• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Purple Heart

Trump's Purple Heart

• I have no problem with how Trump handled the Purple Heart.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Trump was inappropriate.

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Trump might not have known what the Purple Heart is.

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
Trump was offered a man's Purple Heart. Some time after receiving it he made the following statement, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier."
Trump says he always wanted a Purple Heart - Business Insider

The main debate is in whether or not Trump's words were appropriate, but I want to propose a 3rd angle that the media has yet to pick up on.
The 3rd angle is as follows:

I do not think it likely that Trump would have formed that sentence and said both that he "always wanted one" and mentioned getting one easily.
I believe that Trump did not know or remember what the Purple Heart is awarded for.
So a 3rd option on the poll will be essentially that Trump didn't realize what the medal was.
There are many cases in which Trump knows less about our Government and worldly events than the average citizen. I think this also backs up the theory.

I'm on board with option 3. Trump is extremely ignorant for a presidential candidate--the ultimate candidate for the Fox news/Rush Limbaugh crowd but not so much for anyone with a functioning brain--so that he would be clueless on the exact purpose of the Purple Heart would come as no surprise to me.

Its a disgrace for Trump to pretend that he now has a Purple Heart given the reality how it is earned ....... and he did NOT earn it.
Pretend? WTF?
He literally has a Purple Heart now. It was, as we all know, given to him by the recipient of the award.

Did he say he was awarded a Purple Heart? Did he say he earned it by being wounded during war time?
If not, push on with your bs.

Get ready for one of the worst electoral defeats in many years as Trump is going to crash and burn far worse than the Hindenburg over New Jersey.

And its going to be so much fun to enjoy every minute of it.
You may believe that all you want.
If he loses, it is unlikely to be by crashing and burning.

Pretend? WTF?
He literally has a Purple heart now.

Did he say he was awarded a Purple Heart? Did he say he earned it by being wounded during war time?

Ah, ask for a Fox News/Rush Limbaugh educated American and receive it. Thanks, X.

Ah, ask for a Fox News/Rush Limbaugh educated American and receive it. Thanks, X.
I see you still have no clue as to what you speak.
Maybe someday you will surprise me. I doubt it though.

Trump was offered a man's Purple Heart. Some time after receiving it he made the following statement, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier."

The main debate is in whether or not Trump's words were appropriate, but I want to propose a 3rd angle that the media has yet to pick up on.

I do not think it likely that Trump would have formed that sentence and said both that he "always wanted one" and mentioned getting one easily.
I believe that Trump did not know or remember what the Purple Heart is awarded for.
So a 3rd option on the poll will be essentially that Trump didn't realize what the medal was.
There are many cases in which Trump knows less about our Government and worldly events than the average citizen. I think this also backs up the theory.
Trump is a ****ing moron.

He has no concept of sacrifice, no honor, and no class.

He is truly worthless.

Of course Trump knew what the Purple Heart was. It's ludicrous to even think that he did not know what it was. He should have refused it though.

Pretend? WTF?
He literally has a Purple Heart now. It was, as we all know, given to him by the recipient of the award.

Yeah. The scumbucket literally has a replica of a purple heart.

Trump even lied about it being real.

So he made an awkward statement, but was honored by the gesture and brought the soldier up on stage nonetheless.

Regardless YOUR opinion, the veteran who freely gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump had his own reasons for doing so.

Who are YOU...what gives YOU the right...to tell that veteran that he shouldn't do with it as he pleases.

You are one disgusting, arrogant individual and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The veteran "gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump"?

The veteran "gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump"?

If Trump, the draft dodger, had any honor, he would have put the purple heart on the man's chest, said I don't deserve it - and thanked him for his service.

Not say "I always wanted one" - and put it in his pocket.

It's pure disgusting what he did.

Regardless YOUR opinion, the veteran who freely gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump had his own reasons for doing so.

Who are YOU...what gives YOU the right...to tell that veteran that he shouldn't do with it as he pleases.

You are one disgusting, arrogant individual and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Trump did not earn it, and his stupid quip about how easy it was for him to get it showed yet again what a miserable low life he truly is.

**** Trump and his tiny child brain and hands.

Trump did not earn it, and his stupid quip about how easy it was for him to get it showed yet again what a miserable low life he truly is.

Don't tell that to Marco Rubio.

If Trump, the draft dodger, had any honor, he would have put the purple heart on the man's chest, said I don't deserve it - and thanked him for his service.

Not say "I always wanted one" - and put it in his pocket.

It's pure disgusting what he did.

It wasn't "his own Purple Heart" that the man "gifted" to Trump. It was a replica - something, according to the vet, that he made quite clear to Trump when he gave it to him. The statement "gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump" was a lie.

Powerful response:

Congresswoman and Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth -- who lost both legs and partial use of her arm in combat -- had a powerful message for Donald Trump regarding his controversial remarks about receiving a Purple Heart as a gift.

Sharing a photo of herself in a hospital bed, Duckworth, D-Ill., wrote, "This is how one usually looks when you are awarded the Purple Heart. Nothing easy about it."

Tammy Duckworth Joins Purple Heart Veterans Blasting Trump for 'Repugnant' Comments - ABC News

It seems clear to me that this man is so stupid that he simply did not know that one receives this medal for being wounded or killed.

Last edited:

But you'll always have his diehard supporters (Trumpettes) who will never acknowledge Trump's faults.

But I bet you if Hillary Clinton had done this, they'd be losing their ****.

It wasn't "his own Purple Heart" that the man "gifted" to Trump. It was a replica - something, according to the vet, that he made quite clear to Trump when he gave it to him. The statement "gifted his own Purple Heart to Trump" was a lie.

I noted that/ See post 33.

He still should not have accepted it.

Every single day I shake my head baffled at how Republicans in this country nominated him for POTUS.

I noted that/ See post 33.

He still should not have accepted it.

Of course he shouldn't have accepted it, replica or not. But that wasn't my point. I quoted that poster's post because it was a lie. Lying and support of dishonor has now become a daily occurrence from the Trump camp.

It was inappropriate. There was nothing wrong with being given the replica medal, nor him keeping it. But how he responded to accepting it was crass and disrespectful, completely un-presidential.

Pretend? WTF?

Oscars have been put up for auction. The winning bidder may say he owns an Oscar. But they do not have an Oscar in the true sense that they won he award and were given it in the normal manner.

Same for Trump and this Purple Heart.

The man is a fraud and this is just one example.

The good news is that this is just another straw breaking the camels back.

Speaking of agendas, how can anyone support a skidmark on the underpants of humanity like lumpy Trump?

The elementary use of figurative language to disparage befits your agenda to a T.

When he loses, it is highly probably it will be done by/through/while crashing and burning.

But you'll always have his diehard supporters (Trumpettes) who will never acknowledge Trump's faults.

But I bet you if Hillary Clinton had done this, they'd be losing their ****.

You are right - the Trump Zombies.

Back
Top Bottom