• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Purple Heart

Trump's Purple Heart

• I have no problem with how Trump handled the Purple Heart.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Trump was inappropriate.

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Trump might not have known what the Purple Heart is.

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters

Painter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump was offered a man's Purple Heart. Some time after receiving it he made the following statement, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier."
Trump says he always wanted a Purple Heart - Business Insider

The main debate is in whether or not Trump's words were appropriate, but I want to propose a 3rd angle that the media has yet to pick up on.
The 3rd angle is as follows:

I do not think it likely that Trump would have formed that sentence and said both that he "always wanted one" and mentioned getting one easily.
I believe that Trump did not know or remember what the Purple Heart is awarded for.
So a 3rd option on the poll will be essentially that Trump didn't realize what the medal was.
There are many cases in which Trump knows less about our Government and worldly events than the average citizen. I think this also backs up the theory.

Meh I don't know it was appropriate.

There's nothing wrong with accepting the gift and showing the respect to the earner, GWB kept an NYPD shield In his desk and talked about in speeches, he didn't treat it as a knickknack though

I believe that Trump did not know or remember what the Purple Heart is awarded for.
You do realize he went to the New York Military Academy, right?
Of course he would have known what a Purple Heart is for.

Of course he would have known what purple Heart is for.

I had forgotten. This does indeed make it much less likely. However it is also true that no student had one.
I also don't think Trump's thoughts were on military service at the time.

His words just seem really off and unusual to me, had he known.

But you make a strong point lol.

Of course he would have known what a Purple Heart is for.

He doesn't know what the nuclear triad is. He doesn't know who we do and do not have active diplomatic relationships with. Why do you think he'd know what merits a Purple Heart, when he's already pretty much established that he knows nothing and uses that as a point of pride?

He doesn't know what the nuclear triad is. He doesn't know who we do and do not have active diplomatic relationships with. Why do you think he'd know what merits a Purple Heart, when he's already pretty much established that he knows nothing and uses that as a point of pride?
All you have done is establishing your own bias.
He attended the New York Military Academy for a period of time. Of course he knew what it was.

He would also would have to know what it was in order to have wanted one.

I had forgotten. This does indeed make it much less likely. However it is also true that no student had one.
I also don't think Trump's thoughts were on military service at the time.

His words just seem really off and unusual to me, had he known.

But you make a strong point lol.

Trump knows what an extraordinary honor the Veteran bestowed upon him and, from watching the video, I think Trump was VERY appreciative.

I see nothing wrong with his behavior and I think those who try to twist this event into something derogatory are insulting the action of an American Veteran. Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

"Smear Trump whenever possible" is what this is.

All you have done is establishing your own bias.
He attended the New York Military Academy for a period of time. Of course he knew what it was.

He would also would have to know what it was in order to have wanted one.

Okay. :lamo

Any agenda driven bias against a man is a smear.

Where did you go to school?

Speaking of agendas, how can anyone support a skidmark on the underpants of humanity like lumpy Trump?

Donald Trump did NOT earn that Purple Heart... somebody else did. All he has is possession of it and it is NOT his Purple Heart.

He devalues the sacrifice and shedding of blood that so many gave by this cheap stunt.

Donald Trump did NOT earn that Purple Heart... somebody else did. All he has is possession of it and it is NOT his Purple Heart.

He devalues the sacrifice and shedding of blood that so many gave by this cheap stunt.
WTF?
A LTC gave it to him. It's value hasn't been belittled at all.

Shame on you for belittling the LTC's gift to Trump.

Donald Trump did NOT earn that Purple Heart...

Regardless YOUR opinion, the veteran who freely gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump had his own reasons for doing so.

Who are YOU...what gives YOU the right...to tell that veteran that he shouldn't do with it as he pleases.

You are one disgusting, arrogant individual and you should be ashamed of yourself.

This. ^

"Skidmark on the underpants of humanity" says it all.

Trump was offered a man's Purple Heart. Some time after receiving it he made the following statement, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier."
Trump says he always wanted a Purple Heart - Business Insider

The main debate is in whether or not Trump's words were appropriate, but I want to propose a 3rd angle that the media has yet to pick up on.
The 3rd angle is as follows:

I do not think it likely that Trump would have formed that sentence and said both that he "always wanted one" and mentioned getting one easily.
So a 3rd option on the poll will be essentially that Trump didn't realize what the medal was.
There are many cases in which Trump knows less about our Government and worldly events than the average citizen. I think this also backs up the theory.

There are just so many shocking, disgusting, typical Trump ****ups in this story....it absolutely amazed me.

First off, nobody wants to get a Purple Heart. What a disgusting, ignorant comment. Typical Trump.

Secondly, he lied - again - and said it was a real Purple Heart. The vet who gave it to him immediately after said Trump specifically asked him if it was his real Purple Heart, and he told Trump that it was a replica.

Third, "this was so much easier"? The Trumpettes, who make the Obamabots of 2008 look like rocket scientists, would have an absolute apocalyptic collective meltdown if this disrespectful and ignorant words came out of the mouth of a Democrat.

Fourth, I am more convinced than ever that Donald Trump entered the race in an effort to ensure Hillary Clinton's victory and collaterally take down the Republican Party. And before someone tells me where the Conspiracy Theory forum is, **** you.

Having watched the video no, I have no problem with how he handled it. Yes, he made a joke but he also showed the proper respect. There are more than enough things to legitimately criticize Trump for that I don't feel the need to look for faults where they don't exists.

WTF?
A LTC gave it to him. It's value hasn't been belittled at all.

Shame on you for belittling the LTC's gift to Trump.

Its a disgrace for Trump to pretend that he now has a Purple Heart given the reality how it is earned ....... and he did NOT earn it.

Get ready for one of the worst electoral defeats in many years as Trump is going to crash and burn far worse than the Hindenburg over New Jersey.

And its going to be so much fun to enjoy every minute of it.

Regardless YOUR opinion, the veteran who freely gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump had his own reasons for doing so.

Who are YOU...what gives YOU the right...to tell that veteran that he shouldn't do with it as he pleases.

The United States Constitution.

You are one disgusting, arrogant individual and you should be ashamed of yourself

Calling me silly childish names and insulting me does NOT change the reality that Trump did NOT earn this medal.

Back
Top Bottom