• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's press briefings

Has anyone noticed how Trump's press briefings have changed?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rickc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how Trump's press briefings have changed? Instead if his usual rambling pep rallies he just reads a prepared script in a steady monotone. Not a very good reader either. He struggles with words and phrases. Obviously he has never read any of it before he hits the podium.

Yesterday :

The white house PR flacks omitted from the official transcript
, this question, from the Huffington Post white house correspondent,

Donald Trump Coronavirus Task Force Press Conference Transcript August 13 - Rev
....Speaker 7: (49:21)
Mr. President, after three and a half years, do you regret at all, all the lying you’ve done to the American people? On everything.

Donald Trump: (49:26)
All the what?

Speaker 7: (49:27)
All the lying. All the dishonesties.

Donald Trump: (49:29)
That who has done?

Speaker 7: (49:31)
You have done? 10s of thousands [crosstalk 00:49:35]-

Donald Trump: (49:35)
Yeah, go ahead, please. Please. Go ahead. Go ahead.

Speaker 8: (49:39)
I wanted to ask you about the payroll tax-

....but proudly did not omit this, from the "official" coronavirus daily briefing..:
Whitehouse.gov
Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | August 13, 2020
Issued on: August 13, 2020

hole-gif-19.gif

...Q There are claims circulating on social media that Kamala Harris is not eligible to be — to run for Vice President because she was an “anchor baby,” I quote. Do you or can you definitively say whether or not Kamala Harris is eligible — legal — and meets the legal requirements to run as Vice President?

THE PRESIDENT: So, I just heard that. I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements. And, by the way, the lawyer that wrote that piece is a very highly qualified, very talented lawyer. (BIRTHER) I have no idea if that’s right. I would’ve — I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for Vice President.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: But that’s a very serious — you’re saying that — they’re saying that she doesn’t qualify because she wasn’t born in this country?

Q She was.

Q No, she was born in this country, but her parents did not — the claims say that her parents did not receive their permanent residence at that time.

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, I don’t know about it. I just heard about it. I’ll take a look.

Back in the back, please.....

Last edited:
he's turned is "briefings" into stump speeches.

Has anyone noticed how Trump's press briefings have changed? Instead if his usual rambling pep rallies he just reads a prepared script in a steady monotone. Not a very good reader either. He struggles with words and phrases. Obviously he has never read any of it before he hits the podium.

He likely has not read it before hitting the podium. It is probably finalized just before he goes out.

If it was prepared well in advance, it would be on the teleprompters - like Obama demanded everything he read.

He does not struggle with words and phrases, rather he probably cannot believe what he is reading as he prefers free flowing text.

As a fair-minded supporter of President Trump, I agree that he is a terrible speaker -- except at his pep rallies where he is beloved by the audience and he gets all excited and comes up with crowd-pleasing comments.

But apart from rallies and off-the-cuff remarks to the media on the Executive Mansion lawn, he is a dud at speaking. Yes, he just reads a prepared paper and drones on without any real enthusiasm. President-almost-elect Biden is actually a better speaker when reading from a script.

Back
Top Bottom