• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's tax returns now in the hands of House Democrats after lengthy court battle

Is this your way of saying that if something bad is found, it's not his fault?
Plausible deniability. Lord knows no one would deign believe Donny Boy could even do a simple 1040 much less do his corporate taxes.

No he cant. I have a business and my accountant tells me what I can do, not the other way around.
Right...ok...

Or you know he can report to his guy that his property is worth x and the accountant will use that info.

Fletch had a good point, some posts back as to what democrats expected to find. But does anyone have any predictions about what may emerge?

I have heard a theory that Trump withheld them because they might show he was not as wealthy as he had claimed. And I have to assume that the returns may be the proverbial fire corresponding to the smoke that has emerged from investigations and partial revelations. Also, Trump's involvement in clearly fraudulent schemes such as his university and foundation (and steaks) presumable have made people suspicious. Would be a great joke if there was no "there" there, however.

Trump simply doesn’t want it to be revealed that most of his income comes from him moonlighting as a male stripper.

{What an image, huh?}

:unsure:

b038ac9a3d3195062fd2797824196bc833f1a951.jpg

The Democrats have his tax returns and are pouring over them as we speak. (y)

So much to go through, so little time. Hope they've got the DOJ on speed dial.
Officially - FINALLY!!!

At some point in time, hopefully sooner than later, it will be good to learn why DJT fought so hard to break his promise and keep them hidden from public view while running for the top office in our nation and while being the POTUS.

No he cant. I have a business and my accountant tells me what I can do, not the other way around.
My only question is "Where do I sign?"

Wait, why is there little time?
Unless you're saying that the Republican house will somehow give back the information?
Ive never understood what democrats expect to find. Its not like Trump does his own taxes.
They expect to find that he lied/cheated on his taxes.

Even if he had people do that for him, it was still on taxes he agreed to submit in that state.

But I'm sure he and those who defend him will try to say he doesn't have any responsibility, like usual.

Yet the IRS who specializes in taxes to which a President's Taxes are audited

4.8.4.2.4 (03-12-2015)

Audit of President and Vice President​

Have had his Taxes for years... have yet to send any criminal referral to the FBI.

Some how the House Democrats can do a better Job then the IRS and FBI.......and "Will" Find something the IRS didnt right.........

Edit-

You do realizes they are getting the Tax returns while he was President that are already under audit......

Why would they need 'the DOJ on speed dial'? Their reasoning is to evaluate the law governing presidential audits.

The DOJ probably has them. The IRS has them, and has likely audited them per the law.

Wait, why is there little time?
Unless you're saying that the Republican house will somehow give back the information?
They expect to find that he lied/cheated on his taxes.

Even if he had people do that for him, it was still on taxes he agreed to submit in that state.

But I'm sure he and those who defend him will try to say he doesn't have any responsibility, like usual.
Youve already found him guilty of something with zero evidence, like usual.

I agree, Righties will be leaking in their pants :ROFLMAO:
Honestly about what?

Tax code exist, which every American has access to, even if they find discrepancy they would generally result in fines.

Civil fines likely, same with the committee they have no charging power but to send a "referral" to who, the IRS/FBI..... Again the IRS and FBI had his taxes for years.

We know what he has done, Remember Hunter was caught and had to pay $1million in penalties.... same thing, but Trump has an Army of Accountants...so likely used the Tax code to his advantage, which ANY American has access to.

his CFO/Controller testified that HE took the freebies..... and didn't report it..... Not illegal for Trump org to offer them... you just have to report receiving them and paying for them.

Change the TAX CODE.... going after Trumps just makes people look desperate and unwilling to FIX the issue and that is the loopholes

21% to 28% on corporate taxes mean crap when the corporation has ZERO Taxes to claim.... so 28% of 0% taxes is well..... 0......

Youve already found him guilty of something with zero evidence, like usual.
You could have responded to my post, there was no need to create a strawman and respond to it instead.

Anyone on the committee could read it into the congressional record and be free from prosecution...
You're making my point for me.

Anyone on the committee could read it into the congressional record and be free from prosecution...
How does that not violate 26 U.S.C. § 6103?

How does that not violate 26 U.S.C. § 6103?

US Constitution...

Article I, Section 6, Clause 1

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and
for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

The US Constitution supercedes all federal law...

Back
Top Bottom