• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's past tweets slammed others for not paying enough taxes and claimed he pays 'more'

Aletheia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump's past tweets slammed others for not paying enough taxes and claimed he pays 'more'

It's one thing to lose money, but to brag about being the greatest tax generating business success and simultaneously putting down others for not paying enough taxes... Can you see why some see that as less than desirable in a leader?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years, President Donald Trump’s Twitter feed has featured messages slamming others for not paying taxes, bragging about how rich he is, criticizing those paying taxes overseas, and even claiming he pays “more taxes in one year than you pay in your entire life.”
That didn’t stop him from attacking others for supposedly not paying enough in taxes. In 2012, he tweeted that then-President Barack Obama “only pays 20.5%” of his earnings in taxes.

@realDonaldTrump

Trump is an American that will pay more taxes in one year than you pay in your entire life.

@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://t.co/bqF26mQf Do as I say not as I do.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

It's one thing to lose money, but to brag about being the greatest tax generating business success and simultaneously putting down others for not paying enough taxes... Can you see why some see that as less than desirable in a leader?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years, President Donald Trump’s Twitter feed has featured messages slamming others for not paying taxes, bragging about how rich he is, criticizing those paying taxes overseas, and even claiming he pays “more taxes in one year than you pay in your entire life.”
That didn’t stop him from attacking others for supposedly not paying enough in taxes. In 2012, he tweeted that then-President Barack Obama “only pays 20.5%” of his earnings in taxes.
@realDonaldTrump
Trump is an American that will pay more taxes in one year than you pay in your entire life.

@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://t.co/bqF26mQf Do as I say not as I do.

He's a fraudulent loser. A hypocrite. A bastard. A conman. A cheat.

@realDonaldTrump

One thing that's evident: Trump isn't a politician. He doesn't talk like one. He tends to talk off the cuff.
He has a sense of humor too, in which he puts in his statements - I see that in his rallies - and, they get taken out of context.

I also think he enjoys riling his opponents - like, trolling them by making outrageous comment. And sure enough, you see the media
and everyone puffing and huffing. :LOL:

He's a broke liar. What idiots don't know that by now?

One thing that's evident: Trump isn't a politician. He doesn't talk like one. He tends to talk off the cuff.
He has a sense of humor too, in which he puts in his statements - I see that in his rallies - and, they get taken out of context.

I also think he enjoys riling his opponents - like, trolling them by making outrageous comment. And sure enough, you see the media and everyone puffing and huffing.

Is this supposed to be a defense of Trump? He talks just like what he is; a low life grifter and trouble maker. He does all this to distract from his scams he perpetrates. The biggest one being his latest role as president, where he pretends to give a crap about his country and its citizens.

Last edited:

I also think he enjoys riling his opponents - like, trolling them by making outrageous comment. And sure enough, you see the media

EByph_vUcAMafSg

Couldn't you have just said that you enjoy being lied to ?

Guess there really is a sucker born every minute.

2c8e088f3a480289f97d5c9f197e358789198419.jpg

So he knew he was gonna commit tax fraud years ago and laid little twitter traps to rub our faces in it?

So he knew he was gonna commit tax fraud years ago and laid little twitter traps to rub our faces in it?

Is it fraud? Proven?
Did he commit a crime?

Where does it say that? Cite your source, please.

Couldn't you have just said that you enjoy being lied to ?
Guess there really is a sucker born every minute.

You? :oops:
You believe everything you read in the media?
:LOL:

Don't be too hard on yourself. It is harder these days to sift the truth from lies.

You? :oops:
You believe everything you read in the media?
:LOL:

Don't be too hard on yourself. It is harder these days to sift the truth from lies.

The easy one is that everything that Trump says is grifter BS. #FakePresident

Back
Top Bottom