• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Path to Victory Narrows [W:65]

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
With Colorado and Virginia pretty much gone and North Carolina now slipping away, Trump's hopes now pretty much lie exclusively in three states: Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. And, looking at the latest polls coming out of PA, those hopes may be slipping away too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-presidential-race.html

In addition, Trump allies have grown concerned about North Carolina, a Republican-leaning state that has large communities of black voters and college-educated whites — two audiences with which Mr. Trump is deeply unpopular.

While Mr. Trump is not ready to give up entirely on any of the major battlegrounds, advisers have become increasingly convinced that his most plausible route to the presidency, and perhaps his only realistic victory scenario, involves capturing all three of the biggest contested electoral prizes on the map, and keeping North Carolina in the Republican column.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Clinton

Re: Trump's Path to Victory Narrows

With Colorado and Virginia pretty much gone and North Carolina now slipping away, Trump's hopes now pretty much lie exclusively in three states: Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. And, looking at the latest polls coming out of PA, those hopes may be slipping away too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-presidential-race.html

So if the N.Y. Time predicts it, it must be true. :roll:

Strange that when I checked that article it showed a poll with Hillary only leading Trump by a mere 0.8.

The polls have been going up and down for months...and the election is still months ahead.

I reiterate; Don't. Count. Your. Chickens. Before. They. Hatch. Wait until the electoral vote count is 270 before declaring victory.

Well we still got a few months to go, so anything could happen at this point.

Strange that when I checked that article it showed a poll with Hillary only leading Trump by a mere 0.8.

The polls have been going up and down for months...and the election is still months ahead.

I reiterate; Don't. Count. Your. Chickens. Before. They. Hatch. Wait until the electoral vote count is 270 before declaring victory.

The Donald path is narrow. He needs a clean sweep of OH, PA and FL, plus holding NC. Good luck with that.

Sure. Of course it can. But, as we sit today, it's looking bleak for the GOP.

Well - Nate Silver, for one, disagrees:

538: Who will win the presidency?

It's too early to start making calls, really. Give it a month for the convention bumps to recede and to let the parents get the kids back in school and past Labor Day, and only then will I start believing what the polls say is accurate.

And who says NC is a done deal?

Real Clear Politics: North Carolina: Trump vs. Clinton

But I do agree that Trump has a narrower path than Hillary.

However, if he starts beating her by several solid points (3,4,5) in the national polls, it will likely reflect in him winning those key battleground states.

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper! :thumbs:

For the better part of a whole year the media has been making stupid predictions. They've said Trump would fade. They said Rubio was a shoe-in. They said Cruz was a shoe-in. They said Hillary would eclipse him in the polls. They said he'd never have a chance.

Time after time after time, the exact opposite has happened. ...and you continue to believe the media?

Considering the clear Hillary fatigue we see in the American public......Hillary never had a chance and she still has no chance.

They'll have to kill Trump to elect Hillary and with the desperation and utter evil now openly shown by the Corporatist Oligarchs.......I don't doubt that they will.

Maybe that's Hillary's chance.

If it can be trolling it will be posting.

my guess is that he takes most of the the south and Indiana. Virginia is now probably in the blue column. as always, it comes down to PA, Ohio, Florida, New Mexico, and Wisconsin.

When will you liberals realize Trump supporters and forward thinking intelligent voters that are still undecided are not affected by biased claims based on the lying liberal media and press....Its almost laughable you continue to attempt to convince people Hillary is winning or will win.

I realize you are concerned and I would be too if I was dumb enough to want Hillary to win... The reality is Trumps support grows daily simply because so many intelligent voters absolutely hate HRC and will do anything they can ( legally in contrast to what the Democrats are willing to do ) to ensure she not only looses handily come November but never takes another seat in government... She and her husband deserve to loose everything they have and be investigated for their corruption and lies.

If you doubt what I say, it is very easy to conduct truly unbiased and fair across the board personal polls to see who truly is more popular. Many have done this exact thing and their results are in alignment with what I have discovered...... Most people contacted support Trump. If you elect to wait outside welfare offices or drive through inner city areas, you will definitely find many more Hillary supporters because they think she cares about them.......which sadly is not reality.......

