• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trumps Tax returns,

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
It may not be over in court yet because the last thing that the pond scum wants is his tax returns made public, it will ,once scrutinized, bring criminal charges. I said once he left office he will be spending the rest of his life in court or in jail and the joy of watching that is at the top of every patriots list.

Don't you think that if there was actionable evidence of tax evasion in his tax returns, that Trump would have already been charged by the IRS?
That will be the least of the charges. This criminal pig will have his taxes scrutinized and the map of the money will show the crimes. All patriots will be watching and enjoying this take down. The tax people follow the money line, this group will follow the criminal connection with this money

It may not be over in court yet because the last thing that the pond scum wants is his tax returns made public, it will ,once scrutinized, bring criminal charges. I said once he left office he will be spending the rest of his life in court or in jail and the joy of watching that is at the top of every patriots list.
Tax fraud is the same thing that brought down another criminal mobster - Al Capone.
Ironic, isn't it?

Don't you think that if there was actionable evidence of tax evasion in his tax returns, that Trump would have already been charged by the IRS?
Depends on what is discovered. Also, the returns may reveal something else entirely. Regardless, Trump fought desperately to keep them private.

Well it is over in court as to this particular issue. The supreme court has spoken.
That said, these will not be made public. The returns in question were demanded pursuant to a grand jury subpoena and will be released only for use via the grand jury investigation.

I very seriously doubt Trump will ever serve any time, but I’m satisfied knowing that he will spend the remainder of his life defending against lawsuits and investigations. (y)

Well it is over in court as to this particular issue. The supreme court has spoken.
That said, these will not be made public. The returns in question were demanded pursuant to a grand jury subpoena and will be released only for use via the grand jury investigation.
C’mon, you don’t think some details won’t be leaked?

On what basis? Not every return is audited. Are we to believe he's been audited every year for 10 years?

Aaron Hernandez ? Eric Naposki??

Was that a trick question?
I'm pretty sure you can find the answer if you really want to. The guy it's attributed to originally wasn't a football player.

IRS agents/auditors may not have enough tangential documents. The SDNY and NYAG Leticia James will put the puzzle pieces together.

IIRC, Trump personal lawyer Michael Cohen told the feds exactly how Trump engaged in tax fraud and mortgage fraud.

C’mon, you don’t think some details won’t be leaked?
No, I really think they will not. Prosecutors in charge of grand jury investigations take the secrecy aspect of the role seriously. Furthermore, should anything be leaked, there won't be any question where it came from and they would be subject to sanctions and/or criminal charges themselves.

Someday, probably thru civil fraud claims, I suspect Trump's returns will become public and I hope they do because any sane person on the planet knows that a lying cheating scumbag like him almost certainly lied about information in his returns as well. But I don't want them leaked via the grand jury process.

Depends on what is discovered. Also, the returns may reveal something else entirely. Regardless, Trump fought desperately to keep them private.

I tend to think that this is because they will show publicly that he isn't as wealthy as he claims. I think Trump might fear this even more than prison.

Two answers to that, both problematic.

1) Not if that actionable evidence was found while he was President.
2) It's not uncommon for the IRS to avoid going after the rich for tax evasion/fraud since they're intimidated by the resources they have for fighting back. Obviously this is not a great look for the IRS.
3) Edit: also see Eco's response in post 10. There's no reason that so long as there wasn't a giant national spotlight on him, the IRS just didn't notice him. It happens.

However, since he's no longer President and because his tax malfeasance is so extraordinarily high profile now, it will be very difficult for the IRS or other investigating agencies to look the other way moving forward.

This is a State prosecution not a federal prosecution. It has zero to do with tax evasion.

No, I really think they will not. Prosecutors in charge of grand jury investigations take the secrecy aspect of the role seriously. Furthermore, should anything be leaked, there won't be any question where it came from and they would be subject to sanctions and/or criminal charges themselves.

