• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Speech Tomorrow?

Trump's Speech Tomorrow?

• Total voters

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Kinda wild that I have to make a poll asking people what they think the President is going to announce and it could be two crazy off the chart things...

1. Enact emergency powers to Build the Wall

2. Re-open the government and claim he will fund The Wall Himself.

Other.

Kinda wild that I have to make a poll asking people what they think the President is going to announce and it could be two crazy off the chart things...

Other.

#1 is another in the list of the kinds of things rightwingers would say Obama was likely to do (declare national emergency to take unconstitutional powers) and they would express outrage, when there was never any indication it would happen.

Meanwhile we have Trump openly threatening it and Obama haters saying "yea, Trump, it's time someone took bold action."

You never what Trump will do.

But my hunch is he knows this is a lost battle and want to at least appear as fighting to his base, by extending this for another two(ish) weeks, so that when it's all said and done they'll blame the Democrats for his policy failure.

Category Other....

Whatever the president says tomorrow in his national speech, or decides to do afterward, those who hate him won't be on board with it...
Remember, with them it's "resist, resist, resist 24-7"

SSDD.

I think it will be a lot of word salad, with a sprinkling of "no collusion" and "4,000 terrorists tried to get in," and topped off with, "this shutdown is the fault of the Democrats."

I'd rather watch paint dry. It'd be far more educational.

Category Other....

Whatever the president says tomorrow in his national speech, or decides to do afterward, those who hate him won't be on board with it...
Remember, with them it's "resist, resist, resist 24-7"

SSDD.

Doesn't he have to give us a reason to like him? the corrupt, criminal, lying, piece of orange filth that he is.

Maybe he'll do that tomorrow :mrgreen:

I think it will be a lot of word salad, with a sprinkling of "no collusion" and "4,000 terrorists tried to get in," and topped off with, "this shutdown is the fault of the Democrats."

Probably incoherent babble about the Wall and Mexico paying for it through the USMCA. Great, then open the ****ing government back up and when your little trade deal stocks the government's coffers with enough money we can build the stupid ass wall.

I agree. He will bitch and moan and claim the terrorists are coming. Also he bears no responsibility for the shut down. Glad I will be bowling.

I agree. He will bitch and moan and claim the terrorists are coming. Also he bears no responsibility for the shut down. Glad I will be bowling.

Trump's primetime address will be a front row show to the Baby Bowl.

I will be at a party but the bar will probably show him on one TV screen blech.

Other.

We don’t want them but obviously you don’t care

I dunno, Trump and his whole party went into this without any real strategy or message.

Clearly he feels the real walls closing in and is realizing how badly he's painted himself into a corner, so he's trying to salvage the optics of this situation by puffing out his chest.

don't really care what he has to say so long as the networks give pelosi an equal opportunity to respond following his remarks

Other.

I think he should throw in the towel and forget the wall and open the flood gates letting illegals in by the 100 million. It is time for another country to rise up and become a world leader as we become just another ****hole 3rd world country.

don't really care what he has to say so long as the networks give pelosi an equal opportunity to respond following his remarks

Come now justabubba, you know the networks are dying to let her respond!

Sad part is neither of those fools are representing other than their own interests!

I weep for the future man.

I dunno, Trump and his whole party went into this without any real strategy or message.

Clearly he feels the real walls closing in and is realizing how badly he's painted himself into a corner, so he's trying to salvage the optics of this situation by puffing out his chest.

a case of injured narcissism, imo.

I want the wall. I don't want it the way Trump wants it.

Let him pay for it if he is going to keep the government shut down.

Is that the normal policy when networks give the president time for nationwide remarks? Would put Pelosi in a tough spot unless she is given Trump's speech in advance. Without knowing what he is about to say how can she be prepared to respond.

Is that the normal policy when networks give the president time for nationwide remarks? Would put Pelosi in a tough spot unless she is given Trump's speech in advance. Without knowing what he is about to say how can she be prepared to respond.

same way the opposition does following a state of the union address

same way the opposition does following a state of the union address

Regardless of who is President, I never find the responses effective. Maybe its just me.

And what real strategy and messages he was given, he brushed aside like a mosquito. He has had geniuses surrounding him (real ones, not handbag designers or propaganda website owners) and he listened to nothing they said. Fired them, for piss sakes.

LMAO! He's definitely not going to fund the wall himself, even he doesn't have enough money to totally fund a wall such as one of the prototypes he wasted our tax dollars building to show off and will never use. A wall such as this that he envisioned would cost him well over 40 billion dollars. This man claimed bankruptcy 6 times so he could stiff banks and lenders. He gets his money from Saudi Arabia princes and Russian oligarchs. He wouldn't pay the contractors and men who built his Tower and they had to sue him to get their paycheck. No American bank will give him a loan. He claims he's worth 3 billion but he may in fact be worth more like 500 million. He was even criticized for serving caviar with plastic spoons at Mar-a-Lago.

Who's going to pay for the wall? We all will of course with our federal income taxes.

Spy magazine called “the easiest 13 cents Trump has ever made,” the magazine reported Trump cashed several checks it sent to him for tiny amounts in 1990. This was part of a test called “Who is the Cheapest Millionaire?” The magazine reported Trump cashed checks for $.50 and $.13. Some other millionaires didn’t bother cashing them.

If Trump declares a national emergency tomorrow, this will be the beginning of the end of his presidency, we won't have to wait to see what Mueller comes up with.

It could be anywhere on the spectrum of possibilities. You can be sure it will be chock full of bull**** for his base with little fact and a lot of fiction.

Back
Top Bottom