grow a spine and just refuse to hear the appeals, leaving the lower court rulings intact and enforceable, there's no chance anything is resolved in the next couple of months.

And if he wins, the odds of the Senate impeaching him over any of this stuff is also 0%. So it just doesn't matter at this point. Most of us know he's a crook and are voting against him. We'll see if he can scratch out an EC win despite that. I'm afraid he will, actually. The GOP officially embraces the lawlessness by their party's leader. It is in every real respect the Trump party now, and the GOP just do not care about anything anymore except that Trump wins and the GOP controls the Senate. It's disgusting and depressing, but that's where we are.

In normal times, the idea of a sitting president using the WH as a political backdrop for the convention is unthinkable, just to pick one example. I might have missed people in the GOP caring but they didn't care much. It's not only illegal, but it's to crap on the idea that the WH does not belong to a party but to the American people, as a whole, regardless of party or no party. That principle meant something to the GOP and now it does not.

It's why it's important to vote Trump out, but he's not the actual problem. The RNC could have simply said No to that request. They didn't. That's the pattern. Those not Trump are happily and cheerfully facilitating every act. They're the real problem IMO. Trump is who he is, and he's never pretended to be anyone else, someone who doesn't care about anything, the office of the Presidency, tradition, decorum, honesty, the idea he represents ALL of us. He's proudly ignorant, lazy, and doesn't care to learn because none of it matters to him. It's the GOP that's embraced that attitude with both arms that's the real problem.

we should start a pool. see who can guess the most egregious crimes that come from his tax returns (they will spin off hundreds of investigations).

my guess is Russian Mafia stuff. it won't directly be in his returns but they will start the years long investigation to see how he channeled payments to them.

Bank and tax fraud...and money laundering.

Just so I’m clear....the new standard for allowing evidence is “if it causes irreparable harm to the defendant, it’s not allowed to be admitted”?

Or does that depend upon the political affiliation of said defendant?

If the NYAG is correct the loan forgiveness was most likely not reported as income and no taxes paid on it. If true, it would show that Trump cheated on his taxes.

"New York’s attorney general is trying to answer one of the most perplexing questions surrounding the troubled financing of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago: whether President Donald Trump failed to pay taxes on a $100 million loan deal related to the project.

When a lender forgives a loan, the borrower is likely responsible for reporting that money as taxable income, tax experts said. "
New York attorney general probing Trump Tower Chicago loan - Chicago Tribune

You think the IRS would have missed that?

Back
Top Bottom