Someday, probably thru civil fraud claims, I suspect Trump's returns will become public and I hope they do because any sane person on the planet knows that a lying cheating scumbag like him almost certainly lied about information in his returns as well. But I don't want them leaked via the grand jury process.
Maybe you’ll be proven right. Given the very great interest of the public in Trump’s financial records and gaping partisan divide, I believe it more likely than not that we (the public) will see some information leaked not long after the tax records are turned over.

Just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Let me ask all the tax experts around here a few questions:
1. Is it illegal to pay off a hooker through your business account?
2. How do you determine the value of a building you own?
3. If you're doing business with a foreign national how do you report that?

These are things Trump is accused of doing so I'm kind of interested to hear how you experts will deal with these matters.

Maybe you’ll be proven right. Given the very great interest of the public in Trump’s financial records and gaping partisan divide, I believe it more likely than not that we (the public) will see some information leaked not long after the tax records are turned over.

Just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️
Frankly I think Trump's biggest concern about releasing the tax documents is that after his aggressive use of expense write offs, neither he nor perhaps his businesses are as successful as he claims. Either he looks bad because of the ridiculous expenses (like paying Ivanka 750k year as a consultant), or again he just doesn't look to be the tycoon he claims to be.

Random non sequitur: saw an interview with comedian Anthony Jesselnik. If you don't know him, very, very dark humor. Does a lot of celebrity roasts. He was asked: at the roasts, are there any topics you are prohibited from joking about? He said: "very rarely. For Mike Tyson, we werent allowed to make rape jokes. For Trump, he barred us from making any jokes suggesting he wasn't as rich as he claimed."

Think about that: a 3 time married, 3 time adulterer, va- jay jay grabbing guy and the only joke he can't bear is about his supposed wealth?

Frankly I think Trump's biggest concern about releasing the tax documents is that after his aggressive use of expense write offs, neither he nor perhaps his businesses are as successful as he claims. Either he looks bad because of the ridiculous expenses (like paying Ivanka 750k year as a consultant), or again he just doesn't look to be the tycoon he claims to be.

Random non sequitur: saw an interview with comedian Anthony Jesselnik. If you don't know him, very, very dark humor. Does a lot of celebrity roasts. He was asked: at the roasts, are there any topics you are prohibited from joking about? He said: "very rarely. For Mike Tyson, we werent allowed to make rape jokes. For Trump, he barred us from making any jokes suggesting he wasn't as rich as he claimed."

Think about that: a 3 time married, 3 time adulterer, va- jay jay grabbing guy and the only joke he can't bear is about his supposed wealth?
As a matter of maintaining what he thinks/wishes his public image as businessman is, you’re right. Trump’s extreme personal insecurities do very often dwarf his concern of more legitimate areas of concern.

I hope the media is given access to his impending court cases/trials. To know that the American public, including his legion of idiot followers, are bearing witness to the complete deconstruction of his public and business life, exposing him fully for the lying, cheating, amoral piece of shit that he truly is will break him. Overdue karma, IMO.

I tend to think that this is because they will show publicly that he isn't as wealthy as he claims. I think Trump might fear this even more than prison.
For years, Trump has bragged about over-valuating and under-valuating his assets.

There are a lot of comments in this thread about how discrediting Trump's claims of wealth. Is that really a justifiable reason to pull his tax returns?

Let me ask all the tax experts around here a few questions:
1. Is it illegal to pay off a hooker through your business account?
2. How do you determine the value of a building you own?
3. If you're doing business with a foreign national how do you report that?

These are things Trump is accused of doing so I'm kind of interested to hear how you experts will deal with these matters.
I'm no tax expert, but as an ethical human being I'll answer number 2. Once I determine the value of a building I will use the same value for all purposes, not a high value for collateral in borrowing and a low value for tax purposes.

There are a lot of comments in this thread about how discrediting Trump's claims of wealth. Is that really a justifiable reason to pull his tax returns?
Nobody used that as a justification for pulling his tax returns.

Back
Top Bottom