• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Oval Office address was a wasted opportunity

Interesting how others have answered the question but not Jack.

There will not be any wall. This is just a Trumpian smokescreen to distract us from his collusion with Putin.

If they did not come to the US illegally they would not be in what you consider "servitude". So what your saying is most illegals are of poor skill set and are only suited for manual labor.

No, that's your straw man. What I'm saying is that the word "illegal" has become the conservative "get out of bigotry, free" card. If they pretend they care about law and order they don't have to prove the morality of their opinions through a discussion of the facts.

People don't carry their babies for a thousand miles in hopes of entering another country unless they're desperate. And, just as it is less immoral for a hungry person to steal bread, it's less immoral for desperate Latinos to violate our border. And, just like it's hugely immoral to exploit the desperate to make a few dollars more, the douchebags who hire and exploit these desperate people are committing serious crimes against the US. But, because the conservative party is comprised of elitists who feel they're above morality, it's hard to punish the exploiters because their wealth-worshiping constituents don't care if they're immoral.

That's what I'm saying.

No, that's your straw man. What I'm saying is that the word "illegal" has become the conservative "get out of bigotry, free" card. If they pretend they care about law and order they don't have to prove the morality of their opinions through a discussion of the facts.

People don't carry their babies for a thousand miles in hopes of entering another country unless they're desperate. And, just as it is less immoral for a hungry person to steal bread, it's less immoral for desperate Latinos to violate our border. And, just like it's hugely immoral to exploit the desperate to make a few dollars more, the douchebags who hire and exploit these desperate people are committing serious crimes against the US. But, because the conservative party is comprised of elitists who feel they're above morality, it's hard to punish the exploiters because their wealth-worshiping constituents don't care if they're immoral.

That's what I'm saying.

- So you get to be the morality enforcer. You will not get anywhere with me playing the baby card and what a hard journey the illegal has taken.

- Bottom line, do not come into the US illegally. If you come in legally there is no issue.

- So you get to be the morality enforcer. You will not get anywhere with me playing the baby card and what a hard journey the illegal has taken.

- Bottom line, do not come into the US illegally. If you come in legally there is no issue.

What about the other, GREATER criminals? What about the rich, white people who exploit those desperate refugees and undercut their fellow Americans at the same time? Aren't their actions WORSE? How can you not agree? Where is the appreciation for the degrees of evil and the consideration of intent? The right wing moral compass doesn't even have a needle any more, it just turns the viewer toward the money.

No, I don't get to be the morality enforcer. In fact, there isn't one. There are immoral people exploiting the desperate and there are the conservative delusionoids who ignore that, blaming the poor as usual. Clearly, facts and morality have no power here in the land of the greed... I mean "free".

I disagree with you but I accept the futility of trying to convince you of your lack of thoughtfulness. Hate wins again.

What about the other, GREATER criminals? What about the rich, white people who exploit those desperate refugees and undercut their fellow Americans at the same time? Aren't their actions WORSE? How can you not agree? Where is the appreciation for the degrees of evil and the consideration of intent? The right wing moral compass doesn't even have a needle any more, it just turns the viewer toward the money.

No, I don't get to be the morality enforcer. In fact, there isn't one. There are immoral people exploiting the desperate and there are the conservative delusionoids who ignore that, blaming the poor as usual. Clearly, facts and morality have no power here in the land of the greed... I mean "free".

I disagree with you but I accept the futility of trying to convince you of your lack of thoughtfulness. Hate wins again.

- "What about the rich, white people who exploit those desperate refugees and undercut their fellow Americans at the same time?"
What a racist remark. What about the rich non white people? You seem to focus on whites.
Hint. No illegals, no illegals to exploit.

- I am not right wing. Pretty much opinion after that by you.

- I have to believe American cannot correct all the world problems. I also believe that those who follow Americans immigrations laws are welcome to come in.
- Seems the people wanting in the US could have a better life in Mexico. Why didn't they apply their?

I disagree with you also. There is no hate towards those who seek asylum or break or immigration laws. I don't hate people who speed. You use the word hate so easy that it has no meaning. Playing the race and hate card gets you nowhere.

- "What about the rich, white people who exploit those desperate refugees and undercut their fellow Americans at the same time?"
What a racist remark. What about the rich non white people? You seem to focus on whites.

White people represent the vast majority of rich American business owners, do they not? Who else is hiring illegal immigrants if not them? Furthermore, what side of the aisle represents rich, white people exclusively? Be honest.

That's not racism (because you clearly don't even know what that ****ing word means), it's a fair assessment of reality.

Hint. No illegals, no illegals to exploit.

Hint, no jobs, no reason to migrate. They are being drawn here by opportunities to earn money, something they are lacking in their home countries. BTW, do you have any clue about what NAFTA did to the small farmers in Mexico? It allowed rich, white American companies to sell at a loss until the local suppliers (the competition) lost their farms. That's what happened. And, what do you think all of those now homeless farmers are going to do? Yes, travel north. Again, it's not their fault they need to eat, it's our fault that they can't afford to.

I am not right wing.

If it quacks like an ill informed, greedy, racially oblivious duck...

White people represent the vast majority of rich American business owners, do they not? Who else is hiring illegal immigrants if not them? Furthermore, what side of the aisle represents rich, white people exclusively? Be honest.

That's not racism (because you clearly don't even know what that ****ing word means), it's a fair assessment of reality.

Hint, no jobs, no reason to migrate. They are being drawn here by opportunities to earn money, something they are lacking in their home countries. BTW, do you have any clue about what NAFTA did to the small farmers in Mexico? It allowed rich, white American companies to sell at a loss until the local suppliers (the competition) lost their farms. That's what happened. And, what do you think all of those now homeless farmers are going to do? Yes, travel north. Again, it's not their fault they need to eat, it's our fault that they can't afford to.

If it quacks like an ill informed, greedy, racially oblivious duck...

You should read this before claiming someone bein ill informed.

"These data are powerful evidence that affluent Americans in the most elite locales contribute significantly more money to Democrats than Republicans. The data also show that Democrats raise a notable chunk of their campaign money in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C."
https://capitalresearch.org/article/party-one-percent/

Do you consider the 11 to 12 million illegals in the US a problem?

So Trump's wall is going to magically remove them from the USA? Oh my, do tell! How is that is going to work.

So Trump's wall is going to magically remove them from the USA? Oh my, do tell! How is that is going to work.

Interesting that you answer a question with questions without address the one I asked. So it is a non response. You should run for office.:lamo
Did I say I support building a wall?
I have stated I don't care if a wall is built or not. I do care that something needs to be done to take of illegal immigration.
Check on how Eisenhower handled it.

Back
Top Bottom