• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Rambling Lawsuit against Clinton Thrown Out

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
To no ones surprise, Trump's lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida against HRC, and other members of the alleged democratic conspiracy against him, was thrown out yesterday.

Setting the tone for the legal smackdown Trump and his team of legal wizards was about to receive, was this paragraph in the "background section"
1662734930165.png

And it doesn't get any better after that. In fact, it gets much worse.

But notably, Middlebrooks was appointed to the federal bench by Bill Clinton 25 years ago, so he is an obvious left wing shill, biased for the Clintons.

To no ones surprise, Trump's lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida against HRC, and other members of the alleged democratic conspiracy against him, was thrown out yesterday.

Setting the tone for the legal smackdown Trump and his team of legal wizards was about to receive, was this paragraph in the "background section"
View attachment 67411773

But notably, Middlebrooks was appointed to the federal bench by Bill Clinton 25 years ago, so he is an obvious left wing shill, biased for the Clintons.

One of the last things you should want as an attorney is for a judge to write about how horribly your work product sucks in a published decision . . . .

One of the last things you should want as an attorney is for a judge to write about how horribly your work product sucks in a published decision . . . .
I think there will be more to follow………maybe even a judge….

But, but. Trump only hires the "very best".
What a smack down the judge ruling paper is.

Page 6

...By filing the Amended Complaint, Plaintiff’s lawyers certified to the Court that, to the best of their knowledge, “the claims, defenses, and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law or by a nonfrivolous argument for extending, modifying, or reversing existing law or for establishing new law,” and that “the factual contentions have evidentiary support[.]” Fed. R. Civ. P. 11(b)(2). I have serious doubts about whether that standard is met here.

Attorneys risk their careers representing Trump. No reputable firm will come near him at this point.

Losing court cases is one thing. Losing them for Trump is toxic, and he doesn't seem to win many (any?)

View attachment 67411773

So much winning. Are we tired of all this winning yet?

Yes, and as an attorney who has been on the receiving end of many opinions that did not agree with the position I advanced, Judges are extremely reluctant to call out how horrible someone's work product is unless they must. Normally, they stick to the facts, the law, and tell you why you are wrong.

Amongst the problems of working for Trump, his brain synapses are not all wired together, he thinks in rambling incoherent, disjointed patterns and expects his attorneys to follow his lead of advancing bizarre conspiracy theories. Not ever a good idea, but especially not before a United states District Judge.

I love the fact that the court acknowledges that Trump's "case" is nothing more than a rambling, incoherent mess with no point. Pretty much like every speech, rally, or Truth post that he's ever made.

I love the fact that the court acknowledges that Trump's "case" is nothing more than a rambling, incoherent mess with no point. Pretty much like every speech, rally, or Truth post that he's ever made.

I think about all of the contractors, construction companies and other persons he has threatened with his lawyers in order not to pay them. One thing has become very obvious, Trump’s people suck.

Speaking of Strzok, where is that Durham Report the right has been promising us for the last 2 years - you know, the one coming out in 2 weeks that would result in Strzok's indictments?
Biden must be shaking in his boots.

The Republicans are going to shut down the 1/6 committee. Biden doesn't care about Durham. Pretty obvious who the guilty parties are.

Exactly. Speaking in cliche'd talking points; rarely completing a sentence, etc. works great for the type of people he panders to. Federal Judges are not generally in that crowd (literally or figuratively).

Speaking of Strzok, where is that Durham Report the right has been promising us for the last 2 years - you know, the one coming out in 2 weeks that would result in Strzok's indictments?
They said it was imminent...

They said it was imminent...
Have you guys not heard? They believe it is hidden under Hunter's laptop which they have not yet been given proper access to. But hey, it's coming.

Exactly. Speaking in cliche'd talking points; rarely completing a sentence, etc. works great for the type of people he panders to. Federal Judges are not generally in that crowd (literally or figuratively).
I find Judge Middlebrooks written opinion hysterical if only for the fact that he so annihilates Plaintiff's filing. I actually think Middlebrooks was enjoying himself.

If this had landed in Cannon's lap I would have expected the same initial response she made to the Special Master filing:
- why is this in my courtroom
- what are you asking me to do
- why do you think I have the authority to do it

The difference is that Cannon would have no clue how to proceed no matter how Plaintiff answered those questions.

Some idiot kept telling them that and then they kept running here and telling us that.

Morons. All of them.
I recall posters here salivating at the thought that Obama and others were likely losing sleep at night.........radio silent every one of them!

I find Judge Middlebrooks written opinion hysterical if only for the fact that he so annihilates Plaintiff's filing. I actually think Middlebrooks was enjoying himself.
While not granted very often, Federal Rule 11 provides for the grant of monetary sanctions against a party who files a pleading that violates these standards:

(b) Representations to the Court. By presenting to the court a pleading, written motion, or other paper—whether by signing, filing, submitting, or later advocating it—an attorney or unrepresented party certifies that to the best of the person's knowledge, information, and belief, formed after an inquiry reasonable under the circumstances:

(1) it is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation;

(2) the claims, defenses, and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law or by a nonfrivolous argument for extending, modifying, or reversing existing law or for establishing new law;
(3) the factual contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery;

I think Judge Middlebrook, via the detailed evisceration of Trump's claims, has signaled a Motion for Rule 11 Sanctions may be warranted here. In the end, Trump may very well wind up with a judgment against him for all of defendant's attorney's fees and costs.

Back
Top Bottom