If you watch the news....you will also see many voters of color....that previously supported HRC have discovered how big wall street and big business own her regardless of her claims... New HRC lies seem to come up almost every day which simply are resulting in more nails in her coffin....... She's done and its her fault entirely..... The lying and cheating DP and DNC haven't helped either have they?

Trumps not perfect and no one is claiming he is...but compared to HRC....he is the clear choice because he is willing to do what it takes to undo excessive liberalism, strengthen our borders and wage war against ISIS........ Sorry....but HRC will not win in November......because there are still enough patriots to overwhelm ignorant voters that insist on supporting someone that has proved she cannot be trusted with confidential information, wants to let in 550% more immigrants into our country and would prove spineless against ISIS.....

Written by a true patriot that gets it and is done with our government being controlled by huge financial corporations, huge insurance companies and wall street manipulators. Trump threatened the welfare of many corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle yet still managed to win the GOP candidacy......because of his incredible support by we the middle class patriotic workers of America............

For the better part of a whole year the media has been making stupid predictions. They've said Trump would fade. They said Rubio was a shoe-in. They said Cruz was a shoe-in. They said Hillary would eclipse him in the polls. They said he'd never have a chance.

Time after time after time, the exact opposite has happened. ...and you continue to believe the media?

Precisely!

God speed Trump 2016....and may Hillary find herself alongside her husband behind bars where they truly deserve to be......

Precisely!

God speed Trump 2016....and may Hillary find herself alongside her husband behind bars where they truly deserve to be......

I think what really terrifies supporters of the clinton crime family are two things

1) another terrorist attack that can be traced to fundie-muzzies is going to help Trump a bunch. especially if the terrorists were recent immigrants-legal or not

2) if Trump gets elected, he will appoint all the federal prosecutors as the district level, and the AG, and there will be much more of an effort to convict Hillary of perjury and incompetence.

I think what really terrifies supporters of the clinton crime family are two things

1) another terrorist attack that can be traced to fundie-muzzies is going to help Trump a bunch. especially if the terrorists were recent immigrants-legal or not

2) if Trump gets elected, he will appoint all the federal prosecutors as the district level, and the AG, and there will be much more of an effort to convict Hillary of perjury and incompetence.

Why do you people always want to prosecute your political rivals? Fascism suits you.

Trump's Path to Victory Narrows

Why do you people always want to prosecute your political rivals? Fascism suits you.

Communism also regularly prosecutes its political rivals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Communism also regularly prosecutes its political rivals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. But, I know Turtle isn't a commie. Whether or not he is a fascist...I'm not so sure yet. The latest signs do not appear to be too promising.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Not saying I expect her to take this bump and never look back, but I expect her to gradually crack open a bigger lead. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part

Signs indicate Trump is slipping in Ohio. The snub by the governor last week will be deadly. I don't see a bounce back from that. Florida is the big toss up, IMO. Trump seems to be appealing to the voters there. I'm not sure why.

The very thought of Christie as AG is frightening. He would set cannabis reform back to the dark Bush2 days.

Signs indicate Trump is slipping in Ohio. The snub by the governor last week will be deadly. I don't see a bounce back from that. Florida is the big toss up, IMO. Trump seems to be appealing to the voters there. I'm not sure why.

Kasich is doing everything pokiticalky possible to keep ohio from Trump. Keep it up!! I am no fan of Hilldog, but the GOP can kiss my ass if they think i will vote for a narcissistic, egotistical, thin skinned bufoon who is clearly not fit to be CIC.

That's all you care about?

Lots of folks vote on social issues, get over it, its my vote. And am very pleased its a vote from a swing state, Ohio!!

Kasich is doing everything pokiticalky possible to keep ohio from Trump. Keep it up!! I am no fan of Hilldog, but the GOP can kiss my ass if they think i will vote for a narcissistic, egotistical, thin skinned bufoon who is clearly not fit to be CIC.

That describes me to a T. I'm no fan of Hillary, but that Trump guy is just awful. He's not only an embarrassment, but he is also unfit to be president. What was that line? "Someone who can be baited by a tweet should not be given access codes to nuclear weapons."

That's all you care about?

lol...I expect a Rightie in Cali to whine. Sucks to know your vote won't matter. Doesn't it?

I may vote for Hillary just so that one more person votes for her to beat Trump in a state that is currently showing them tied. And, I hate Hillary. But, I definitely hate Trump more.

Back
Top Bottom