• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's tax returns must be released to Congress, DOJ says

Plasmaball

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

I'll post a few links because I know the wp tends to have a pay wall for a lot of people, but it's on a ton of websites already.

Basically the doj reversed the prior decision under barr.which we knew barr was doing to protect trump best he could.
Congress had every right to see his taxes.

I'll post a few links because I know the wp tends to have a pay wall for a lot of people, but it's on a ton of websites already.

Basically the doj reversed the prior decision under barr.which we knew barr was doing to protect trump best he could.
Congress had every right to see his taxes.

....as do the American people, who have right to see (and understand) the financial entanglements of its Presidents.

Tell Congress to GET A WARRANT

You're right.

We have no right to know whether our president is owned by a corporation or a foreign government. That is the elected president's business. The electors have nothing to worry about if they are.

Why don't the libtards get this?

Trump is not our president, and there's no law requiring the president to disclose his tax returns to anyone other than the IRS.

Trump is not our president,

He was the president at one point.

and there's no law requiring the president to disclose his tax returns to anyone other than the IRS.

There's no law cause most presidents have followed the tradition since the beginning, except Trump. That is because Trump is special and nobody should ever doubt he's all in for America.

When will the libtards learn?

Just a note of reality: it is what the law requires.

Does Congress routinely ask to see tax returns of PRIVATE CITIZENS?

And for what purpose at this point?

Again....the democrats control both sides of congress right now....if they want to change the law requiring ALL candidates to disclose taxes, they can do it...and we will NEVER have this issue again

Not sure why we are going backwards.....

Well, good, I guess, but I doubt that it goes anywhere.

Does Congress routinely ask to see tax returns of PRIVATE CITIZENS?

And for what purpose at this point?

Again....the democrats control both sides of congress right now....if they want to change the law requiring ALL candidates to disclose taxes, they can do it...and we will NEVER have this issue again

Not sure why we are going backwards.....
Yes they do ask for taxes all the time

From the Washington Post link:

Former president Donald Trump’s tax return must be shared with House Democrats who have for years demanded access to them, the Justice Department said Friday in a written legal opinion.

The decision marks another significant legal setback for Trump, who has fought a multi-fronted campaign to keep his tax records secret from prosecutors, lawmakers, and the public. Trump was the first president in decades to refuse to share his tax returns as a candidate or while in office.

I guess if the IRS hasn't found anything, a sniveling politician will surely find something

When will Biden release his tax returns?

No answer? Hah, I knew it.

You lose, libtards. Trump won in 2016. Get over it!
Don’t understand. Biden apparently released them going back a few years.

Lol - the internal polls for 2022 must not be looking good for Democrats.

Quick Mr. Peabody - to the Way Back Machine!!! 😂

Wabac-Cartoon.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom